2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For accepted students, has there been any communication with the school besides the initial acceptance email and the financial aid email? Thanks in advance!
Nope. only communications are with the financial aid folks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if the student panel and info session the day before the interview is required? I don't think I can take off work that many days but also don't want to be penalized for not attending. TIA!

Does anyone know if the student panel and info session the day before the interview is required? I don't think I can take off work that many days but also don't want to be penalized for not attending. TIA!
Just strongly recommended! I didn’t attend either session and was accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Invite just now! File was complete 10/04. Do we get a confirmation email once we pick our interview date or is it just that response form on the portal?

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Interview Invite just now! File was complete 10/04. Do we get a confirmation email once we pick our interview date or is it just that response form on the portal?
wow congrats!!! i thought east coast schools usually didn't send IIs after 5pm but i guess not hahaha

Did anyone send thank you emails after their interviews? I didn't catch the names of all the interviewers at the MMI.
I don't think it's necessary or gonna make any difference.

Did anyone send thank you emails after their interviews? I didn't catch the names of all the interviewers at the MMI.
I thanked the organizers and students. In the emails to the coordinators I asked them to extend my thanks to the interviewers. But I dont think you need to email each interviewer.

is there a facebook page for class of 25 yet?
I would like to know too! Accepted early October, definitely coming here next year. I would like to get in touch with some of my future classmates too lol

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just had my interview, weirdly liked the experience the MMI setup is really nice. Now I get to wait with crossed fingers :D

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just had my interview, weirdly liked the experience the MMI setup is really nice. Now I get to wait with crossed fingers :D
I felt like their MMI was very fair and gave you enough time. Good luck! I’m in the waiting game after interview as well

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I felt like their MMI was very fair and gave you enough time. Good luck! I’m in the waiting game after interview as well
Yeah I thought so as well! Most of mine ended right at about 10 minutes naturally or had a minute or so of time left. I was really stressed but it was probably my most chill interview so far haha!

Good luck! We got this!

Accepted this morning! Interviewed 10/28, super stoked about this program!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
Kind of late after the discussion, but do not send a thank you email for MMIs

Placed UC this morning. Interviewed 11/9. Kinda disappointed, although this is the most common decision. Hoping for the best going forward.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Got the acceptance today! Interviewed 11/06

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Under consideration. Interviewed 10/29.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
For those accepted, are you guys just mailing a check to their office? Kind of annoying that there's no online method to pay the deposit

For those accepted feel free to PM me questions if you have them. I know virtual interviews can be tough to gauge a school.

I interviewed 11/2 and haven't received a decision yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

For those accepted, are you guys just mailing a check to their office? Kind of annoying that there's no online method to pay the deposit
Yes, I sent them a money order certified mail. I wanted to make sure they got it, and my status was updated pretty quick. I did not include anything else in the envelope and it seamed to work out fine. Just make sure you follow the directions in the acceptance letter/ checklist.

For those accepted feel free to PM me questions if you have them. I know virtual interviews can be tough to gauge a school.
Do you use the laptop/ tablet AMC requires, or do you have your own computer or tablet you like to use more often? My laptop is struggling now and I'm trying to decide if I should hold off on getting a new one.

Do you use the laptop/ tablet AMC requires, or do you have your own computer or tablet you like to use more often? My laptop is struggling now and I'm trying to decide if I should hold off on getting a new one.
There’s a tab in the portal that talks about the AMC technology fee all students have to pay and it shows the specs of the laptop that you get. From what I understand you have to use their laptop and can’t use your own.

There’s a tab in the portal that talks about the AMC technology fee all students have to pay and it shows the specs of the laptop that you get. From what I understand you have to use their laptop and can’t use your own.
Huh that seems weird. What's the reason you can't use your own? I was hoping I could just keep my laptop if I get in lol

Huh that seems weird. What's the reason you can't use your own? I was hoping I could just keep my laptop if I get in lol
You can still use your own laptop (e.g. if you’re used to Macs). Most of us use the one given to us as it’s easy to take notes on. Totally up to you!

Did anyone else have trouble scheduling their interview? We just login to the portal correct?

+1, II received just now but not able to schedule through the portal for some reason. Complete 8/4

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
+1, II received just now but not able to schedule through the portal for some reason. Complete 8/4
+1. I had the same issue but it looks like it has been resolved because I was able to schedule my interview just now! Complete 10/6

Does anyone know the post-II acceptance rate here?

Any other early November people hear back. Confused why certain people heard on Friday and I am still waiting. I'm prepared for a UC decision at best, but it would still be nice to know.