2019-2020 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! First one and extremely excited. One of the top choices!

OOS complete 7/13 for those that are curious!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II. Was not expecting this. So excited!

Complete 7/15. IS

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
II at around 10 AM (Pacific Time). IS, complete 7/16, stats in signature. Great way to start off the day!

Reactions: 4 users
To those who got interview invites already, how many characters were your Autobiographical Sketch?

To those who already got Interviews at UCSD, how many days did it take from your file being complete to your II email?

II! Anyone else do the GHAC? I'm wondering what the difference between the interview process might be, if there is a difference.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Does 3 weeks make a huge difference in picking the interview dates? (I'm worried because I couldn't pick the mid-September dates since I'm not available for any of those, instead it's early October)

Does 3 weeks make a huge difference in picking the interview dates? (I'm worried because I couldn't pick the mid-September dates since I'm not available for any of those, instead it's early October)
Definitely not a huge difference in the grand scheme.

II today! OOS, complete on 7/22

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
II this morning! complete 7/17, IS

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
My 6 week mark is tomorrow so I pretty much hit the mark without hearing back yet.
Their email makes it seem like they’ll get back to you in 6 weeks if your invited for an ii or placed on hold. Otherwise it says they can get back to you whenever if they chose not to invite you. I’m taking it as a soft R once the 6 week mark passes

• Sad
Their email makes it seem like they’ll get back to you in 6 weeks if your invited for an ii or placed on hold. Otherwise it says they can get back to you whenever if they chose not to invite you. I’m taking it as a soft R once the 6 week mark passes

It could be that the 6 week deadline is something they aren't following strictly. Maybe they just haven't gotten to our files yet..let us keep the hope alive lol

I think there are a couple of people in that position rn.

I am as of yesterday. They may mean anything under 7 weeks, rather than exactly 6 whole weeks though.

Edit: from an initial email I think we all received from the UCSD dean of admissions

"After we receive your completed secondary application and fee payment, if typically takes 3 - 8 weeks for us to notify you of your status regarding a possible interview invitation. "

This says 3-8 weeks, as opposed to 2-6. Perhaps it's really more like 3-8 weeks, as that initial email said, considering the dean referred to the subject line as "FAQ".

I am as of yesterday. They may mean anything under 7 weeks, rather than exactly 6 whole weeks though.

Edit: from an initial email I think we all received from the UCSD dean of admissions

"After we receive your completed secondary application and fee payment, if typically takes 3 - 8 weeks for us to notify you of your status regarding a possible interview invitation. "

This says 3-8 weeks, as opposed to 2-6. Perhaps it's really more like 3-8 weeks, as that initial email said, considering the dean referred to the subject line as "FAQ".
I did not get that dean email

folks i hit that six week mark today with complete radio silence from UCSD

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Does UCSD send a "we received notification from AMCAS" about primaries also? I still haven't received a secondary- would it be okay to call or email? Or just wait for the R in March..

Does UCSD send a "we received notification from AMCAS" about primaries also? I still haven't received a secondary- would it be okay to call or email? Or just wait for the R in March..
Make sure to check you spam folders etc.. You can always ask to see if they have sent you secondary. Provide your AMCAS ID number.

does anyone know if UCSD "prioritizes" processing of their alum?

if any UCSD graduates in this thread could provide insight to their processing turnaround, that'd be awesome (i know there are a lot of confounding variables)