2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Albany Medical College

Members don't see this ad.

Is Casper required for Albany? I know it was in the past but I am having trouble finding it on their requirements page

Reactions: 1 user
Is Casper required for Albany? I know it was in the past but I am having trouble finding it on their requirements page

I believe so. When you register for the exam Albany comes up as one of the institutions that takes it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe so. When you register for the exam Albany comes up as one of the institutions that takes it

When I signed up I did not see Albany

Reactions: 2 users
When I signed up I did not see Albany

Oh my bad then! It was a little while ago so I must have been mistaken. Either way, when you sign up for the test all the schools are listed so it’s easy to tell if they need the score or not

Oh my bad then! It was a little while ago so I must have been mistaken. Either way, when you sign up for the test all the schools are listed so it’s easy to tell if they need the score or not

Yea I don't think Albany was on the list when I signed up yesterday. Maybe they no longer require it this year?

Yea I don't think Albany was on the list when I signed up yesterday. Maybe they no longer require it this year?

Okay great! Now I have to start figuring out what I’m gonna do with my extra $10

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
@Washerman @GoPackGo97 @FishingPole95 Have you all taken Casper already? I'm pre-writing secondaries now - do you think it's worth taking a few days to prepare for the Casper? And do you know where to find a current list of schools that require it? It's frustrating they don't include it on MSAR...

@Washerman @GoPackGo97 @FishingPole95 Have you all taken Casper already? I'm pre-writing secondaries now - do you think it's worth taking a few days to prepare for the Casper? And do you know where to find a current list of schools that require it? It's frustrating they don't include it on MSAR...
If you go on casper's official site, it should let you see all the schools that require it. I think you could honestly prepare yourself for it in 2 days and prewrite secondaries at the same time (that's what i did). I just wanted to get it out of the way so its scored and ready to go once secondaries officially come out

Reactions: 1 users
If you go on casper's official site, it should let you see all the schools that require it. I think you could honestly prepare yourself for it in 2 days and prewrite secondaries at the same time (that's what i did). I just wanted to get it out of the way so its scored and ready to go once secondaries officially come out

Yea, allocating 2-4 days of Casper prep should be enough. a couple hours a day should be fine, so you can keep pre-writing secondaries during this time.

2 questions: 1) how should we prepare for Casper? After reading the site it seems like there isnt very much "preparing" you can do. 2) I am also pre-writing last years secondary essays, how should we approach questions like "Describe yourself?" I have seen some other schools with questions like this that just seem so vague. And in 1000 characters or less, come on!

2 questions: 1) how should we prepare for Casper? After reading the site it seems like there isnt very much "preparing" you can do. 2) I am also pre-writing last years secondary essays, how should we approach questions like "Describe yourself?" I have seen some other schools with questions like this that just seem so vague. And in 1000 characters or less, come on!

1) This is a controversial question: some will say you don't need to prepare, others say that you should.

To prepare, I took the 2020-2021 simulation exam. I also found an article online on how to answer ethical dilemmas. They suggested formatting your answers through this five-step process: problem, perspective, responsibility, decision, and justification. And lastly, I just made sure that I had examples of personal struggles or ethical situations that I have experienced when they ask for them.

2) Yeah, this secondary question is really vague. For this essay, I talked about my interests outside of medicine. I like visiting ancient geoglyphs and learning more about Native American history. Tied that into being a lifelong learner

Rising M2 here, feel free to dm me with any questions.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any one struggling with the final question "Tell us one thing about yourself that would help the Admissions Committee determine if you should be admitted to our program." this is last years question bank so not sure if it will appear again but how should i approach this question ?

Any one struggling with the final question "Tell us one thing about yourself that would help the Admissions Committee determine if you should be admitted to our program." this is last years question bank so not sure if it will appear again but how should i approach this question ?

I will probably approach it as a diversity question or if you can tie in something you have done / are passionate about to part of their mission.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone willing to swap secondaries for Albany?

I'm not seeing it on the list. Can anyone confirm if Albany requires CASPer??

I don't believe they require CASPer. Atleast I did not see them when I signed up for it

Just to clear up the FUD, I talked to the adcoms and they do not require it this cycle. They did the last few cycles which is probably the etiology of the confusion.

Reactions: 5 users
Secondary received today! BUT... the link doesn't work and says "bad URL". Is this happening to anyone else?

I'm getting the "bad URL" message, as well. I tried opening the link on both Google Chrome and Safari.

Can some post the secondary questions? Just submitted my primary today

Has anyone received secondaries? I'm IS and I haven't, I'm getting worried.

Received the secondary a few days ago, submitted today. Anyone know if we have to finalize after the supplemental is verified? I am not able to "finalize" and submit for review yet so wondering if we get an email to do so.

Same prompts as last year but also with this:

The COVID-19 epidemic has changed the landscape of medicine. Please tell us how the COVID-19 epidemic has changed the landscape of medicine from your perspective. (You will have an opportunity to specifically discuss impacts to your coursework/grades in a separate item.) 1000 characters

Same prompts as last year but also with this:

The COVID-19 epidemic has changed the landscape of medicine. Please tell us how the COVID-19 epidemic has changed the landscape of medicine from your perspective. (You will have an opportunity to specifically discuss impacts to your coursework/grades in a separate item.) 100 characters

100 characters?? I don't think I can even fit a sentence in a 100 characters

Any in-state peeps not get it? Submitted primary 6/1

Is anyone else still getting an error message with the link or figured out how to fix it

+1 secondary OOS received 7/20. Also received an error message and wondering what's up

anyone still not receive a secondary?

Reactions: 10 users