2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When people say complete, it means the school sent an email saying their App is completed and ready to be reviewed. I received an interview from this school and I have no date next to where it says “application completed” in the portal. Hope that helps!
Thank you for clearing that up

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was previously put on hold a few years ago and eventually did not hear back until late spring with the rejection, but others who were put on hold did come off at varying time points of the cycle with an II. Your chances at an II are non-zero, but they have gone down. You are likely a borderline candidate in their eyes and so they will revisit your application at a future date and depending on need may / may not offer you an II. Perhaps send them a non-academic update letter in a month or so letting them know what you've been up to since submitting your secondary.
What happens if you STILL haven't heard anything, yet completed your application before others who have already received interview invites and acceptances? Does that mean I am still being considered? and if so, why would they not have put me "on hold" as you are describing here? Any info is sincerely appreciated :)!!!

It might have already been asked/answered, but curious if AT-SOMA is sending out II without MCAT scores? Anyone receive one w/o MCAT this cycle? Their website says preferred but not required so just curious what that exactly means. Thanks!
What are your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew, hope it goes to one of you peeps

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
What happens if you STILL haven't heard anything, yet completed your application before others who have already received interview invites and acceptances? Does that mean I am still being considered? and if so, why would they not have put me "on hold" as you are describing here? Any info is sincerely appreciated :)!!!
I'm not sure how they decide who to put on the II waitlist, but if you haven't gotten an R then you are still being considered. The application process is very weird and no one really knows in what order the schools review apps.

They might be going off of stats. The higher your stats, the earlier you hear back from them. Just an opinion.

Can anyone share their experience with the interview? I have mine on Friday and I'm kinda worried lol

Why do they force you to put in stuff on the secondary that's already in our primary app?? Look at my primary app for the love of god. This infuriates me to no end.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I already am accepted at a DO school, but was wondering if I should submit a secondary here? Greater than a 3.80 GPA, no MCAT, and tons of extracurriculars and great essays

I already am accepted at a DO school, but was wondering if I should submit a secondary here? Greater than a 3.80 GPA, no MCAT, and tons of extracurriculars and great essays

You will most likely won't get an answer here without an mcat. I'm assuming other school was rocky?

I mean if you really like this school then I'd say go for it. It's still not super late in the cycle to submit an app.

It’s a role playing scenario, not a “what would you do” question
How long do we get for the role playing scenario? 8 or 10 minutes like an MMI? Additionally, how much knowledge of healthcare are they expecting you to know?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a minimum MCAT for this school?
The school's website states they prefer you have an MCAT score on file, but it is not required. Since it is not formally required, it would make sense that there is no minimum score required. I believe the previous average from year's past is 504.

Does anyone know if they’ve sent out rejections, I haven’t heard anything from KCOM or SOMA and I’m approaching 6 weeks since complete emails.

Does anyone know if they’ve sent out rejections, I haven’t heard anything from KCOM or SOMA and I’m approaching 6 weeks since complete emails.

+1 Been complete since mid July
Trying to stay hopeful, but being in limbo is painful lol

What are your stats?

3.17 cgpa 3.01 sgpa 510 MCAT OOS ORM

I just called and spoke to them they said I’m still being considered and it’s a long cycle, but I just was curious if ppl actually received R’s or is it just going to be silent till the end of the cycle.

anybody else been complete for a month and a half with complete silence?

Reactions: 5 users
For those of you who have interviewed, what email did you send the NDA to?

For those who got an II/accepted, how many hours of clinical and underserved did you have? and what kind? Thanks.

For those who got an II/accepted, how many hours of clinical and underserved did you have? and what kind? Thanks.
>15000 hours of patient care experience in hospitals in underserved regions.

however n=1. Everyone is unique.

Hey loves, trying to withdraw my interview so it can go to one of ya'll but not sure how. Do I have to contact them directly or does someone know how to do it from the portal? Thanks!

anybody else been complete for a month and a half with complete silence?
yes i was complete at beginning of Augusut
3.17 cgpa 3.01 sgpa 510 MCAT OOS ORM

I just called and spoke to them they said I’m still being considered and it’s a long cycle, but I just was curious if ppl actually received R’s or is it just going to be silent till the end of the cycle.
There were a few people earlier this summer that said they got rejected from AT Still. You have to go back to mid July on this thread

There were a few people earlier this summer that said they got rejected from AT Still. You have to go back to mid July on this thread

Did you receive a confirmation email from them stating they received your NDA?

I didn't receive any confirmation but I was able to go through to the interviews just fine!

Application hold email just now, complete 9/22

What were ur stats if you don’t mind me asking?
Low stats nontrad applicant 3.0cgpa 3.1sgpa 3.5postbaccgpa, 501 mcat, lots of underserved community hours, grad work at a DO school, and highly interested in primary care medicine

• Care
Hey loves, just withdrew my interview spot, someone catch the bouquet!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Have any of you guys received an interview invite lately?

This might be a stupid question but what does "sub GPA" mean? and does ATSU SOMA look at it?

II! Complete some time in June so nice to know that I'm not in the dark anymore

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

>5000 hours of paid clinical, about 250 hours of volunteer in a community free clinic