-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Wayne State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1 😀I was just thinking “oh great, I won’t be able to go to any second looks” #waitlistlife 🤣
yall how accurate is this:
says WSU post-II A% rate is 72% seems REALLY high
my interview must've gone real bad lmao
says WSU post-II A% rate is 72% seems REALLY high
my interview must've gone real bad lmao
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MrPooperScooper
Full Member
yall how accurate is this:
says WSU post-II A% rate is 72% seems REALLY high
my interview must've gone real bad lmao
Considering that they interviewed around 1500 applicants last year, and accepted 572, I don't think it's very accurate.
yall how accurate is this:
says WSU post-II A% rate is 72% seems REALLY high
my interview must've gone real bad lmao
If I remember correctly, those numbers are pretty accurate for whatever year those numbers got released cause they're statistics that are reported to USNEWS from the schools and also takes into account people who withdraw. That acceptance rate is post-waitlist too, not just right after interviews.
A lot of people deny their interview invites (don't go to interviews) and a lot of people withdraw while on the waitlist. Wayne is also a big class that essentially accepts 2x the number of spots. If I were to guess, it's like 50% get accepted after interview and 50% of waitlist people get accepted, so that makes it hover at 70-75%.
What you say makes a lot of sense. I kinda figured it could be something like that. I just don't know and I'm also grabbing at straws trying to figure out if I'm going to be in medical school next fall or reapplying.If I remember correctly, those numbers are pretty accurate for whatever year those numbers got released cause they're statistics that are reported to USNEWS from the schools and also takes into account people who withdraw. That acceptance rate is post-waitlist too, not just right after interviews.
A lot of people deny their interview invites (don't go to interviews) and a lot of people withdraw while on the waitlist. Wayne is also a big class that essentially accepts 2x the number of spots. If I were to guess, it's like 50% get accepted after interview and 50% of waitlist people get accepted, so that makes it hover at 70-75%.
What you say makes a lot of sense. I kinda figured it could be something like that. I just don't know and I'm also grabbing at straws trying to figure out if I'm going to be in medical school next fall or reapplying.
With 5 waitlists, I feel like you will be okay 🙂
They said on 2/14 we should hear back second week of March (next week) so maybe they'll dump a bunch of decisions then
Isn't Spring Break for WSU the second week of March? Since office will be closed, how can they give us the results?
Hopefully, I hear back as well since I was waitlisted in November tooJust got accepted! Waitlisted in November.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn't Spring Break for WSU the second week of March? Since office will be closed, how can they give us the results?
The first year class is on spring break from 3/13-4/15; the second year class has been done since December; the 3rd and 4th years go all year 'round, so the school is still open
MoistTowelette
Full Member
I've been accepted back i November and there has been no update on second look. Is anyone else in the same boat?
D
deleted1021716
WL. Interviewed 2/14
punchameleon
Full Member
WL. Interviewed 1/6
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medstudentneedshelp
Full Member
Interviewed in Feb, was just Placed on Alternate list. How likely is it to be accepted from there, and would I not hear back until much later?
Interviewed in Feb, was just Placed on Alternate list. How likely is it to be accepted from there, and would I not hear back until much later?
^^ +1
Anyone else WL in October and hasn’t heard back?
forrockrock
Full Member
+1WL. Interviewed 1/6
punchameleon
Full Member
Petition to call it the Waynt List?
WL today. Interviewed 12.20.19
D
deleted874093
1/13 WL today
TrustySteed
Full Member
Interviewed back in November. Got WL in December. I followed up with an LOI and an LOU, in early Jan and in mid-Feb, respectively. Wayne is my top choice and am absolutely excited about the service opportunities given to students there.
I want to continue to show my interest through another letter but don't have much to update or to add to my file. Any thoughts on what I can do to show my continued interest? Or should I just wait patiently until they make a decision?
I want to continue to show my interest through another letter but don't have much to update or to add to my file. Any thoughts on what I can do to show my continued interest? Or should I just wait patiently until they make a decision?
punchameleon
Full Member
Gotta be careful to not annoy them. By LOI did you mean Interest or Intent?Interviewed back in November. Got WL in December. I followed up with an LOI and an LOU, in early Jan and in mid-Feb, respectively. Wayne is my top choice and am absolutely excited about the service opportunities given to students there.
I want to continue to show my interest through another letter but don't have much to update or to add to my file. Any thoughts on what I can do to show my continued interest? Or should I just wait patiently until they make a decision?
TrustySteed
Full Member
Gotta be careful to not annoy them. By LOI did you mean Interest or Intent?
It was a letter of intent. My thoughts exactly.
LoveTheWorld
New Member
I just received an acceptance email last night! I interviewed in late November and was waitlisted in December. I'm super excited and grateful! Hang in there, guys. Waiting is ROUGH, but keep your faith! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MrPooperScooper
Full Member
Just received the Second Look Day postcard in the mail day. I live 600 miles away from Detroit
at least flights are cheap right now lolJust received the Second Look Day postcard in the mail day. I live 600 miles away from Detroit
Also WL today. Interview 2/14
Does anyone know when the last interview date was?
It was 2/14, I know b/c I was working that interview day 🙂Does anyone know when the last interview date was?
It was 2/14, I know b/c I was working that interview day 🙂
Haha, can't ask for a more reliable source than that! Thank you! 🙂
brownmamba24
Full Member
Interviewed & WL in November, accepted yesterday! The urban clinical opportunities in Detroit stood out to me since day 1. Does anyone know what the average graduate indebtedness for OOS students is?
WL. Interviewed 2/14
+1
At what time did you receive the acceptance email?Interviewed & WL in November, accepted yesterday! The urban clinical opportunities in Detroit stood out to me since day 1. Does anyone know what the average graduate indebtedness for OOS students is?
At what time of the night?I just received an acceptance email last night! I interviewed in late November and was waitlisted in December. I'm super excited and grateful! Hang in there, guys. Waiting is ROUGH, but keep your faith! 🙂
Interviewed back in November. Got WL in December. I followed up with an LOI and an LOU, in early Jan and in mid-Feb, respectively. Wayne is my top choice and am absolutely excited about the service opportunities given to students there.
I want to continue to show my interest through another letter but don't have much to update or to add to my file. Any thoughts on what I can do to show my continued interest? Or should I just wait patiently until they make a decision?
What's a LOU?
letter of uterusWhat's a LOU?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me!Anyone else WL in October and hasn’t heard back?
Probably letter of updateWhat's a LOU?
letter of uterus
Sounds useful. I knew I should have been getting ready for med school as a fetus.
Sounds useful. I knew I should have been getting ready for med school as a fetus.
Fetus is pretty late in the cycle, should've started as an embryo.
Fetus is pretty late in the cycle, should've started as an embryo.
That's it! I'm screwed!