2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any out of staters complete in early august hear anything here?
mid september here and nothing. but it seems like other sept people have already gotten IIs. have they been sending out pre II Rs too?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
mid september here and nothing. but it seems like other sept people have already gotten IIs. have they been sending out pre II Rs too?
Sep complete and haven’t heard anything from AMC either :( hoping that they send out more IIs

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any other early November people hear back. Confused why certain people heard on Friday and I am still waiting. I'm prepared for a UC decision at best, but it would still be nice to know.
Interviewed 11/9 -- still waiting as well. Sending you some positive energy. Hoping for some good news for the both of us.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Any one know when UC movement begins this year/has there been any clarity?

II this afternoon! OOS complete early Sept.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Did anyone who interviewed on November 20 or after receive a decision yet?

Did anyone who interviewed on November 20 or after receive a decision yet?
I'm not expecting a decision for awhile (interviewed 12/2), but just FYI during my interview they mentioned they were pretty back-logged and to expect up to 6 weeks for a decision

II this afternoon too!! Complete 9/14 OOS

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Any other early November people hear back. Confused why certain people heard on Friday and I am still waiting. I'm prepared for a UC decision at best, but it would still be nice to know.
I interviewed 11/9 and just got the UC email :(

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah interviewed the exact same day and still haven't heard a thing lol. Crazy

But keep your head up! A lot of people get accepted after being put on UC.
They told us during the interview about 90% of their class just this last year was off the UC

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Reactions: 5 users
Is there an admitted student group on some platform? Did I miss that, somehow? lol

• Haha
RIP to me. Just was checking the portal and realized I never clicked the finalize button. Been sitting on that for over two months now.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
RIP to me. Just was checking the portal and realized I never clicked the finalize button. Been sitting on that for over two months now.
I did that too and finalized everything last month. I got an interview the other day, it’s not over!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
518-262-5521 was the number. The person on the phone said the school has to manually check off for you and there can be delays (?). Anyway, if you sent it, they will have it on file and she will be able to process it for you guys. ALSO, even if she offers to finalize the app for you, please check a day after because my app wasn’t finalized.

AND, choose option 2 not 4. I don’t think anyone picks up the phone if you choose 4 (you will know what I mean when you call)
Really late to the game here, just submitted my secondary on Sunday (12/13) and am anxiously awaiting a clickable finalize button (deadline is tonight). I called today and they said they can manually finalize on their end and it should be reflected in the portal... It sounds like this didn't work properly for you though? I don't want to get my hopes up haha

My portal is showing the "Items received as 12/10" so I'm not sure if it will reflect all items submitted/app finalized when the portal updates or if I'll likely need to finalize myself

• Care
Really late to the game here, just submitted my secondary on Sunday (12/13) and am anxiously awaiting a clickable finalize button (deadline is tonight). I called today and they said they can manually finalize on their end and it should be reflected in the portal... It sounds like this didn't work properly for you though? I don't want to get my hopes up haha

My portal is showing the "Items received as 12/10" so I'm not sure if it will reflect all items submitted/app finalized when the portal updates or if I'll likely need to finalize myself
It didn’t for me, so I got lucky by checking the portal the next day. I’m not sure if it was a glitch or not, I’d check in with the office though!

The finalize your application schtick is so stupid. I had initially forgotten to finalize my app in August because I assumed payment was the final step. Which is really my bad since they make it clear in the emails prior of what to do. So I actually finalized my app in September - Octover after being made aware of it on the Premed subreddit. Or so I thought... because I am now getting a message in December reminding me once more to finalize my app.

If I didnt get acceptances and interviews elsewhere I would be rather upset. I have no idea why you would design an application process to be so peculiar. I truly dont understand AMC whatsoever

The finalize your application schtick is so stupid. I had initially forgotten to finalize my app in August because I assumed payment was the final step. Which is really my bad since they make it clear in the emails prior of what to do. So I actually finalized my app in September - Octover after being made aware of it on the Premed subreddit. Or so I thought... because I am now getting a message in December reminding me once more to finalize my app.

