2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you guys have to speak for the full 6 mins during the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you guys have to speak for the full 6 mins during the interview?
The MMI's themselves are very chill and relaxing, which was something I really enjoyed. They were conversational, and as long as you get your point across effectively, you do not need to speak the whole 6 minutes. They often have follow-up questions ready for you. I would just avoid ending with a "sooo umm... yeah.." which is a mistake i often made when I first started to practice MMIs

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I often end like that lol. I have to stop it for sure

Not sure when it happened, but my deposit was finally marked as received! I mailed it 10/27

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
when do we think this school may pull from UC list ? (fingers crossed)

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry this is probably a dumb question, but what is the UC list?

Under-consideration list. Usually given it you are not accepted right away
An interviewee can expect one of the following 3 decisions:
-Accepted
-Under consideration
-Rejected.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
when do we think this school may pull from UC list ? (fingers crossed)

Hopefully soon! Been UC for about a month, interviewed beginning of October. Someone in last year's thread got accepted off it as early as end of November

Edit: On last year's thread they pulled people off Nov 6! So maybe already pulling people off of it?

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone available to do a Mock Interview? I have an interview coming up next week!

• Love
Is anyone available to do a Mock Interview? I have an interview coming up next week!

I cant really give you a mock interview, but I will say it was kind of similar to CASPR in general. The difference is you get to talk instead of drive yourself crazy trying to type. But a lot of the prompts reminded me of CASPER. In addition, know answers to questions like " so tell me about your self" or " why medicine." I recorded myself talking about these for 5-10 min just so I know I could communicate those Ideas if I had too. But dont try to come off scripted.

Honestly any of the youtube videos about MMI interviews pretty accurately hit what this interview was like. Of course, the questions were a little different and the interviewers at Albany are super nice. Hope this helps

Reactions: 3 users
I cant really give you a mock interview, but I will say it was kind of similar to CASPR in general. The difference is you get to talk instead of drive yourself crazy trying to type. But a lot of the prompts reminded me of CASPER. In addition, know answers to questions like " so tell me about your self" or " why medicine." I recorded myself talking about these for 5-10 min just so I know I could communicate those Ideas if I had too. But dont try to come off scripted.

Honestly any of the youtube videos about MMI interviews pretty accurately hit what this interview was like. Of course, the questions were a little different and the interviewers at Albany are super nice. Hope this helps
Thank you!

hi guys. i was complete end of july. havent heard anything back. is this a silent rejection? im OOS

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
hi guys. i was complete end of july. havent heard anything back. is this a silent rejection? im OOS
My friend was complete end of July/early August last cycle and didn't get an II until January and interviewed late Feb. She's now a M1 there :)

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Just placed under consideration, interviewed 10/23. Wish I could just hibernate until the end of the app season :bear:

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I got in . I’m gonna be a doctor. This is surreal!!

• Love
Reactions: 26 users
Accepted today! my first acceptance Im super excited. This school is amazing.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Accepted today. Almost cried at work,
Stats: MCAT <508; GPA >3.60
Congratulations to those who were accepted as well.
Fingers crossed from those waiting for an II and those on the UC list.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 23 users
So they don't accept updates about research experience/ working towards a publication?

Per their website:

Do you accept update letters or letters of intent?
We do not accept update letters or letters of intent. There is an option to give a brief update in the interview invitation that will be available to the admissions committee during review. Otherwise, the only updates that we accept are new grades.

Post-interview rejection today. Pretty bummed because this has been my only interview and sad to not even get on under consideration. Good luck to everyone else though!

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
Deposit also marked as received :)
Out of curiosity, how long did it take from when you mailed it, to when it was received. Thanks. Mailed mine today, hoping to meet that ridiculous 1 week deadline.

Per their website:

Do you accept update letters or letters of intent?
We do not accept update letters or letters of intent. There is an option to give a brief update in the interview invitation that will be available to the admissions committee during review. Otherwise, the only updates that we accept are new grades.
Do you think we should just email an unofficial transcript for grade updates?

Out of curiosity, how long did it take from when you mailed it, to when it was received. Thanks. Mailed mine today, hoping to meet that ridiculous 1 week deadline.
I think a little over a week but as long as they receive it before the one week deadline, you're good. It takes a while to get through their mail system. I did send mine express too lol worth the extra shipping cost imo.

I’m not sure when it arrived at their office, but it took two weeks to be marked received! I sent mine from the west coast using standard shipping. You should be fine!

I interviewed 10/23 and I was accepted 11/16. This seams to be a good measure of their timeline when I look back to some of the others this year.

• Love
I interviewed 10/23 and I was accepted 11/16. This seams to be a good measure of their timeline when I look back to some of the others this year.

My interview is 12/2. I wonder if there's any chance of a Christmas miracle :rofl:

And to help ease any that don’t get a call in that time frame remember the holidays are coming up and it might take them an extra week or two.

For accepted students, is there an official FB page + a page to look for flat-mates without having to go to the campus in NY at the moment. Thanks

Did anyone send thank you emails after their interviews? I didn't catch the names of all the interviewers at the MMI.

Did anyone send thank you emails after their interviews? I didn't catch the names of all the interviewers at the MMI.

I sent mine to admission email. Given it was an MMI, I don't think it is necessary in this case.

I did not send any, as I had no idea how to address to every single person.

For accepted students, has there been any communication with the school besides the initial acceptance email and the financial aid email? Thanks in advance!