2019-2020 Wayne State

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.


I have a feeling that page was made by an excited applicant when acceptances first rolled out. The official fb page will be made by a student senate member who you can clearly tell is a current student (you might also see someone from admissions as co-admin, as they help verify accepted students).

I also think some accepted applicants have been trying to join that page for awhile with no luck, so I’d just wait around until the real group gets announced. It should be pretty soon! (If I remember correctly, a current student on admissions mentioned awhile back on this thread that it’s happening soon)
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much!!! Is the NBME like the "final" for the unit? How do you feel about the professor-written exams? Do both professor-written and NBME exams factor into the grade equally? Sorry for all the questions; I appreciate it!
Yes, the NBME is like the final for the unit: for example, at the end of your GI/Renal unit, you will have a "final" exam of past NBME GI/Renal questions.
The professor written exams, IMO, are much easier than the NBME questions. The histology final for each unit always has the highest average by far.
Each exam is weighted a bit differently, but the NBME will be at least 50% of your grade. The GA practical is usually about 20-30% of your grade, and histo about 10-20%
 
Current M1. Congrats to everyone receiving acceptances and to those on the wait list, don't lose hope!

The Class of 2024 will be the 3rd class to move through the curriculum, so they have worked out the kinks with the new curriculum.
It is pass/fail.
12 weeks for dedicated, although most students do not take this long.
If I remember correctly, it is F/P/honors, right?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete on 9/3, II just received! There were only 2 dates left available when I first opened it and when I refreshed the page there was only 1 left for early February.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

Do applications complete from November to December get consideration? Has anyone from this group got an II yet?

Lastly, are there any M1 students who got accepted with a late application?
 
I took a September MCAT and after receiving my score, I met some Adcom members. They told me to still apply. I was desperate to avoid waiting another year.

My concern is how do they really "look" at almost 10,000 applicants, and whether late (Nov-Dec) competitive applications are just a donation to Wayne.
 
I took a September MCAT and after receiving my score, I met some Adcom members. They told me to still apply. I was desperate to avoid waiting another year.

My concern is how do they really "look" at almost 10,000 applicants, and whether late (Nov-Dec) competitive applications are just a donation to Wayne.

Hey same situation as you, adcom told me the same thing that a late application is not a problem:/. Now they telling me that I should have applied early lol.
 
How many acceptances do they usually extend? I feel like there has been mixed data from like 500 - 800 acceptances. I know they have just under 300 in their class size, but 800 seems like so many...
 
ah congrats to whoever is going to be attending this coming year, I am so excited! the program really seems in integrated with the community, and detroit seems like a really cool and vibrant city to live in. I was very surprised at how much I liked the city :biglove:
You're going to love it! I've lived in the city for 5 years and it's gotten better every year! I'm excited to be able to learn and train where I live after working in the burbs
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well if I don't get an interview this cycle(Most likely), what do you guys think I should do? Apply EDP or apply the first day? I was pretty late to submit due to an unforeseen illness during the summer, I had lost my vision and took the mcat on the last day. Wayne is my first choice.
 
Well if I don't get an interview this cycle(Most likely), what do you guys think I should do? Apply EDP or apply the first day? I was pretty late to submit due to an unforeseen illness during the summer, I had lost my vision and took the mcat on the last day. Wayne is my first choice.

Wayne is my first choice too! I'm just going to apply the first day. Don't know what else to do.

Did they give interviews to Nov-December applicants last year? Anyone know, current students?
 
I think I’ve seen a few people in prior threads get an interview with late submissions but I believe it could put you at a disadvantage submitting that late. It’s still entirely possible though.