-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Wayne State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
they told me like a month ago that there is but its only for some students and those students will find out in the mailIs there a second look weekend for Wayne?
Looks like the admissions tracker has been updated with only two additional acceptances since the last update.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They’re most likely going to wait until at least mid March to fully digest the results from the plan to enroll data. But like they said the vast majority will be accepted in may unfortunately.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They said majority in May? Im curious as to the source of that info. Email? In person? online?
They said majority in May? Im curious as to the source of that info. Email? In person? online?
They told me that most waitlists movement happens after April 30 on my interview day.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What? lmfao there was nothing about that in my letter so I guess they didn't invite me.they told me like a month ago that there is but its only for some students and those students will find out in the mail
M1 here: as far as I know, all people who have been accepted prior to 2nd look day (which us usually mid april) are invited to attend. WSUSOM does not "select" which accepted students to attend, all accepted students are welcome 🙂
Johntroy1970
Full Member
+3 Interviewed 1/27, WL 2/13, IS+2 Interviewed 1/6, IS
Anyone get an additional skype interview? What are they for?
Did anyone from last year get this?Anyone get an additional skype interview? What are they for?
I have never heard of anyone getting an additional interview, this must be new for this cycle
I got that email today too.Anyone get an additional skype interview? What are they for?
I got that email today too.
When was ur first interview and where you waitlisted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medstudent245
Full Member
Interviewed on 12/20 and still haven't heard back...
Damn that sucks, usually a rejection at any stage at wayne during the cycle is usually because someone found you not compatible/competitive enough. They are pretty rare but did something happen during the interview?
The interviews went fine, as far as I know. I guess it just wasn't meant to be 🙄. Wish the rest of you luck tho!
The interviews went fine, as far as I know. I guess it just wasn't meant to be 🙄. Wish the rest of you luck tho!
They probably just thought that you were too damn good for medical school and were afraid that your overperformance would demoralize the rest of the class. Your energy is too powerful; even Harvard fears you
docgirl5678
New Member
Disclaimer: First SDN Post, not sure what I'm doing. I was accepted to Wayne State and had a couple of questions as far as housing/second look day etc. Is this the right place to be posting? Thanks for you help, and best of luck to everyone!
I havent personally been accepted yet so I can't answer those questions, but this is indeed the right place to be posting those questionsDisclaimer: First SDN Post, not sure what I'm doing. I was accepted to Wayne State and had a couple of questions as far as housing/second look day etc. Is this the right place to be posting? Thanks for you help, and best of luck to everyone!
medstudentneedshelp
Full Member
So I did my interview a couple weeks ago and nothing on my portal has changed. Is that normal? Also, how long does Wayne generally take to get back to you?
Congrats on your acceptance! When did you get in?Disclaimer: First SDN Post, not sure what I'm doing. I was accepted to Wayne State and had a couple of questions as far as housing/second look day etc. Is this the right place to be posting? Thanks for you help, and best of luck to everyone!
docgirl5678
New Member
Thanks! A week ago!Congrats on your acceptance! When did you get in?
Thanks! A week ago!
Congrats! When did you interview? Where you waitlisted? If so, when? Thanks.
docgirl5678
New Member
Thanks! I interviewed at the end of January and was not waitlisted.Congrats! When did you interview? Where you waitlisted? If so, when? Thanks.
That's awesome, we haven't seen any acceptances yet from January!Thanks! I interviewed at the end of January and was not waitlisted.
The interviews went fine, as far as I know. I guess it just wasn't meant to be 🙄. Wish the rest of you luck tho!
Thanks you too 🙂 Didn't want to sound negative btw! Good luck with the rest !
blackhawk
Full Member
Same here.Interviewed on 12/20 and still haven't heard back...
blackhawk
Full Member
+1did our apps get lost or something? interviewed on 12/20 and still nothing as well...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
perfectprism
Full Member
Has anyone from 12/20 called the admissions office to ask why they still haven't heard? The fact that theres been silence for that long scares me.
They basically said to keep waiting and checking our portals. No news is good news and we’re still under consideration until we receive a rejection. Admissions meets regularly until classes start to make decisions.
Sounds good, thank you!They basically said to keep waiting and checking our portals. No news is good news and we’re still under consideration until we receive a rejection. Admissions meets regularly until classes start to make decisions.
medstudentneedshelp
Full Member
is the portal supposed to change after your interview?They basically said to keep waiting and checking our portals. No news is good news and we’re still under consideration until we receive a rejection. Admissions meets regularly until classes start to make decisions.
perfectprism
Full Member
is the portal supposed to change after your interview?
I’m not sure. that’s what it seemed like from my conversation because I was asked what my status was now but mine hasn’t changed.
But it could also just be that the decision might show up on the portal before we get the email.
Last edited:
Hello fellow waitlisters, when are we thinking the next wave of acceptances will be?
Hello fellow waitlisters, when are we thinking the next wave of acceptances will be?
With April 30 being deadline for people to choose only 1 med school from their multiple acceptances, I'd imagine 90% of the movement is going to be in May.
from what I’ve seen on previous sdn threads as well, a lot of the movement happened late May/early June/late June I’m assuming as they sort through everything that get shuffled around on April 30th, but that’s also just speculation& based off sdn which is a small portion of applicantsWith April 30 being deadline for people to choose only 1 med school from their multiple acceptances, I'd imagine 90% of the movement is going to be in May.
D
deleted1029007
I'm guessing they are still reviewing. It sounds like most people haven't heard back but idkIf we haven't heard back from 1/06 yet, do we think we are all going to get waitlisted/rejected or are they still reviewing?
blackhawk
Full Member
Many people interviewed in December haven't heard back yet.If we haven't heard back from 1/06 yet, do we think we are all going to get waitlisted/rejected or are they still reviewing?
D
deleted1029007
it's honestly really confusing because i know sdn is a small sample size but it seems like hardly anyone has heard back in weeksI know someone has already called a few weeks ago, but do you guys think calling for an update is a good idea?
it's honestly really confusing because i know sdn is a small sample size but it seems like hardly anyone has heard back in weeks
Remember also that the admissions office was closed for ~2 weeks over the holidays, so that will add to the delay a little.
D
deleted1021716
They said on 2/14 we should hear back second week of March (next week) so maybe they'll dump a bunch of decisions then
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
punchameleon
Full Member
They said "a month and a half" when I interviewed on 1/6 🤔They said on 2/14 we should hear back second week of March (next week) so maybe they'll dump a bunch of decisions then
They said "a month and a half" when I interviewed on 1/6 🤔
“A month and a half” my a**
mushu22
Full Member
Interviewed 12/9 and waitlisted sometime in January. Just submitted a LOI. Previously was debating which school to submit an LOI to - and if this school really was my #1. Woke up at 4am Arizona Time and felt it in my heart that it was. Writing the letter came so naturally because of how much I sincerely love this school and how at home I felt during interview day. Wish me luck, y'all!
And good luck to us ALL!
And good luck to us ALL!
Just FYI, for those who were asking earlier, I received a Second Look Day invitation in the mail today. April 6th beginning at 8 AM.
Just FYI, for those who were asking earlier, I received a Second Look Day invitation in the mail today. April 6th beginning at 8 AM.
Yo wayne state pull me off the waitlist so I can go to second look? thanks!