If I didnt get acceptances and interviews elsewhere I would be rather upset. I have no idea why you would design an application process to be so peculiar. I truly dont understand AMC whatsoever
do they send confirmation for it? my finalize button is just grayed out, so I assume that means that I already hit it. but I never got a confirmation email for it I don't think

do they send confirmation for it? my finalize button is just grayed out, so I assume that means that I already hit it. but I never got a confirmation email for it I don't think
You are good

Man, I'm bummed. I had no idea about this "finalize" business. I just now got the e-mail and finalized my app. So I guess this school's not gonna happen. Maybe they'll get around to my application by June lol.

Man, I'm bummed. I had no idea about this "finalize" business. I just now got the e-mail and finalized my app. So I guess this school's not gonna happen. Maybe they'll get around to my application by June lol.
I was SO paranoid about this when I applied. I seriously don't understand why they have this

I made the same mistake as a few of you as well by not clicking the finalize button :/ On top of that, Albany was one of two schools I didn’t have on my secondary portal bookmarks bar that I checked regularly bc I was a bit neurotic checking for other schools.... I guess sometimes it isn’t meant to be 😓

I made the same mistake as a few of you as well by not clicking the finalize button :/ On top of that, Albany was one of two schools I didn’t have on my secondary portal bookmarks bar that I checked regularly bc I was a bit neurotic checking for other schools.... I guess sometimes it isn’t meant to be 😓
I literally don't check any of them lol. What other schools have this sort of policy?

Letters received days ago and secondary submitted earlier today. Still not able to hit that finalize button.

Deadline in two hours. RIP

Hi guys, is our application automatically be withdrawn if we don't hit finalize? I submitted my secondary earlier today and the finalize button was not enabled for me ://

Hi guys, is our application automatically be withdrawn if we don't hit finalize? I submitted my secondary earlier today and the finalize button was not enabled for me ://
No idea. Try emailing them? I think it won't hurt to write to them.

I think you should be ok actually! I called admissions today and they said as long as you were pending by last night you should be ok. I was able to hit the finalize button today (secondary/fee submitted on 12/13).

Letters received days ago and secondary submitted earlier today. Still not able to hit that finalize button.

Deadline in two hours. RIP
All hope isn't lost! I was in a similar situation (still pending last night and not able to hit finalize until now). I called admissions and was told that as long as you were pending by last night and hit finalize when you can, your application will be reviewed. So keeping checking for that finalize button over the next few days and maybe give admissions a call to confirm!

Reactions: 2 users
All hope isn't lost! I was in a similar situation (still pending last night and not able to hit finalize until now). I called admissions and was told that as long as you were pending by last night and hit finalize when you can, your application will be reviewed. So keeping checking for that finalize button over the next few days and maybe give admissions a call to confirm!

That's a relief. I wasn't expecting much anyway so late in the cycle but nice to know I would technically still be considered.

as long as you were pending by last night and hit finalize when you can, your application will be reviewed.

They should really spell that out clearly on that FAQ page. For all the trouble they go to explaining this extra step and the materials deadlines, they never actually state that 'pending,' is okay for their deadline.

They could argue that serious applicants would have had these items in already, and they would be right. Obviously, they (and us, the applicants) want everything submitted and finalized well before the deadline, but still... clearly write these things out for stressed-out premeds.

This finalize button nonsense is almost as bad as Ohio State's application system.

Ah good to know guys! I am still waiting for my button to appear haha...everything else says yes besides the ready for review which says no... :/

Just curious, does anyone know if there are many scribes still working in ER's and on the frontline of the pandemic?

Just curious, does anyone know if there are many scribes still working in ER's and on the frontline of the pandemic?

I am. Getting the vaccine this weekend :)

• Care
That's a relief. I wasn't expecting much anyway so late in the cycle but nice to know I would technically still be considered.

They should really spell that out clearly on that FAQ page. For all the trouble they go to explaining this extra step and the materials deadlines, they never actually state that 'pending,' is okay for their deadline.

They could argue that serious applicants would have had these items in already, and they would be right. Obviously, they (and us, the applicants) want everything submitted and finalized well before the deadline, but still... clearly write these things out for stressed-out premeds.

This finalize button nonsense is almost as bad as Ohio State's application system.
Honestly, the instructions make it sound like you DO have to finalize before the deadline... that's why I'd recommend sending an email or calling as well. I'm sharing what I was told, but I don't have it in writing lol

I'm wondering if they're making an exception or something. I'm not expecting too much either since it's so late in the cycle, but I'm just hoping it wasn't a complete waste of time and money

Anybody who interview on Nov 19 or after get news of decisions yet?