2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those accepted, how long did it take from phone call to getting an email? Got a call Wednesday evening, but no email yet or update in portal

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I got an email last week that I was still being considered for the class of 2025 and that an acceptance is possible if seats open. Just got accepted today, that was really really quick

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted last night by phone call! Interviewed 10/02! Blesssss up

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if this school is receptive to updates? Added a DO letter of recommendation.
Update: Yes they are, I emailed and received a "thanks for the update" reply!

Last edited:
Had my interview today. Is there any way I should be preparing for my telehealth assessment?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone submitted their letter and CHC rank yet?

what were your stats and experiences if you don't mind me asking?
LM 63, masters in neuroscience from Vandy, tons of research (6 publications, 2 book chapters), more of a nontrad candidate

II OOS, super excited! Love Arizona :love: App was complete 7/14!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
accepted! just got the call! Interviewed 10/9

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
II yesterday. Complete 9/16. Second career applicant...BA in Organic Chem, MSW (12 years in social work), BSN (3 years as an emergency RN), recommended as a Hometown Scholar.
This is my first choice DO school! Super excited!!!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
II yesterday. Complete 9/16. Second career applicant...BA in Organic Chem, MSW (12 years in social work), BSN (3 years as an emergency RN), recommended as a Hometown Scholar.

wow look at that experience :) you got this !

For those of you who got accepted, how long after the call did you receive the email to rank the CHCs?

Congratulations, what were your stats, if you don't mind me asking?

II just now! This is my second II within the last 30 min. OHHHHHH MMMMYY GOODDNESSS.... completed way back 9/1.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Can anyone who has already interviewed provides some insight on how it went? Was it very conversational? Was it more like “why ATSU/why DO school? Were there ethical situation questions asked? Any information is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

Mine was very conversational once the question is asked with your one-on-one person. They were very nice and very laid back. In general, always have an answer to "why *insert school name*/why DO" :)

Congratulations, what were your stats, if you don't mind me asking?
STATS: Original undergrad BCPM (3.29) / AO ( 3.56); Graduate School BCPM (4.0) / AO (3.94) MCAT 495
21000 Paid clinical hours / 3000 Volunteer healthcare hours / 6000 Volunteer non-clinical hours
(I am 46 years old so I have a lifetime of experience) and I work full-time as a Registered Nurse at HealthPoint which is one of the CHC's associated with SOMA

I am certain ATSU-SOMA has every interviewed applicant sign a non-disclosure so please, let's not ask anyone in our forum to break that. Some of the answers and/or questions people are asking are getting very close to violating that non-disclosure. Ethics here people!!!

You will most likely won't get an answer here without an mcat. I'm assuming other school was rocky?
MCAT is mandatory; they will not screen you for an II without an MCAT score. They accepted by score from 2017, but I had to have a score nonetheless..

To those who got accepted, approximately when did you hear back? Was it about 2-3 weeks after the regular interview or after the telehealth patient encounter interivew? My interviews were scheduled 1 week apart from each other so trying to gauge a rough timeline :) Thanks!

To those who got accepted, approximately when did you hear back? Was it about 2-3 weeks after the regular interview or after the telehealth patient encounter interivew? My interviews were scheduled 1 week apart from each other so trying to gauge a rough timeline :) Thanks!

My Telehealth was the week after too. I got a call exactly 3 wks after my telehealth visit, but my email came later that Friday.

Hey! I just had my interview 2 days ago, and they didn't say anything or follow up with information about the telehealth conference. Is there just not one anymore as of recently?

Hey! I just had my interview 2 days ago, and they didn't say anything or follow up with information about the telehealth conference. Is there just not one anymore as of recently?

Did you look back into your original email with your interview schedule? My first email about the interview gave me both interview dates/times/links

How long did it take everyone to get marked complete? I finally remembered to submit last night lol

Hello! I received an II on 10/20, and I chose one date and there was no mention of Telehealth conferencing in the email. I'm getting confused reading about it in this chat when I don't have anything about it in my interview invite email?

Does anyone know if this school send out pre II rejection?

Hello! I received an II on 10/20, and I chose one date and there was no mention of Telehealth conferencing in the email. I'm getting confused reading about it in this chat when I don't have anything about it in my interview invite email?

Same here. I didn't know anything about the Telehealth until I read it on this forum. Maybe it will be sent out towards our II day?

Mine were the same day but I heard back 4 weeks later with an A!

II received!!! So shocked because I have been complete since August 10.
cGPA 3.73, sGPA 3.49, 507

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Interviewing on 12/9. 3.67 cGPA and 3.45 sGPA, unfortunately, my MCAT did not go as I had hoped and I earned a 494. Anyone know how much the MCAT plays into the admissions decision? Finishing my PhD and have tons of research experience and six publications with a couple of webinars under my belt. Currently adjunct for CGHS in the MPH program and my wife teaches in the DO/MPH. Have over 20k hours of clinical experience (civilian and military) and 80 hours of shadowing DOs (and was able to get a DO letter of rec).
I heard they aren’t requiring MCAT this year

Interviewing on 12/9. 3.67 cGPA and 3.45 sGPA, unfortunately, my MCAT did not go as I had hoped and I earned a 494. Anyone know how much the MCAT plays into the admissions decision? Finishing my PhD and have tons of research experience and six publications with a couple of webinars under my belt. Currently adjunct for CGHS in the MPH program and my wife teaches in the DO/MPH. Have over 20k hours of clinical experience (civilian and military) and 80 hours of shadowing DOs (and was able to get a DO letter of rec).

honestly your experiences are incredible and I think the fact that you already got an in interview is extremely positive! hope you get in :)

Got the acceptance call tonight!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Thanks! I interviewed on 10/17 and the telehealth assessment on 10/21.

Thanks! I interviewed on 10/17 and the telehealth assessment on 10/21.

GRATS! What time did you get the call at? I interviewed around the same time you did so I'm now more anxious than ever hah

GRATS! What time did you get the call at? I interviewed around the same time you did so I'm now more anxious than ever hah
It was around 5:30 mdt. I bet they'll be making more calls throughout the week so don't lose hope!