2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ugh I was in the second week of interviews and it is all I can think about!!! They told us 3-4 so maybe that means it has to be next week??? Im just finding different ways to build my anxiety lol

It’s so hard not to obsess! I just want that first A to come in so I can try to relax the rest of the cycle

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how they’ll let us know about decisions? Email, phone call, portal update...???

Does anyone know how they’ll let us know about decisions? Email, phone call, portal update...???
It’ll be call for acceptance and a email for anything else. Keep that ringer on high!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what day of the week they typically call? My interview was 2 weeks ago and I feel like it went really well!

Just got an acceptance call for anyone in the first batch of interviews still waiting to hear! So they are reaching out today! Interviewed 8/28

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got an acceptance call for anyone in the first batch of interviews still waiting to hear! So they are reaching out today! Interviewed 8/28

Awesome!! Congrats! Hoping for a call soon!

Congrats! do you mind sharing your stats too? and when were you marked complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a question about the community health centers/free clinics prompt. Someone said they emailed the admissions office what to do if you have nothing to write about, and they were told it's fine to just write "N/A".

I have limited exposure; ~15 hours of shadowing a family physician at a community health center. As shadowing experiences go, it wasn't any more profound than when I close shadowed my old PCP for a week. Furthermore, it was just shadowing, not actual clinical volunteering like as an MA or scribe. I don't want to make this out to be more than it is. Should I try to write about this still or just leave an "N/A"?

Thanks!

I had a question about the community health centers/free clinics prompt. Someone said they emailed the admissions office what to do if you have nothing to write about, and they were told it's fine to just write "N/A".

I have limited exposure; ~15 hours of shadowing a family physician at a community health center. As shadowing experiences go, it wasn't any more profound than when I close shadowed my old PCP for a week. Furthermore, it was just shadowing, not actual clinical volunteering like as an MA or scribe. I don't want to make this out to be more than it is. Should I try to write about this still or just leave an "N/A"?

Thanks!
I would say to write about your experience because some is better than none

For the group that interviewed on August 26th or 28th, if you haven't received a call yet does that most likely mean you will be receiving a waitlist or a rejection email?

Do you guys know what secondary completion date they're reviewing right now?

Does anyone have any non-NDA violating advice/tips about the Telehealth Assessment Encounter?? So nervous!!

For the "Describe your experience with Community Health Centers or free clinics (500 words or less)" question, is that the same as talking about how I volunteered at a hospital or would that be 2 different things? Would I instead be able to talk about my volunteer work at a Hospice or would the hospital setting be more appropriate/in line with the question that's being specifically asked? Thanks.

For the "Describe your experience with Community Health Centers or free clinics (500 words or less)" question, is that the same as talking about how I volunteered at a hospital or would that be 2 different things? Would I instead be able to talk about my volunteer work at a Hospice or would the hospital setting be more appropriate/in line with the question that's being specifically asked? Thanks.

Volunteering at a hospital/hospice is different from CHC. If you didn't work at a free clinic/CHC, then I wouldn't write anything. I did not fill in that prompt becaues I didn't volunteer at those places and still received an II.

Volunteering at a hospital/hospice is different from CHC. If you didn't work at a free clinic/CHC, then I wouldn't write anything. I did not fill in that prompt becaues I didn't volunteer at those places and still received an II.

Oh okay, thanks for the info. I'm an OOS and was wondering if it is seen as a disadvantage if you hadn't done volunteer work there. I have done volunteer work at a Homeless shelter, would that count? If so, I have already, however, mentioned that experience in the question that asks you to answer 1 of the following 3 questions and I chose the one for how have you have been involved in helping the underserved so I think that those 2 answers would overlap. Thoughts?

Also, for the question that states Describe your activities during any gaps longer than 3 months in your college or post-graduate record (500 words or less).

When they say "college or post-graduate record", they're not just referring to your school enrollment/college courses taken right? They're also referring to overall extracurricular activities in combination with going to school, and if there's a gap greater than 3 months when looked at collectively. Am I right here? Thank you.

Oh okay, thanks for the info. I'm an OOS and was wondering if it is seen as a disadvantage if you hadn't done volunteer work there. I have done volunteer work at a Homeless shelter, would that count? If so, I have already, however, mentioned that experience in the question that asks you to answer 1 of the following 3 questions and I chose the one for how have you have been involved in helping the underserved so I think that those 2 answers would overlap. Thoughts?

Also, for the question that states Describe your activities during any gaps longer than 3 months in your college or post-graduate record (500 words or less).

When they say "college or post-graduate record", they're not just referring to your school enrollment/college courses taken right? They're also referring to overall extracurricular activities in combination with going to school, and if there's a gap greater than 3 months when looked at collectively. Am I right here? Thank you.

I'm also OOS and while I think it would be nicer if you did have volunteer work there (I assume you mean at CHC?) I believe if you at least have some experience with the underserved, it should be alright because this school is pretty big on helping the underserved hence why the focus on CHCs. Homeless shelter would not count as free clinic/CHC either (unless you volunteered at a shelter that provided those services maybe) so I wouldn't recommend writing about it for the CHC question. Like I said, I didn't have any volunteer work in that CHC area but I also volunteered at food pantries/with homeless outreach and they still invited me so don't worry too much about that area.

For your second question: They're talking about if you took a gap year or any breaks off from school that isn't the normal winter/summer break. If you did that, then yes talk about whatever you were doing: work, volunteer, taking extra classes, etc.

Last edited:
I got the acceptance call today! Interviewed 9/2! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back :clap:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
how long does it take to hear back from them after being marked complete?

When you guys said marked complete, do you mean you're able to see the date next to the complete column? Cuz mine only show the complete but no date associated with it

When you guys said marked complete, do you mean you're able to see the date next to the complete column? Cuz mine only show the complete but no date associated with it
When people say complete, it means the school sent an email saying their App is completed and ready to be reviewed. I received an interview from this school and I have no date next to where it says “application completed” in the portal. Hope that helps!