-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Wake Forest
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I sent a general thank you and was accepted last week! I'm sure it doesn't hurt in anyway.Did anyone send general thank you note to admissions?
malmed1025
Full Member
I sent a general thank you and was accepted last week! I'm sure it doesn't hurt in anyway.
Thanks! Did you just email it to the main admissions email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, that's what admissions told us to do on our interview day.Thanks! Did you just email it to the main admissions email?
Interviewed on 12/9 and wait-listed on 12/11. Good luck everyone!
checkingmyemailevery5secs
Full Member
I want to make sure I understand what they said correctly- even if we get accepted, it’ll be through an email that tells us to go to the portal, not a call? Will be flying all day tomorrow and anxiously awaiting to hear, so email is actually an ideal scenario!
Yep! It'll be an email saying a final decision has been posted and to go check the portal.I want to make sure I understand what they said correctly- even if we get accepted, it’ll be through an email that tells us to go to the portal, not a call? Will be flying all day tomorrow and anxiously awaiting to hear, so email is actually an ideal scenario!
Any January IIs yet?
love how we dodged that massive wave and are just left hanging now.... i really want an interview here LOL
I feel this in my bones. I feel like I'm just bracing for another massacre.
malmed1025
Full Member
Accepted! Excited to meet you guys!
Invited in October, Interviewed 12/11 just got waitlisted, feeling pretty defeated knowing this has been my only invite thus far and it's going to be four months before hearing anything else from them. The school seemed amazing and everyone is really nice, Good luck to everyone!
Same, the marathon continues!Invited in October, Interviewed 12/11 just got waitlisted, feeling pretty defeated knowing this has been my only invite thus far and it's going to be four months before hearing anything else from them. The school seemed amazing and everyone is really nice, Good luck to everyone!
Sorry to hear you are in the same situation, I wish you the best of luck! and thank you for your optimism!Same, the marathon continues!
II today! Complete 8/30. So excited about this, was really hoping I'd get a chance to interview in NC

383517
Full Member
We have the same stats, Im hoping they will send me one next!! My wife really wants to live here.II today! Complete 8/30. So excited about this, was really hoping I'd get a chance to interview in NC![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We have the same stats, Im hoping they will send me one next!! My wife really wants to live here.
Wishing you the best of luck!
pushforward
Full Member
congrats! Did you send an update or letter of interest?II today! Complete 8/30. So excited about this, was really hoping I'd get a chance to interview in NC![]()
congrats! Did you send an update or letter of interest?
I uploaded an update into the portal (I had a publication accepted) on December 3rd.
D
deleted976794
+1! Interviewed 12/18Accepted! Excited to meet you guys!
2chainzzzzz
New Member
any current med students on here who got accepted off WL after uploading a letter of interest soon after they interviewed? i feel like i might not have any significant updates before they start to revisit my application again come may...
any current med students on here who got accepted off WL after uploading a letter of interest soon after they interviewed? i feel like i might not have any significant updates before they start to revisit my application again come may...
If I remember correctly, everyone had to upload a letter of interest within like two weeks after receiving their decision in order to remain on the waitlist. Nothing was said about uploading one after interviewing, and I’m not sure that was recommended unless you had something significant to say.
That being said, I will only speak for myself and say that I uploaded a letter of interest one week after receiving my decision and then again about 1.5 months later when I had more substantive things to write about. And I ended up getting in. Hope that helps!
moonmoonface
Full Member
Did you just get the II?Interviewing here on January 6th! So excited!
2chainzzzzz
New Member
If I remember correctly, everyone had to upload a letter of interest within like two weeks after receiving their decision in order to remain on the waitlist. Nothing was said about uploading one after interviewing, and I’m not sure that was recommended unless you had something significant to say.
That being said, I will only speak for myself and say that I uploaded a letter of interest one week after receiving my decision and then again about 1.5 months later when I had more substantive things to write about. And I ended up getting in. Hope that helps!
Sorry, I meant to say uploading a letter of interest immediately after a WL decision! But thank you so much! I will keep that in mind moving forward.
No, a few weeks ago!Did you just get the II?
If I remember correctly, everyone had to upload a letter of interest within like two weeks after receiving their decision in order to remain on the waitlist. Nothing was said about uploading one after interviewing, and I’m not sure that was recommended unless you had something significant to say.
That being said, I will only speak for myself and say that I uploaded a letter of interest one week after receiving my decision and then again about 1.5 months later when I had more substantive things to write about. And I ended up getting in. Hope that helps!
Wait, we had to upload one within two weeks? I thought we just had to upload it before they got to us. Basically, as long as we got it in before April it would be fine.
I went through this process last cycle and am a current student. Things may have changed this cycle.Wait, we had to upload one within two weeks? I thought we just had to upload it before they got to us. Basically, as long as we got it in before April it would be fine.
Just got an II!
Complete around 8/13-8/14
LM 68
OOS no ties
Complete around 8/13-8/14
LM 68
OOS no ties
did u submit any updates pre-II?Just got an II!
Complete around 8/13-8/14
LM 68
OOS no ties
did u submit any updates pre-II?
I did not submit any updates pre-II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if Wake still has II to send out? Still hoping out here.
I know several current students who didn’t get II until the springAnyone know if Wake still has II to send out? Still hoping out here.
If its anything like past years, they'll keep interviewing through March. I got my II in Jan and interviewed in Feb.Anyone know if Wake still has II to send out? Still hoping out here.
.
Last edited:
checkingmyemailevery5secs
Full Member
They told us at our interview that they’d probably be interviewing/sending out invites through at least February!Anyone know if Wake still has II to send out? Still hoping out here.
Thank you for sharing that! That gives me some hope still lolThey told us at our interview that they’d probably be interviewing/sending out invites through at least February!
I was recently invited to interview here and am so excited! I will be flying in and out of the Greensboro airport. If the interview day concludes at 1:15 pm, would I be able to catch a 3:00 pm flight out of Greensboro... or is that a bit ambitious?
You should be fine! It takes 30-40min to get to the airport from winston and the security line is never long. I’ve never waited for more than like 5 minutes.I was recently invited to interview here and am so excited! I will be flying in and out of the Greensboro airport. If the interview day concludes at 1:15 pm, would I be able to catch a 3:00 pm flight out of Greensboro... or is that a bit ambitious?
II here this week for my boo who refuses to participate in the madness that is SDN. On his behalf: OOS, complete in mid-July, probably ~70 Lizzy M, real cute.
Sounds like a gem. Is he single?II here this week for my boo who refuses to participate in the madness that is SDN. On his behalf: OOS, complete in mid-July, probably ~70 Lizzy M, real cute.
II this morning for 2/5. What is the chance of getting an A since the are near the end? Don’t want to spend more money to be waitlist or reject.
MilkshakeDuck
Full Member
Wake loves a waitlist. They don’t really flat out reject post II. So if that’s not what you’re willing to accept maybe don’t do it. On the other hand they offered 107 spots off waitlist according to MSAR off a list probably of 250-285 peopleII this morning for 2/5. What is the chance of getting an A since the are near the end? Don’t want to spend more money to be waitlist or reject.
kittykat55
Full Member
Has anyone had any luck with getting feedback on their application here?
R today, OOS complete early September
Also got an R this morning. Complete early July. Wake undergrad.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ImpastaSyndrome
MD Applicant 2020 Cycle
+1R today, OOS complete early September
pre-ii R, complete early july
catching the R wave this morning (complete early July)