2019-2020 UT Southwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know how to access the FB group? I have some questions now :giggle:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does utsw generally accept people off the waitlist throughout may or is this the only wave of acceptances they will likely have?
Anyone holding an admission in a Texas school on May 15th is not going to be on any waitlists in Texas for other schools. It could be possible to get off a waitlist if they don't hold an admission in Texas after 15th.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted off the waitlist just now!!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 9 users
Got in off waitlist today, choosing between here and Baylor now :)
how are you planning to decide, i.e., what are the factors driving you to choose one over the other?

Also got off the waitlist on Monday! Incredibly grateful/excited. Could anyone direct me to the Facebook group?

Reactions: 1 users
Are any of you recently accepted folks OOS applicants?
Another good question to consider is if all OOS interviewees who didn't get an A initially were relegated to the alternate list. Did not one OOS'er get a post-II R? This should be a relatively simple question to answer, but I can't seem to get a handle on it, even by looking through this thread. If we are all on the WL, then that is a rather bulky list, and frankly my prognosis about being accepted goes down significantly.

Another good question to consider is if all OOS interviewees who didn't get an A initially were relegated to the alternate list. Did not one OOS'er get a post-II R? This should be a relatively simple question to answer, but I can't seem to get a handle on it, even by looking through this thread. If we are all on the WL, then that is a rather bulky list, and frankly my prognosis about being accepted goes down significantly.
They don't really send out post-II rejections in my experience. Keep on waitin'

Hi! Do you send a LOI to the admissions office email or is there another email address specifically for LOIs? Just want to make sure I am sending it to the right place lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also just off the waitlist a short while ago! Incredibly grateful and just stoked. Congratulations to everyone else as well!

Reactions: 4 users
Question for those just accepted (congrats!!!): were you in state or OOS? Thanks!

Also accepted off the waitlist today!!! In-state

Reactions: 2 users
ooh yikes. maybe its different based on when you get off?
well, they are trying to get some decisions before the May 15 deadline.
Come on y'all, you could be thinking this over in advance. "If I get an offer from XXX school on my WL, what will I do????"
Don't wait until you get an offer and say, "OMG OMG OMG"....
signed, Pragmatic, Non-dramatic, Wysdoc

Reactions: 3 users
The waitlist email said to not send LOIs. If we do send one, would it reflect negatively like "this applicant can't follow instructions". I want to do everything I can from my end but not if it will end up hurting me more than helping.

The waitlist email said to not send LOIs. If we do send one, would it reflect negatively like "this applicant can't follow instructions". I want to do everything I can from my end but not if it will end up hurting me more than helping.
follow their instructions :)

The e-mail basically gave a non-answer, saying LOIs are not "necessary." However, from prior correspondence with the Admissions Office, it does, in fact, appear that they accept LOIs (whether or not individual members of the AdCom will be irked by it is another question entirely).

Yeah, if it's helpful, I sent one back in February, and I got off the waitlist. I had sent mine in before I got the email from them saying that it wasn't necessary, but they don't seem to have any issues with actually accepting an LOI. I can't imagine it would hurt you, and they might be glad to know right now that if they extend an offer to you then you will unconditionally accept. But who knows! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
@wysdoc Is May 15th rule a relatively new rule? I don't see it referenced much in prior year's forums, unless I go back to 2015. Thanks!!

@wysdoc Is May 15th rule a relatively new rule? I don't see it referenced much in prior year's forums, unless I go back to 2015. Thanks!!
It used to be June 1, but last year it was changed to May 15th. Schools would like to get their classes set so they can start on-boarding and planning. Even when that date was June 1 there was very little WL movement beyond the end of May.

So if we don't hear today and we did have an acceptance elsewhere in Texas, it's safe to say that we have been rejected, correct?

So if we don't hear today and we did have an acceptance elsewhere in Texas, it's safe to say that we have been rejected, correct?
Yes, or more technically left on the WL without an offer, and tomorrow with no more possibility of an offer.

For my fellow OOS'ers who are also still on the WL, I have been told that the Admissions Office anticipates very little movement, if any, leading into the coming months. So it seems that the vast majority of the WL movement for OOS applicants has already occurred, sorry to say :shrug:

Last edited:
Does the university housing have any furniture in the apartments?

I am an IS applicant still on the alternate list - does utsw expect any movement at all for IS applicants? If not, when will they officially send an R/close their WL?