-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 SUNY Upstate
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes there is! It is located on this Orientation page:
Orientation Information 2025 | Incoming Students | SUNY Upstate
Congratulations on your acceptance to Upstate Medical University and welcome to the New Student Orientation page!www.upstate.edu
Thank you🙂
D
deleted971841
Posting for my friend to say that he found his acceptance in his spam box from last week. Interviewed 11/20. Super non-trad, 3.7/519.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
buddhadoc518
Full Member
Accepted!!!! Received by email & postal mail. Went to my spam folder as well.
maryidafrancis
Full Member
did anyone get their request approved for the facebook page yet?
It took about a week for my request to be approved! They seem to add a bunch of people at once, rather than as everyone joinsdid anyone get their request approved for the facebook page yet?
maryidafrancis
Full Member
for other accepted students, it says on the second look day RSVP that you can bring up to 2 guests. are most people bringing their parents or attending alone?
You can bring who you like. It does get a little strange when parents are asking all the questions thoughfor other accepted students, it says on the second look day RSVP that you can bring up to 2 guests. are most people bringing their parents or attending alone?
Yes, I am still on hold. IS applicant.Anyone still on pre-II hold here? if so IS or OOS?
for other accepted students, it says on the second look day RSVP that you can bring up to 2 guests. are most people bringing their parents or attending alone?
I’ll probably bring my parents! Won’t let them act like its undergrad “accepted students day” though
I was complete early August and I’m still under “Supplemental Load Process”. No hold email.....yet. Anyone else?
+1
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buddhadoc518
Full Member
What in the world does that even mean?I was complete early August and I’m still under “Supplemental Load Process”. No hold email.....yet. Anyone else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish I knewWhat in the world does that even mean?
What kind of info?Got scholarship info via mail today! Phone call last week!
That I got a scholarship hahahWhat kind of info?
4everrunning
Full Member
same!Yes, I am still on hold. IS applicant.
samebeen on hold since sep 15th, still haven't heard anything.
Received cost of attendance info but still no word on financial aid. Any idea when that’ll go out?
Interviewed 1/13, my portal just cleared today. Hopefully will get a decision soon! They told us we would hear back by the first week of february, so fingers crossed
Accepted! I think! It says view your acceptance letter on the portal but I can't open up the link. But yay!
Edit: actually accepted, got the email but it went to spam
Edit: actually accepted, got the email but it went to spam
Prettybunny112
New Member
Does anyone know if they’re just interviewing for the waitlist at this point? I have an interview scheduled but don’t want to take off work and pay to go if there’s limited seats/ they’re just going to place me on waitlist
Received cost of attendance info but still no word on financial aid. Any idea when that’ll go out?
Did they send you an email about this? Haven’t heard anything since the second look day email.
Interview tomorrow!!!! Wish me luck!!!!
How long does the interview last? Trying to figure out travel details.Interview tomorrow!!!! Wish me luck!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a soft pre-II rejection, I guess. They invited me to do the special admission's then I get a spot on the MD program for next year. Not sure if this is is a waste of my time or something positive. What do you guys think?
I got a soft pre-II rejection, I guess. They invited me to do the special admission's then I get a spot on the MD program for next year. Not sure if this is is a waste of my time or something positive. What do you guys think?
+1 I indicated that I was interested but not really sure what it entails exactly lmao
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got a soft pre-II rejection, I guess. They invited me to do the special admission's then I get a spot on the MD program for next year. Not sure if this is is a waste of my time or something positive. What do you guys think?
I got a similar one a few weeks ago. But mine said I would only get an interview after the program
I got a similar one a few weeks ago. But mine said I would only get an interview after the program
Oh, so it’s really like doing a 1 year masters and another gap year while applying :/
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, so it’s really like doing a 1 year masters and another gap year while applying :/
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some other universities have a similar program like this, and they don't make you wait a full gap year. It is conditional....if you do well in the master's program then you get accepted into the following year's class. FSU and LECOM do this. So if you do the masters in 2020, you get admitted into the MD in 2021.
EDIT: I might be wrong about SUNY's program, because I am talking about two other schools. So any corrections are welcomed.
Portal cleared. Interviewed 1/15, not sure if this is insightful, but ye
IJustWannaDoc
Full Member
pre-II people, any news?
Accepted! First Acceptance for me. Interviewed 1/15
MDtobe2024
Full Member
For any future applicants!
8/14: complete
Zero communication until February
2/6: call from admissions to tell me about rejection but to also ask for my interest in their special pathway program
2/19: special pathway official email
2/21: official rejection email
8/14: complete
Zero communication until February
2/6: call from admissions to tell me about rejection but to also ask for my interest in their special pathway program
2/19: special pathway official email
2/21: official rejection email
Can you tell me more about the special pathway?For any future applicants!
8/14: complete
Zero communication until February
2/6: call from admissions to tell me about rejection but to also ask for my interest in their special pathway program
2/19: special pathway official email
2/21: official rejection email
Can you tell me more about the special pathway?
Med Scholars Med School Prep: MS | College of Health Professions | SUNY Upstate
Strengthen and cultivate your academic, clinical, and analytical skills in preparation for admission to medical school with our 1-year MedPrep, MS program.
www.upstate.edu
MDtobe2024
Full Member
In addition to the tech program they have 2 other pathways. All 3 programs have conditional acceptance to SUNY upstate upon completion. I didn’t inquire about the length of each program but I’m assuming they’re all one yearCan you tell me more about the special pathway?
1) masters in public health
2) AMSNY buffalo postbac program. This is more to strengthen an application with MCAT prep available as well
In addition to the tech program they have 2 other pathways. All 3 programs have conditional acceptance to SUNY upstate upon completion. I didn’t inquire about the length of each program but I’m assuming they’re all one year
1) masters in public health
2) AMSNY buffalo postbac program. This is more to strengthen an application with MCAT prep available as well
From what I was told, the MPH pathway is two years at this time. They are working on making it 1 year as well. That is their goal before the 2020 year begins classes.
retro2021
Full Member
In addition to the tech program they have 2 other pathways. All 3 programs have conditional acceptance to SUNY upstate upon completion. I didn’t inquire about the length of each program but I’m assuming they’re all one year
1) masters in public health
2) AMSNY buffalo postbac program. This is more to strengthen an application with MCAT prep available as well
I am having trouble finding more info online about the MPH with a conditional acceptance, do you have a link? Thank you!
I am having trouble finding more info online about the MPH with a conditional acceptance, do you have a link? Thank you!
She told me that they are withholding this information online, only disclosing the details to those accepted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-ii R smh couldnt have R’d me with the last wave
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
Haven't heard anything from them since interview 1/29. Has anyone been accepted around this date?
Interviewed 2/3 and still nothing.. apparently they are backed upHaven't heard anything from them since interview 1/29. Has anyone been accepted around this date?
How long does the interview last? Trying to figure out travel details.
Sorry, I'm just now seeing this! Interview session started at 10:45 am and they said we would get out at 3:00 pm. We ended up getting out exactly at 3:00, so I think their time frame is pretty accurate.
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
Accepted today! Interviewed 1/29