2019-2020 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else have acceptances to Davis as well as another school and is waiting for their financial aid package as the deciding factor? I know they don't release the full aid until June so I'm not sure how to proceed regarding AAMC protocols. Any advice is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know someone else who got off the WL receive a scholarship too.

How long after getting off of WL? I got off last Thursday and idk when I should expect to hear from them about scholarships (assuming I'm getting any).

How long after getting off of WL? I got off last Thursday and idk when I should expect to hear from them about scholarships (assuming I'm getting any).

I found out on a Thursday and then scholarship came directly from Dean Henderson by the following Tuesday. I confirmed with the financial advisor that if it’s sent by Dean Henderson then it is real. It’s a good chunk of change they are offering every year.

Reactions: 1 users
I got off the waitlist on Monday and got a scholarship today! It's modest but very appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted off the waitlist earlier today. I got the call and was so excited I honestly blacked out after they said they were calling from Davis. lol. I'm still at a loss for words and will be accepting the offer. Hang in there everyone, there is still movement off the waitlist.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I was accepted off the waitlist earlier today. I got the call and was so excited I honestly blacked out after they said they were calling from Davis. lol. I'm still at a loss for words and will be accepting the offer. Hang in there everyone, there is still movement off the waitlist.

Hi, do you mind sharing when you interviewed and if you’re IS?

Has anyone that interviewed in February March or April got in off the waitlist? Also, big time congrats to everyone that got in off the waitlist! You all deserve it.

Reactions: 1 user
Off the WL today! My first acceptance! Interviewed November, places on WL in December. IS applicant

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone that interviewed in February March or April got in off the waitlist? Also, big time congrats to everyone that got in off the waitlist! You all deserve it.
I know someone who was interviewed in April, placed on WL, and accepted not too long ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, has anyone called to see if the class is full?
I have not. I was waiting to see when the acceptances off the waitlist cooled down. There were still some last week of people who got in and posted so it seems like there still movement. Hopefully there is more this week? But I guess we'll just have to wait and see. From what I've noticed.. it seems like they make most acceptances every Thursday.
If anyone has called, let us know!

For those who are accepted to UCD, what is the CTE deadline?

3 days or else they say bye bye to you for good.
Thanks! What about for those who were accepted right after the interview (not from the waitlist)? They sent out an email yesterday with ambiguous wording telling us to CTE, but I am on some waitlists that I would really like to stay on for as long as possible.

Thanks! What about for those who were accepted right after the interview (not from the waitlist)? They sent out an email yesterday with ambiguous wording telling us to CTE, but I am on some waitlists that I would really like to stay on for as long as possible.
I think it's July 1st.

I think it's July 1st.
It is July 1st. I emailed admissions about after getting the email as well because I wanted to make sure they hadn’t changed the date for CTE (the email made it seem like they might have for a second but they didn’t)

Reactions: 1 users
It is July 1st. I emailed admissions about after getting the email as well because I wanted to make sure they hadn’t changed the date for CTE (the email made it seem like they might have for a second but they didn’t)
I was too scared to ask haha thanks!!

Nothing here, hopefully it’s just the new virtual graduation tomorrow morning that has been occupying them.
Haven't heard anything here either. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Emailed admissions and they kindly responded that at this time WL movement is slow, as they offer positions when space becomes available :/

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee.

Do you have a connection to Northern or Central California? Please Explain.

A section to enter course prereqs.

A section to enter three activities. "Please list the activities you would like to be considered in your application to UC Davis. You may use your activities listed in your initial AMCAS application or select/add others that may be relevant to UC Davis. Please only list three."

On the last secondary question, are we supposed to just summarize/shorten our AMCAS MME responses? Will they only be looking at these responses in the Secondary or also read the 3 from the Primaries? If they are looking at both, should I write new responses then? A little confused about how to approach this question. Thank you :)

On the last secondary question, are we supposed to just summarize/shorten our AMCAS MME responses? Will they only be looking at these responses in the Secondary or also read the 3 from the Primaries? If they are looking at both, should I write new responses then? A little confused about how to approach this question. Thank you :)

I believe it was literally just listing the 3 activities most relevant to UCD in your opinion. Could be exactly the 3 MME you put on your AMCAS, or it could be other different experiences. From what I recall, there wasn’t a place to write descriptions for them. Davis has a very short secondary so I wouldn’t overthink it.

Meanwhile, anyone on the waitlist still alive out there? Feels like hope is all lost at this point :/

Me
I believe it was literally just listing the 3 activities most relevant to UCD in your opinion. Could be exactly the 3 MME you put on your AMCAS, or it could be other different experiences. From what I recall, there wasn’t a place to write descriptions for them. Davis has a very short secondary so I wouldn’t overthink it.

Meanwhile, anyone on the waitlist still alive out there? Feels like hope is all lost at this point :/
[/QUOTE

Im still here! I read they rejected some people off the wailist. But I think CTE is July 1st so im holding out until then. After that, I give up.

Im still here! I read they rejected some people off the wailist. But I think CTE is July 1st so im holding out until then. After that, I give up.

Did anyone who received an II last cycle NOT have a clinical/physician letter? It is "recommended" on their site but I am not sure if it is a soft requirement. Thanks!

Did anyone who received an II last cycle NOT have a clinical/physician letter? It is "recommended" on their site but I am not sure if it is a soft requirement. Thanks!

In my case it was fine. UCD accepts a maximum of 6 LORs and I had 7 of them. When I was assigning the LORs to each school, I accidentally omitted the physician's letter to UCD. I later on contacted the office of admissions asking if they could accept the extra letter but they refused to do so. But hey, I got in so it shouldn't be a big deal if your other LORs are strong.

Update: One new person was added to the Facebook group yesterday, so I'd assume they got off the waitlist.

Just got an email, the class is full. Unless someone drops out isss over folks. :(

• Sad
Or, based on the email, someone could end up deciding to defer their admission to next year which would open up a spot!