Status
Pre-Medical

Gram1027

2+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
+2 Interviewed 1/6, IS
maybe you guys are waiting to get reviewed now while the rest of us were put on the waitlist in order to buy some more time for the adcoms to review the later interview groups. Based on what a current student said earlier, it sounds like they were planning on doing this.

fdizzle12

2+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
maybe you guys are waiting to get reviewed now while the rest of us were put on the waitlist in order to buy some more time for the adcoms to review the later interview groups. Based on what a current student said earlier, it sounds like they were planning on doing this.
I am really hoping this is the case. I don’t want to go through this app cycle hell again :’(

Nov 29, 2018
Hey guys, did you all hear the news that usmle is now gonna be pass/fail? And our class of 2024 will be the first crop of students to go through the process. How’s this gonna affect us for the residency match and possibly the curriculum? Any current med students feel free to chime in as well.

Link to the announcement:

Bethesda&Rockstar

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys, did you all hear the news that usmle is now gonna be pass/fail? And our class of 2024 will be the first crop of students to go through the process. How’s this gonna affect us for the residency match and possibly the curriculum? Any current med students feel free to chime in as well.

Hey there, to be completely honest, nobody knows exactly how it is gonna change residency application metrics. Many people state Step 2 CK will now matter more, others say research/ECs will be higher, the importance of school rank, LORs. All of these components will change, it is just not extremely clear how and only residency programs will really know for sure. USMLE stated they will release more information by the end of the year so we will have to wait an see what other info they disclose about how the transition will go.

Aug 1, 2019

I want to pm you, can you message me.

Reactions: BlueGangsta
Oct 19, 2018
Status
Medical Student

Current students at Wayne (and everywhere else tbh) have no clue what's going to happen yet. We're all pretty much in the dark until USMLE discloses more information!

About the Ads
May 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I was WL'd in December and just got the rejection email... Was this an error?
So I just called the admissions office to see if it was an error and they said it wasn't, that the latest communication email I got ("the adcom not being able to further review my application" ) reflected the current status of my application: rejection. They then said it was "strange" that my portal still indicated "Waitlisted" under my admissions decision. I'll keep checking now and then to see if the portal updates to "Rejected".

Is getting rejected off of a waitlist mid-cycle a common thing?

Aug 9, 2018
So I just called the admissions office to see if it was an error and they said it wasn't, that the latest communication email I got ("the adcom not being able to further review my application" ) reflected the current status of my application: rejection. They then said it was "strange" that my portal still indicated "Waitlisted" under my admissions decision. I'll keep checking now and then to see if the portal updates to "Rejected".

Sorry to hear about that, dude. It probably happens, but I personally haven't seen people talk about getting waitlist rejected on previous year SDN threads. Maybe people just dont post about it. I think, the norm is people on the waitlist getting rejected in like June or July.

HAVOK121121

7+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Sorry to hear about that, dude. It probably happens, but I personally haven't seen people talk about getting waitlist rejected on previous year SDN threads. Maybe people just dont post about it. I think, the norm is people on the waitlist getting rejected in like June or July.
I haven’t seen any post-II rejections before WL in past SDN threads, but we have in this cycle. I don’t know if something has changed this cycle with the increased number of interviews or, like you said, that it has happened in the past and we haven’t heard about it. Someone who is involved with the admissions committee could give us a better idea if anything has changed.

Oct 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone know when the admissions committee meets? Is it every other week on Thursday?
They only meet on the zenith of the blood moon under the transit of Venus. But in all seriousness, no idea. Could be this week, maybe next. I don't even know if they have consistently scheduled meetings.

Ya know, at least during that month of waiting for MCAT scores to come back, there was a set date for that suffering to end. This wait has me feeling like a Japanese death row inmate. They don't give them a date for their execution. Could be in ten years, could be tomorrow.

