2022-2023 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get a decision who applied for either of the PRIME programs? Confused on our decisions if someone can clarify

Reactions: 1 users
alternate list & devastated about it :/ interviewed 10/18 and this was my first choice :/

I interviewed 10/20 and have no portal update or email yet either... those who received an R, was there an update in your portal as well or not?

Congrats all! I’m an M1 at UCSF able to answer any questions, feel free to reach out while decision making :)

Got the A, what a dream!

Was in my spam folder so check that if you haven't gotten anything!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who has not received a decision yet: I called the admissions office and was told that some applicants, even from early interview dates (e.g. I interviewed 10/20) have not received decisions yet. In my particular case it is because my interview reports have not been both submitted yet, so they have yet to actually bring my application to the committee. TLDR if you haven't received any kind of email or portal, you will instead be receiving a decision in March. Hope this puts some minds at ease :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
For anyone who has not received a decision yet: I called the admissions office and was told that some applicants, even from early interview dates (e.g. I interviewed 10/20) have not received decisions yet. In my particular case it is because my interview reports have not been both submitted yet, so they have yet to actually bring my application to the committee. TLDR if you haven't received any kind of email or portal, you will instead be receiving a decision in March. Hope this puts some minds at ease :)
Thank you for that info! Glad to still be in the mix but I would flip if they made me wait this long to be rejected 😭

Does anyone know if they take off anyone from waitlist at all?
alternate list and i just feel really bad bc my interviews went well i thought. also feeling like just so let down because doesn't UCSF have a good post II rate? or is this after waitlist movement :/
also on the alt list. :(

from MSAR (and just anecdotally from some friends at ucsf), looks like they have decent WL movement? they accept ~50/150 off the WL? hope this still rings true, but it sucks to have to wait until may now...

ahh march is so far but at least there's solace in knowing when to expect something! thanks for reaching out to them :)

What about for those who applied to PRIME 🥺🥺

I’ve decided that, despite my rejection, I will be attending UCSF.

As a patient.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Just got the R as well. Super super bummed since I’ve been working here since undergrad 🥲

• Care
+1 R, complete 10/31. Somehow feel nothing. Must be the #burnout 😭

• Haha
Got the A!! Shaking, crying, and kicking the air rn!!!

I randomly checked my spam and found the email sent yesterday, so check your spam boxes!

Accepted on Thursday, email went to my spam as well!!

Was anyone able to get into the accepted students facebook group because the link wasn't working for me? Also, I'm pretty sure but just to make sure, the "accept offer" button on the portal isn't the final binding decision, right?

Was anyone able to get into the accepted students facebook group because the link wasn't working for me? Also, I'm pretty sure but just to make sure, the "accept offer" button on the portal isn't the final binding decision, right?

1. The Facebook group link worked if I clicked it using my PC, not on mobile so I’d try that.

2. “Accept offer” button is not binding so you should select that. The commit to enroll deadline isn’t until early May.

…. and CONGRATS!

Congrats! When did you interview?

The link isnt working for me either - going to email admissions office even though it seems like such a silly thing to email about lol
Did admissions send a specific link to admitted students? Not sure where to find this

CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDERS! Got the A on Thursday, but my email went to my spam and I had no idea.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just received an email from admissions - they’ve updated the Facebook link on the portal!

Does UCSF accept update letters? If so, do we just send it to the admissions email?

They do not. On the website it says the only times for updates are secondaries and at the interview.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I actually just called to confirm and they said update letters are fine, but what they don't accept are letters of intent. I just wanted to put that out here in case others were wondering as well.

They do not. On the website it says the only times for updates are secondaries and at the interview.
I read this on their website as well but I don't know how true it is in practice. A few of us emailed updates a few weeks ago and they added it to our files.

Hi everyone! Decided to make an account after getting accepted. I'm super excited and grateful at the opportunity to attend UCSF, but at the same time I'm also pretty intimidated by the cost. I've been looking at tuition and housing prices, and it's kind of left me deflated :confused:. Does anyone know how generous UCSF is with aid? Are there any past or current students who could give some insight?

• Okay...
Reactions: 3 users
I was wondering the same about JMP! Not sure when they get back to applicants
So I got the A call from JMP + email during the first wave of trad MD program decisions at the end of last week. not sure how many JMP (or PRIME) decisions went out, but maybe they’ll be getting back to folks with the next wave in March…

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone! Decided to make an account after getting accepted. I'm super excited and grateful at the opportunity to attend UCSF, but at the same time I'm also pretty intimidated by the cost. I've been looking at tuition and housing prices, and it's kind of left me deflated :confused:. Does anyone know how generous UCSF is with aid? Are there any past or current students who could give some insight?
I’m not sure if you are in-state our out of, but if you are in state, the total COA (which is tuition, housing, food etc), is very low compared to any school that is remotely of their stature. Even for out of state the out of state fee is pretty low. On top of that, their need based aid is decently generous, i know a student who got pretty much half off from COA due to low family income. Lasly, CA has good social safety net programs. It is very easy to get on SNAP which can help with your food budget, and there are subsidized housing locations, which although are not the nicest to live in, do allow you to save a good amount. But beyond all that, almost everyone who doesn’t have incredibly rich parents is going to have to go into debt for medical school, it is just a fact. The good thing is, even as the lowest paid specialty you can pay off your debt after 2-3 years as an attending. Don’t worry about finances and be happy for this absolutely fantastic opportunity.