2019-2020 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oof got that fat rejection
This late at night lol? UCSF really out here causing insomnia

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II today :) Complete 7/20.

Btw, anybody had any luck asking for more dates?

Approximately what time on 7/20 were you complete, if you don't mind divulging? I too was complete on 7/20 but haven't heard anything

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Approximately what time on 7/20 were you complete, if you don't mind divulging? I too was complete on 7/20 but haven't heard anything
I’m all for complete date questions but complete time is too far lol. You probably don’t have the same reviewer so just sit tight

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I’m all for complete date questions but complete time is too far lol. You probably don’t have the same reviewer so just sit tight

We’re SDNers homie. I was prepared to ask for the dude’s web browser used to submit and internet connection speed. It’s all fun and games until you realize someone who submitted milliseconds after you got an II.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
We’re SDNers homie. I was prepared to ask for the dude’s web browser used to submit and internet connection speed. It’s all fun and games until you realize someone who submitted milliseconds after you got an II.
Does it really matter, though? They evaluate apps based on all sorts of things, not just the timing...

Reactions: 1 users
That's unknowable, since my letters of recommendation were the rate-limiting step and I never got a complete email. They could've uploaded my letters in anytime.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got SMASHED by daddy UCSF’s slap of rejection

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it possible to get a rejection from a school that hasnt sent you a secondary? Asking for a friend!

also got that sweet sweet R. complete 7/22

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6 users
Just got rejected as well, the first one hurts so bad and it was my dream school too. Oh well :,(

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
II!!!! I have no business with these top schools haha wtf Complete 7/31. What do they see in me????

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Congrats on the IIs! Trying to stay positive on UCSF, sitting in silence since 7/18.

Reactions: 4 users
MSTP applicant, primary complete 8/16, still no secondary! the suspense is killing me - the only school I haven't gotten a secondary from yet :/

any august ppl still waiting on a secondary ? :(

I'm gutted for you, BUT I know you'll get into many amazing schools. I'm legitimately shocked (and now very scared).
Thank you! You can’t win them all and I’m surprised by many of the IIs I have. I wouldn’t count yourself out!

Reactions: 6 users
First R boys gluck to those who interviewed / will be interviewing. I’m happy with how my cycles going so far and can only feel so bad about this considering the other success I’ve had :)

So sorry for everyone who got the R today.. was anyone complete 7/26? I'm so scared :(

Has anyone received a secondary application weeks later after their primary application verification? They received my AMCAS application on August 15 and I have still not received their secondary. I have applied to almost 30 schools and this one is the only one I have not received one and it is one of my top choices. Did anyone have a similar experience where they received their secondary much later?

Has anyone received a secondary application weeks later after their primary application verification? They received my AMCAS application on August 15 and I have still not received their secondary. I have applied to almost 30 schools and this one is the only one I have not received one and it is one of my top choices. Did anyone have a similar experience where they received their secondary much later?
They take a while. Mine took almost 2 months.

Yes. I submitted my primary on July 30, and received my secondary on September 6.

They are very selective in whom they send secondaries to. You just have to sit back and wait.

Is no news good news at this point? Complete 7/12, when it seems like the month of july has mainly either been rejected or given an II.
I'll do some digging in last years thread...

Reactions: 3 users