2019-2020 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
haven’t heard a thing

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like the admissions tracker has been updated with only two additional acceptances since the last update.
WSUAdmissionsTracker-02.21.2020.PNG

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They’re most likely going to wait until at least mid March to fully digest the results from the plan to enroll data. But like they said the vast majority will be accepted in may unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’re most likely going to wait until at least mid March to fully digest the results from the plan to enroll data. But like they said the vast majority will be accepted in may unfortunately.

They said majority in May? Im curious as to the source of that info. Email? In person? online?

Reactions: 2 users
They said majority in May? Im curious as to the source of that info. Email? In person? online?

They told me that most waitlists movement happens after April 30 on my interview day.

Reactions: 1 user
they told me like a month ago that there is but its only for some students and those students will find out in the mail
What? lmfao there was nothing about that in my letter so I guess they didn't invite me.

M1 here: as far as I know, all people who have been accepted prior to 2nd look day (which us usually mid april) are invited to attend. WSUSOM does not "select" which accepted students to attend, all accepted students are welcome :)

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone get an additional skype interview? What are they for?

I have never heard of anyone getting an additional interview, this must be new for this cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed January 24th. I wasn't waitlisted this is the first I've heard from them.

Damn that sucks, usually a rejection at any stage at wayne during the cycle is usually because someone found you not compatible/competitive enough. They are pretty rare but did something happen during the interview?

The interviews went fine, as far as I know. I guess it just wasn't meant to be :rolleyes:. Wish the rest of you luck tho!

The interviews went fine, as far as I know. I guess it just wasn't meant to be :rolleyes:. Wish the rest of you luck tho!

They probably just thought that you were too damn good for medical school and were afraid that your overperformance would demoralize the rest of the class. Your energy is too powerful; even Harvard fears you

• Haha
Disclaimer: First SDN Post, not sure what I'm doing. I was accepted to Wayne State and had a couple of questions as far as housing/second look day etc. Is this the right place to be posting? Thanks for you help, and best of luck to everyone!

Disclaimer: First SDN Post, not sure what I'm doing. I was accepted to Wayne State and had a couple of questions as far as housing/second look day etc. Is this the right place to be posting? Thanks for you help, and best of luck to everyone!
I havent personally been accepted yet so I can't answer those questions, but this is indeed the right place to be posting those questions

So I did my interview a couple weeks ago and nothing on my portal has changed. Is that normal? Also, how long does Wayne generally take to get back to you?

Congrats on your acceptance! When did you get in?

Thanks you too :) Didn't want to sound negative btw! Good luck with the rest !

Has anyone from 12/20 called the admissions office to ask why they still haven't heard? The fact that theres been silence for that long scares me.

Has anyone from 12/20 called the admissions office to ask why they still haven't heard? The fact that theres been silence for that long scares me.

They basically said to keep waiting and checking our portals. No news is good news and we’re still under consideration until we receive a rejection. Admissions meets regularly until classes start to make decisions.

They basically said to keep waiting and checking our portals. No news is good news and we’re still under consideration until we receive a rejection. Admissions meets regularly until classes start to make decisions.
Sounds good, thank you!

is the portal supposed to change after your interview?

is the portal supposed to change after your interview?

I’m not sure. that’s what it seemed like from my conversation because I was asked what my status was now but mine hasn’t changed.

But it could also just be that the decision might show up on the portal before we get the email.

Last edited:
Hello fellow waitlisters, when are we thinking the next wave of acceptances will be?

With April 30 being deadline for people to choose only 1 med school from their multiple acceptances, I'd imagine 90% of the movement is going to be in May.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
With April 30 being deadline for people to choose only 1 med school from their multiple acceptances, I'd imagine 90% of the movement is going to be in May.
from what I’ve seen on previous sdn threads as well, a lot of the movement happened late May/early June/late June I’m assuming as they sort through everything that get shuffled around on April 30th, but that’s also just speculation& based off sdn which is a small portion of applicants

• Sad
If we haven't heard back from 1/06 yet, do we think we are all going to get waitlisted/rejected or are they still reviewing?

If we haven't heard back from 1/06 yet, do we think we are all going to get waitlisted/rejected or are they still reviewing?
I'm guessing they are still reviewing. It sounds like most people haven't heard back but idk

Many people interviewed in December haven't heard back yet.

I know someone has already called a few weeks ago, but do you guys think calling for an update is a good idea?

I know someone has already called a few weeks ago, but do you guys think calling for an update is a good idea?
it's honestly really confusing because i know sdn is a small sample size but it seems like hardly anyone has heard back in weeks

it's honestly really confusing because i know sdn is a small sample size but it seems like hardly anyone has heard back in weeks

Remember also that the admissions office was closed for ~2 weeks over the holidays, so that will add to the delay a little.

They said on 2/14 we should hear back second week of March (next week) so maybe they'll dump a bunch of decisions then

Interviewed 12/9 and waitlisted sometime in January. Just submitted a LOI. Previously was debating which school to submit an LOI to - and if this school really was my #1. Woke up at 4am Arizona Time and felt it in my heart that it was. Writing the letter came so naturally because of how much I sincerely love this school and how at home I felt during interview day. Wish me luck, y'all!

And good luck to us ALL!

Reactions: 12 users
Just FYI, for those who were asking earlier, I received a Second Look Day invitation in the mail today. April 6th beginning at 8 AM.

Just FYI, for those who were asking earlier, I received a Second Look Day invitation in the mail today. April 6th beginning at 8 AM.

Yo wayne state pull me off the waitlist so I can go to second look? thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users