Mar 15, 2019
Status
Medical Student
I have never heard of anyone getting an additional interview, this must be new for this cycle

About the Ads

Bravery89

5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed January 24th. I wasn't waitlisted this is the first I've heard from them.

May 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Damn that sucks, usually a rejection at any stage at wayne during the cycle is usually because someone found you not compatible/competitive enough. They are pretty rare but did something happen during the interview?
The interviews went fine, as far as I know. I guess it just wasn't meant to be :rolleyes:. Wish the rest of you luck tho!

Reactions: Renzelgunz

Gram1027

2+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Disclaimer: First SDN Post, not sure what I'm doing. I was accepted to Wayne State and had a couple of questions as far as housing/second look day etc. Is this the right place to be posting? Thanks for you help, and best of luck to everyone!
I havent personally been accepted yet so I can't answer those questions, but this is indeed the right place to be posting those questions

Reactions: mushu22
Sep 11, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
So I did my interview a couple weeks ago and nothing on my portal has changed. Is that normal? Also, how long does Wayne generally take to get back to you?

Jan 21, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Disclaimer: First SDN Post, not sure what I'm doing. I was accepted to Wayne State and had a couple of questions as far as housing/second look day etc. Is this the right place to be posting? Thanks for you help, and best of luck to everyone!
Congrats on your acceptance! When did you get in?

About the Ads
Jan 21, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone from 12/20 called the admissions office to ask why they still haven't heard? The fact that theres been silence for that long scares me.

Jun 13, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Has anyone from 12/20 called the admissions office to ask why they still haven't heard? The fact that theres been silence for that long scares me.
They basically said to keep waiting and checking our portals. No news is good news and we’re still under consideration until we receive a rejection. Admissions meets regularly until classes start to make decisions.

About the Ads
Jun 13, 2018
Status
is the portal supposed to change after your interview?
I’m not sure. that’s what it seemed like from my conversation because I was asked what my status was now but mine hasn’t changed.

But it could also just be that the decision might show up on the portal before we get the email.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018
With April 30 being deadline for people to choose only 1 med school from their multiple acceptances, I'd imagine 90% of the movement is going to be in May.
from what I’ve seen on previous sdn threads as well, a lot of the movement happened late May/early June/late June I’m assuming as they sort through everything that get shuffled around on April 30th, but that’s also just speculation& based off sdn which is a small portion of applicants

• Sad
Reactions: mushu22

hopelt

2+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
If we haven't heard back from 1/06 yet, do we think we are all going to get waitlisted/rejected or are they still reviewing?

About the Ads
Jan 21, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
I know someone has already called a few weeks ago, but do you guys think calling for an update is a good idea?
it's honestly really confusing because i know sdn is a small sample size but it seems like hardly anyone has heard back in weeks

Reactions: J722
Jan 9, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Interviewed 12/9 and waitlisted sometime in January. Just submitted a LOI. Previously was debating which school to submit an LOI to - and if this school really was my #1. Woke up at 4am Arizona Time and felt it in my heart that it was. Writing the letter came so naturally because of how much I sincerely love this school and how at home I felt during interview day. Wish me luck, y'all!

And good luck to us ALL!

May 27, 2019
Status
Just FYI, for those who were asking earlier, I received a Second Look Day invitation in the mail today. April 6th beginning at 8 AM.
Yo wayne state pull me off the waitlist so I can go to second look? thanks!

SweetBurger

cowbell
5+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2013
Cant know this AND MY MOMENTUM
Status
Pre-Medical
yall how accurate is this:
says WSU post-II A% rate is 72% seems REALLY high
my interview must've gone real bad lmao

Reactions: harryw
Jul 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Considering that they interviewed around 1500 applicants last year, and accepted 572, I don't think it's very accurate.

Aug 9, 2018
If I remember correctly, those numbers are pretty accurate for whatever year those numbers got released cause they're statistics that are reported to USNEWS from the schools and also takes into account people who withdraw. That acceptance rate is post-waitlist too, not just right after interviews.

A lot of people deny their interview invites (don't go to interviews) and a lot of people withdraw while on the waitlist. Wayne is also a big class that essentially accepts 2x the number of spots. If I were to guess, it's like 50% get accepted after interview and 50% of waitlist people get accepted, so that makes it hover at 70-75%.

SweetBurger

cowbell
5+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2013
Cant know this AND MY MOMENTUM
Status
Pre-Medical
If I remember correctly, those numbers are pretty accurate for whatever year those numbers got released cause they're statistics that are reported to USNEWS from the schools and also takes into account people who withdraw. That acceptance rate is post-waitlist too, not just right after interviews.

A lot of people deny their interview invites (don't go to interviews) and a lot of people withdraw while on the waitlist. Wayne is also a big class that essentially accepts 2x the number of spots. If I were to guess, it's like 50% get accepted after interview and 50% of waitlist people get accepted, so that makes it hover at 70-75%.
What you say makes a lot of sense. I kinda figured it could be something like that. I just don't know and I'm also grabbing at straws trying to figure out if I'm going to be in medical school next fall or reapplying.

fdizzle12

2+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
What you say makes a lot of sense. I kinda figured it could be something like that. I just don't know and I'm also grabbing at straws trying to figure out if I'm going to be in medical school next fall or reapplying.
With 5 waitlists, I feel like you will be okay :)

Feb 11, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
They said on 2/14 we should hear back second week of March (next week) so maybe they'll dump a bunch of decisions then
Isn't Spring Break for WSU the second week of March? Since office will be closed, how can they give us the results?

About the Ads