2019-2020 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yo wayne state pull me off the waitlist so I can go to second look? thanks!

I was just thinking “oh great, I won’t be able to go to any second looks” #waitlistlife :rofl:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
yall how accurate is this:

says WSU post-II A% rate is 72% seems REALLY high
my interview must've gone real bad lmao

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Considering that they interviewed around 1500 applicants last year, and accepted 572, I don't think it's very accurate.

Reactions: 1 users

If I remember correctly, those numbers are pretty accurate for whatever year those numbers got released cause they're statistics that are reported to USNEWS from the schools and also takes into account people who withdraw. That acceptance rate is post-waitlist too, not just right after interviews.

A lot of people deny their interview invites (don't go to interviews) and a lot of people withdraw while on the waitlist. Wayne is also a big class that essentially accepts 2x the number of spots. If I were to guess, it's like 50% get accepted after interview and 50% of waitlist people get accepted, so that makes it hover at 70-75%.

If I remember correctly, those numbers are pretty accurate for whatever year those numbers got released cause they're statistics that are reported to USNEWS from the schools and also takes into account people who withdraw. That acceptance rate is post-waitlist too, not just right after interviews.

A lot of people deny their interview invites (don't go to interviews) and a lot of people withdraw while on the waitlist. Wayne is also a big class that essentially accepts 2x the number of spots. If I were to guess, it's like 50% get accepted after interview and 50% of waitlist people get accepted, so that makes it hover at 70-75%.
What you say makes a lot of sense. I kinda figured it could be something like that. I just don't know and I'm also grabbing at straws trying to figure out if I'm going to be in medical school next fall or reapplying.

What you say makes a lot of sense. I kinda figured it could be something like that. I just don't know and I'm also grabbing at straws trying to figure out if I'm going to be in medical school next fall or reapplying.

With 5 waitlists, I feel like you will be okay :)

They said on 2/14 we should hear back second week of March (next week) so maybe they'll dump a bunch of decisions then

Isn't Spring Break for WSU the second week of March? Since office will be closed, how can they give us the results?

Just got accepted! Waitlisted in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Isn't Spring Break for WSU the second week of March? Since office will be closed, how can they give us the results?

The first year class is on spring break from 3/13-4/15; the second year class has been done since December; the 3rd and 4th years go all year 'round, so the school is still open

I've been accepted back i November and there has been no update on second look. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed in Feb, was just Placed on Alternate list. How likely is it to be accepted from there, and would I not hear back until much later?

Anyone else WL in October and hasn’t heard back?

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed back in November. Got WL in December. I followed up with an LOI and an LOU, in early Jan and in mid-Feb, respectively. Wayne is my top choice and am absolutely excited about the service opportunities given to students there.

I want to continue to show my interest through another letter but don't have much to update or to add to my file. Any thoughts on what I can do to show my continued interest? Or should I just wait patiently until they make a decision?

Interviewed back in November. Got WL in December. I followed up with an LOI and an LOU, in early Jan and in mid-Feb, respectively. Wayne is my top choice and am absolutely excited about the service opportunities given to students there.

I want to continue to show my interest through another letter but don't have much to update or to add to my file. Any thoughts on what I can do to show my continued interest? Or should I just wait patiently until they make a decision?
Gotta be careful to not annoy them. By LOI did you mean Interest or Intent?

I just received an acceptance email last night! I interviewed in late November and was waitlisted in December. I'm super excited and grateful! Hang in there, guys. Waiting is ROUGH, but keep your faith! :)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Interviewed & WL in November, accepted yesterday! The urban clinical opportunities in Detroit stood out to me since day 1. Does anyone know what the average graduate indebtedness for OOS students is?

Hopefully they get to us October waitlist people soon, starting to feel like they forgot us lol

Interviewed & WL in November, accepted yesterday! The urban clinical opportunities in Detroit stood out to me since day 1. Does anyone know what the average graduate indebtedness for OOS students is?
At what time did you receive the acceptance email?

I just received an acceptance email last night! I interviewed in late November and was waitlisted in December. I'm super excited and grateful! Hang in there, guys. Waiting is ROUGH, but keep your faith! :)
At what time of the night?

What's a LOU?