2019-2020 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
lol still no II. Complete 7/10. IS. Very annoyed at USC right now.
Sorry to hear, but nobody is entitled to an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Sorry to hear, but nobody is entitled to an interview.
I know I am not entitled, just wanted to be close to family and go to med school in California. I thought my stats would get me an interview but I guess not. Good luck to everybody else though.

Reactions: 1 users
I know I am not entitled, just wanted to be close to family and go to med school in California. I thought my stats would get me an interview but I guess not. Good luck to everybody else though.
It’s also not too late to get an II. Plus there are other schools in California. Good luck to you, too.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Submitted on Monday 8/5. I didn't get an e-mail or phone call so I'm not even sure if the invite came today or earlier lol I just happened to check. IS URM c3.4/511 (from a top 3 university) there's hope!

*edit* earliest date available was October 29. The only other dates shown were October 30 and November 1 for me! 8 am and 9am slots. 2 interviews for the day!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
For those who got IIs, do your letters of rec show up as received on the portal under "document status" for a date after you submitted your secondary or before?

For those who got IIs, do your letters of rec show up as received on the portal under "document status" for a date after you submitted your secondary or before?
All my letters show up as received 8/02, but I submitted my secondary and got my II on 7/22.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone OOS got an II? From what I can see, they've been prioritizing IS (which makes sense, just curious).

Has anyone OOS got an II? From what I can see, they've been prioritizing IS (which makes sense, just curious).

also OOS and received and II in July. complete sometime in early July

Guess based off last year, most of the people submitted July and haven’t heard yet prob gonna get the R :/

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Guess based off last year, most of the people submitted July and haven’t heard yet prob gonna get the R :/
I’m sorry but that is just not true haha. You are looking at such a minuscule sample from this site, so take it with a grain of salt. Just know SDN can be super helpful, but too much of it just fuels more unnecessary stress. It almost forces you to find negative things in your app and see what reason schools have to reject you, which is not healthy. We’re so early in the process, and we all have plenty of time to get interviews!

Reactions: 11 users
I’m sorry but that is just not true haha. You are looking at such a minuscule sample from this site, so take it with a grain of salt. Just know SDN can be super helpful, but too much of it just fuels more unnecessary stress. It almost forces you to find negative things in your app and see what reason schools have to reject you, which is not healthy. We’re so early in the process, and we all have plenty of time to get interviews!

Thank you for this! You put it perfectly. It's so easy for us to log back into the secondary or primary app and start picking it apart and causing unnecessary stress. This process is stressful enough

so they got back to you within 3 days?!
More like one day, since I highly doubt there's anyone in the office over the weekend.

Keck is looking for something specific or prioritizing the superstar applicants first. Still radio silence after submitting the day I submitted the secondary :(

More like one day, since I highly doubt there's anyone in the office over the weekend.

Keck is looking for something specific or prioritizing the superstar applicants first. Still radio silence after submitting the day I submitted the secondary :(

had some questions, PM'd you!

My letters show as being received the same date/time i submitted the secondary. i've had my letters finished since i submitted primaries

LOL, I am URM with a LM of 71, IS, bilingual and got no love. This process is awfully stressful

Does Keck pre-screen before giving their secondaries out? (Kinda like UC schools?)

my first II! :) II received 8/12, complete 8/9

Reactions: 10 users
my first II! :) II received 8/12, complete 8/9
Wow congrats! Seems like Keck has some crazy fast turnaround times, must have a certain way to select out applicants for rapid review.

Reactions: 5 users

Fearmongering for its own sake. One of my friends submitted USC on day one last year and didn’t get an II until September/October

R here too, submitted early July... first one, and this is extra tough because it was my only ii last year :/

• Sad
  • Wow
R here too, submitted early July... first one, and this is extra tough because it was my only ii last year :/
What time did you get the e-mail? Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear!

Thanks! About an hour ago

I was a USC re-app, this is kinda disappointing because I'm like right on the money for their stats and I would have really liked to go here.

I was a USC re-app, this is kinda disappointing because I'm like right on the money for their stats and I would have really liked to go here.
Im sorry it didnt work out for you. But Im sure you will get accepted somewhere more amazing than USC. Come back during residency and show them who’s boss ;)

R from Keck just now.

• Sad
  • Wow
im scared and constantly checking my e-mails now
Good luck to you! USC was a long shot for me but I appreciate that they inform people early, rather than later/ghost them.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Lol what does it mean? If you got rejected oxenfoxen, I would be pretty scared about my chances lol

I am still in limbo - - apparently, in one Call of Duty game there is a cut-scene where you attend a funeral and are prompted to press "F" to pay respects to the fallen soldier.

• Haha