-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Wayne State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did you just get an email? Or is this from earlier?WL. Interviewed 1/24.
medstudent245
Full Member
Anyone who interviewed on 12/20 still not hear back yet either?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! R's hit differently when you're already admitted! 🙂Got that nice R this morning. Complete late August. Good luck everyone! Excited to be going to med school this fall!
Worried All the time
Full Member
Hi folks, we should be getting our rejections real soon.
I still wonder why they continue to have the 12/31 deadline. Wish some stats could shed light on how many late apps actually get IIs.
Worried All the time
Full Member
I was expecting the rejection with a late app but there was always a glimmer of hope. It hits hard.
D
deleted1011020
I still wonder why they continue to have the 12/31 deadline. Wish some stats could shed light on how many late apps actually get IIs.
To generate revenue/have a large applicant pool to choose from.
I still wonder why they continue to have the 12/31 deadline. Wish some stats could shed light on how many late apps actually get IIs.
I was told that they are rolling admission and that after early September, it becomes significantly harder.
Worried All the time
Full Member
To all those that get the A, congrats! To the rest of us, look forward, not backwards!
Did anyone get the A today though? lolTo all those that get the A, congrats! To the rest of us, look forward, not backwards!
+1Nothing so far! Seeing WLs from all the dates later than us tho is simultaneously giving me hope and making me terrified.
+2 Interviewed 1/6, IS
did our apps get lost or something? interviewed on 12/20 and still nothing as well...Anyone who interviewed on 12/20 still not hear back yet either?
Is the waitlist ranked or is it a lottery type of thing?
perfectprism
Full Member
did our apps get lost or something? interviewed on 12/20 and still nothing as well...
same
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They claim it’s unranked.Is the waitlist ranked or is it a lottery type of thing?
maybe you guys are waiting to get reviewed now while the rest of us were put on the waitlist in order to buy some more time for the adcoms to review the later interview groups. Based on what a current student said earlier, it sounds like they were planning on doing this.+2 Interviewed 1/6, IS
I am really hoping this is the case. I don’t want to go through this app cycle hell again :’(maybe you guys are waiting to get reviewed now while the rest of us were put on the waitlist in order to buy some more time for the adcoms to review the later interview groups. Based on what a current student said earlier, it sounds like they were planning on doing this.
BlueGangsta
Full Member
Hey guys, did you all hear the news that usmle is now gonna be pass/fail? And our class of 2024 will be the first crop of students to go through the process. How’s this gonna affect us for the residency match and possibly the curriculum? Any current med students feel free to chime in as well.
Link to the announcement:
www.usmle.org
Link to the announcement:
Home | United States Medical Licensing Examination
Hey there, to be completely honest, nobody knows exactly how it is gonna change residency application metrics. Many people state Step 2 CK will now matter more, others say research/ECs will be higher, the importance of school rank, LORs. All of these components will change, it is just not extremely clear how and only residency programs will really know for sure. USMLE stated they will release more information by the end of the year so we will have to wait an see what other info they disclose about how the transition will go.Hey guys, did you all hear the news that usmle is now gonna be pass/fail? And our class of 2024 will be the first crop of students to go through the process. How’s this gonna affect us for the residency match and possibly the curriculum? Any current med students feel free to chime in as well.
Link to the announcement:
Home | United States Medical Licensing Examination
www.usmle.org
Hey guys, did you all hear the news that usmle is now gonna be pass/fail? And our class of 2024 will be the first crop of students to go through the process. How’s this gonna affect us for the residency match and possibly the curriculum? Any current med students feel free to chime in as well.
Link to the announcement:
Home | United States Medical Licensing Examination
www.usmle.org
I want to pm you, can you message me.
Hey guys, did you all hear the news that usmle is now gonna be pass/fail? And our class of 2024 will be the first crop of students to go through the process. How’s this gonna affect us for the residency match and possibly the curriculum? Any current med students feel free to chime in as well.
Link to the announcement:
Home | United States Medical Licensing Examination
www.usmle.org
Current students at Wayne (and everywhere else tbh) have no clue what's going to happen yet. We're all pretty much in the dark until USMLE discloses more information!
I was WL'd in December and just got the rejection email... Was this an error?
So I just called the admissions office to see if it was an error and they said it wasn't, that the latest communication email I got ("the adcom not being able to further review my application" ) reflected the current status of my application: rejection. They then said it was "strange" that my portal still indicated "Waitlisted" under my admissions decision. I'll keep checking now and then to see if the portal updates to "Rejected".
Is getting rejected off of a waitlist mid-cycle a common thing?
So I just called the admissions office to see if it was an error and they said it wasn't, that the latest communication email I got ("the adcom not being able to further review my application" ) reflected the current status of my application: rejection. They then said it was "strange" that my portal still indicated "Waitlisted" under my admissions decision. I'll keep checking now and then to see if the portal updates to "Rejected".
Is getting rejected off of a waitlist mid-cycle a common thing?
Sorry to hear about that, dude. It probably happens, but I personally haven't seen people talk about getting waitlist rejected on previous year SDN threads. Maybe people just dont post about it. I think, the norm is people on the waitlist getting rejected in like June or July.
Sorry to hear about that, dude. It probably happens, but I personally haven't seen people talk about getting waitlist rejected on previous year SDN threads. Maybe people just dont post about it. I think, the norm is people on the waitlist getting rejected in like June or July.