HAVOK121121

7+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
have we seen post interview rejections? I thought all that we’ve seen so far were pre interview rejections?
Yes, someone received a post-II rejection back in December without being waitlisted first. There was also just someone who received a rejection after being waitlisted first. It seems rather rare for them but we don’t have a lot of information on that.

Aug 1, 2019

Damn that sucks, usually a rejection at any stage at wayne during the cycle is usually because someone found you not compatible/competitive enough. They are pretty rare but did something happen during the interview?

fdizzle12

2+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
They are probably actually reviewing your apps. I have a feeling everyone that interviewed late Jan and into Feb were automatically waitlisted because the adcom was behind on reviewing apps

About the Ads
Oct 10, 2018
Just a timely reminder that no one here truly knows what’s “expected” vs “rare”. The admissions process at any school is very subjective and depends on the unique combinations of each individual applicant and reviewer; also, the SDN community is only one slice of the application world as a whole, so even if someone were to do a thorough analysis of every reported outcome on SDN, this could by no means be considered representative of all applicants.

Jul 4, 2018
I wonder if the "Choose Your Medical School" tool going live tomorrow will narrow down the waitlist/expedite any decisions for Wayne...
Maybe that’s why they only waitlisted people last week.... they might want to get an idea of how many acceptances they can send out?? I don’t know maybe I should just relax

Reactions: iku-turso
Jan 21, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Maybe that’s why they only waitlisted people last week.... they might want to get an idea of how many acceptances they can send out?? I don’t know maybe I should just relax
This actually makes a lot of sense...hopefully some more A's on Thursday!

Reactions: drmeter
About the Ads
Sep 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Yes, it showed up for me this morning on my AMCAS home page and I was able to successfully submit my “Plan to Enroll” selection around 10AM EST.
Are you only able to "Plan to Enroll" to one school? Also, is this mandatory for students? I.e. can someone with multiple acceptances hold off on accepting their offer to one school until the end of the cycle?

HAVOK121121

7+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Are you only able to "Plan to Enroll" to one school? Also, is this mandatory for students? I.e. can someone with multiple acceptances hold off on accepting their offer to one school until the end of the cycle?
I’m not sure about whether you are required to select a “Plan to Enroll”, but it doesn’t bind you to that particular school. “Commit to Enroll” is the one that binds you to matriculate and requires you to withdraw from other schools.

Here is the AMCAS explanation for “Plan to Enroll”:
Beginning April 30th, medical schools can see which of their accepted applicants have selected "Plan to Enroll" at their institution. I understand that I can continue to interview, hold my current acceptance offers and receive additional acceptance offers, and remain on any waitlist at any other medical schools to which I applied.

Oct 10, 2018
You can only select “Plan to Enroll” for one school at any given time; however, this is not a commitment at all. It’s merely intended to be a helpful guide for admissions committees as they go through their waitlists. You can change your selection any time until April 30th I believe.

May 30, 2019
Either nobody here heard or people might've gotten Rs and not wanted to comment, I think. I felt really bad after a few of mine and didn't comment on other threads but maybe that's just me

Reactions: netflix007 and J722

HAVOK121121

7+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Either nobody here heard or people might've gotten Rs and not wanted to comment, I think. I felt really bad after a few of mine and didn't comment on other threads but maybe that's just me
Yeah, I got a post-II rejection at another school and couldn’t bring myself to post it, so I would get that.

Jan 10, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
They’re most likely going to wait until at least mid March to fully digest the results from the plan to enroll data. But like they said the vast majority will be accepted in may unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 10, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
They said majority in May? Im curious as to the source of that info. Email? In person? online?
They told me that most waitlists movement happens after April 30 on my interview day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MedSciHopeful77
Mar 15, 2019
Status
Medical Student
M1 here: as far as I know, all people who have been accepted prior to 2nd look day (which us usually mid april) are invited to attend. WSUSOM does not "select" which accepted students to attend, all accepted students are welcome :)

About the Ads