2019-2020 SUNY Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R after pre II hold just nowwwww

Members don't see this ad.

Posting for my friend to say that he found his acceptance in his spam box from last week. Interviewed 11/20. Super non-trad, 3.7/519.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any accepted students been able to get onto the My Upstate portal using the ID# we were given? Mine doesn’t work and I’ve only been able to get onto the original portal we submitted secondaries on.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted!!!! Received by email & postal mail. Went to my spam folder as well.

Reactions: 4 users
for other accepted students, it says on the second look day RSVP that you can bring up to 2 guests. are most people bringing their parents or attending alone?

for other accepted students, it says on the second look day RSVP that you can bring up to 2 guests. are most people bringing their parents or attending alone?
You can bring who you like. It does get a little strange when parents are asking all the questions though

• Haha
Anyone still on pre-II hold here? if so IS or OOS?

I’ll probably bring my parents! Won’t let them act like its undergrad “accepted students day” though

I was complete early August and I’m still under “Supplemental Load Process”. No hold email.....yet. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
II this past week after being on hold since September. In state applicant if that matters. My LM is 65 but I wouldn't consider that accurate as I have a massive upward GPA trend.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got scholarship info via mail today! Phone call last week!

been on hold since sep 15th, still haven't heard anything.

Received cost of attendance info but still no word on financial aid. Any idea when that’ll go out?

Interviewed 1/13, my portal just cleared today. Hopefully will get a decision soon! They told us we would hear back by the first week of february, so fingers crossed

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! I think! It says view your acceptance letter on the portal but I can't open up the link. But yay!

Edit: actually accepted, got the email but it went to spam

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if they’re just interviewing for the waitlist at this point? I have an interview scheduled but don’t want to take off work and pay to go if there’s limited seats/ they’re just going to place me on waitlist

Received cost of attendance info but still no word on financial aid. Any idea when that’ll go out?

Did they send you an email about this? Haven’t heard anything since the second look day email.

I got a soft pre-II rejection, I guess. They invited me to do the special admission's then I get a spot on the MD program for next year. Not sure if this is is a waste of my time or something positive. What do you guys think?

I got a soft pre-II rejection, I guess. They invited me to do the special admission's then I get a spot on the MD program for next year. Not sure if this is is a waste of my time or something positive. What do you guys think?

+1 I indicated that I was interested but not really sure what it entails exactly lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a similar one a few weeks ago. But mine said I would only get an interview after the program

I got a similar one a few weeks ago. But mine said I would only get an interview after the program

Oh, so it’s really like doing a 1 year masters and another gap year while applying :/

Oh, so it’s really like doing a 1 year masters and another gap year while applying :/

Some other universities have a similar program like this, and they don't make you wait a full gap year. It is conditional....if you do well in the master's program then you get accepted into the following year's class. FSU and LECOM do this. So if you do the masters in 2020, you get admitted into the MD in 2021.

EDIT: I might be wrong about SUNY's program, because I am talking about two other schools. So any corrections are welcomed.

For any future applicants!
8/14: complete
Zero communication until February
2/6: call from admissions to tell me about rejection but to also ask for my interest in their special pathway program
2/19: special pathway official email
2/21: official rejection email

Reactions: 1 users
For any future applicants!
8/14: complete
Zero communication until February
2/6: call from admissions to tell me about rejection but to also ask for my interest in their special pathway program
2/19: special pathway official email
2/21: official rejection email
Can you tell me more about the special pathway?

Can you tell me more about the special pathway?
In addition to the tech program they have 2 other pathways. All 3 programs have conditional acceptance to SUNY upstate upon completion. I didn’t inquire about the length of each program but I’m assuming they’re all one year
1) masters in public health
2) AMSNY buffalo postbac program. This is more to strengthen an application with MCAT prep available as well

In addition to the tech program they have 2 other pathways. All 3 programs have conditional acceptance to SUNY upstate upon completion. I didn’t inquire about the length of each program but I’m assuming they’re all one year
2) AMSNY buffalo postbac program. This is more to strengthen an application with MCAT prep available as well

From what I was told, the MPH pathway is two years at this time. They are working on making it 1 year as well. That is their goal before the 2020 year begins classes.

I am having trouble finding more info online about the MPH with a conditional acceptance, do you have a link? Thank you!

I am having trouble finding more info online about the MPH with a conditional acceptance, do you have a link? Thank you!

She told me that they are withholding this information online, only disclosing the details to those accepted.

Haven't heard anything from them since interview 1/29. Has anyone been accepted around this date?

How long does the interview last? Trying to figure out travel details.

Sorry, I'm just now seeing this! Interview session started at 10:45 am and they said we would get out at 3:00 pm. We ended up getting out exactly at 3:00, so I think their time frame is pretty accurate.