I haven’t seen any post-II rejections before WL in past SDN threads, but we have in this cycle. I don’t know if something has changed this cycle with the increased number of interviews or, like you said, that it has happened in the past and we haven’t heard about it. Someone who is involved with the admissions committee could give us a better idea if anything has changed.
Anyone know when the admissions committee meets? Is it every other week on Thursday?
punchameleon
Full Member
They only meet on the zenith of the blood moon under the transit of Venus. But in all seriousness, no idea. Could be this week, maybe next. I don't even know if they have consistently scheduled meetings.Anyone know when the admissions committee meets? Is it every other week on Thursday?
Ya know, at least during that month of waiting for MCAT scores to come back, there was a set date for that suffering to end. This wait has me feeling like a Japanese death row inmate. They don't give them a date for their execution. Could be in ten years, could be tomorrow.
have we seen post interview rejections? I thought all that we’ve seen so far were pre interview rejections?
Yes, someone received a post-II rejection back in December without being waitlisted first. There was also just someone who received a rejection after being waitlisted first. It seems rather rare for them but we don’t have a lot of information on that.
So I just called the admissions office to see if it was an error and they said it wasn't, that the latest communication email I got ("the adcom not being able to further review my application" ) reflected the current status of my application: rejection. They then said it was "strange" that my portal still indicated "Waitlisted" under my admissions decision. I'll keep checking now and then to see if the portal updates to "Rejected".
Is getting rejected off of a waitlist mid-cycle a common thing?
Damn that sucks, usually a rejection at any stage at wayne during the cycle is usually because someone found you not compatible/competitive enough. They are pretty rare but did something happen during the interview?
D
deleted1029007
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They are probably actually reviewing your apps. I have a feeling everyone that interviewed late Jan and into Feb were automatically waitlisted because the adcom was behind on reviewing appsMe 🙁
Damn that sucks, usually a rejection at any stage at wayne during the cycle is usually because someone found you not compatible/competitive enough. They are pretty rare but did something happen during the interview?
Maybe, but let's try not to kick them while they're down
Got accepted off the waitlist yesterday! My first A, super happy! Interviewed 11/20, WL 12/6.
Just a timely reminder that no one here truly knows what’s “expected” vs “rare”. The admissions process at any school is very subjective and depends on the unique combinations of each individual applicant and reviewer; also, the SDN community is only one slice of the application world as a whole, so even if someone were to do a thorough analysis of every reported outcome on SDN, this could by no means be considered representative of all applicants.
Congrats!! What time did it come in?Got accepted off the waitlist yesterday! My first A, super happy! Interviewed 11/20, WL 12/6.
Congrats!! What time did it come in?
1:16 PM!
soccerkid21
Full Member
anybody that did EDP get off the waitlist yet? and how likely is It for that to even happen?
Maybe that’s why they only waitlisted people last week.... they might want to get an idea of how many acceptances they can send out?? I don’t know maybe I should just relaxI wonder if the "Choose Your Medical School" tool going live tomorrow will narrow down the waitlist/expedite any decisions for Wayne...
This actually makes a lot of sense...hopefully some more A's on Thursday!Maybe that’s why they only waitlisted people last week.... they might want to get an idea of how many acceptances they can send out?? I don’t know maybe I should just relax
dreamformedschool
Full Member
Any accepted students see the Choose Your Medical Tool for Wayne yet?
Any accepted students see the Choose Your Medical Tool for Wayne yet?
Nope, but I also just got accepted 2 days ago... not sure if that plays a role.
Any accepted students see the Choose Your Medical Tool for Wayne yet?
Yes, it showed up for me this morning on my AMCAS home page and I was able to successfully submit my “Plan to Enroll” selection around 10AM EST.
Yes, it showed up for me this morning on my AMCAS home page and I was able to successfully submit my “Plan to Enroll” selection around 10AM EST.
Are you only able to "Plan to Enroll" to one school? Also, is this mandatory for students? I.e. can someone with multiple acceptances hold off on accepting their offer to one school until the end of the cycle?
Are you only able to "Plan to Enroll" to one school? Also, is this mandatory for students? I.e. can someone with multiple acceptances hold off on accepting their offer to one school until the end of the cycle?
I’m not sure about whether you are required to select a “Plan to Enroll”, but it doesn’t bind you to that particular school. “Commit to Enroll” is the one that binds you to matriculate and requires you to withdraw from other schools.
Here is the AMCAS explanation for “Plan to Enroll”:
Beginning April 30th, medical schools can see which of their accepted applicants have selected "Plan to Enroll" at their institution. I understand that I can continue to interview, hold my current acceptance offers and receive additional acceptance offers, and remain on any waitlist at any other medical schools to which I applied.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you only able to "Plan to Enroll" to one school? Also, is this mandatory for students? I.e. can someone with multiple acceptances hold off on accepting their offer to one school until the end of the cycle?
You can only select “Plan to Enroll” for one school at any given time; however, this is not a commitment at all. It’s merely intended to be a helpful guide for admissions committees as they go through their waitlists. You can change your selection any time until April 30th I believe.
popcorn1096
Full Member
Is there a second look weekend for Wayne?
Either nobody here heard or people might've gotten Rs and not wanted to comment, I think. I felt really bad after a few of mine and didn't comment on other threads but maybe that's just me
Either nobody here heard or people might've gotten Rs and not wanted to comment, I think. I felt really bad after a few of mine and didn't comment on other threads but maybe that's just me
Yeah, I got a post-II rejection at another school and couldn’t bring myself to post it, so I would get that.