2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
loading for the secondary app to be checked

Typically takes a couple days, when I submitted it was complete like 24-48 hours later IIRC

you need to manually submit it at the bottom of the app status page when its complete by clicking finalize

*edited for clarification

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sorry for double posting but will anyone else not be able to sleep tn in anticipation of A releases lol

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone today and onward! May the A's be ever in your favor

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
I interviewed recently and during the interview they said most people remain "under review". Does anyone know how common that is based on prior years and what the average chance of getting in A is if you do hear that your application is "under review"?

I interviewed recently and during the interview they said most people remain "under review". Does anyone know how common that is based on prior years and what the average chance of getting in A is if you do hear that your application is "under review"?

I don't have an exact answer but when I interviewed in september they said that very few people will know on the 15th and A's will trickle in as they process the applications. Where do you see your application is under review? All I have is the app status from when I submitted my secondary

Reactions: 1 user
I don't have an exact answer but when I interviewed in september they said that very few people will know on the 15th and A's will trickle in as they process the applications. Where do you see your application is under review? All I have is the app status from when I submitted my secondary
I don't see this anywhere in the portal. That's just what I was told on interview day. They say you pretty much either get accepted, rejected, or remain under review. I think they said it's not a WL, but it's still ranked. I was a little confused.

I don't see this anywhere in the portal. That's just what I was told on interview day. They say you pretty much either get accepted, rejected, or remain under review. I think they said it's not a WL, but it's still ranked. I was a little confused.

Idt that you will know how your app is going until you hear a definitive response from them. At this point it is way too early to tell where we are at other than we are still under consideration

M2 here, a sizeable proportion of people who are not outright rejected after the interview are put "under consideration." I was under consideration for quite some time before getting accepted. This is definitely normal.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
M2 here, a sizeable proportion of people who are not outright rejected after the interview are put "under consideration." I was under consideration for quite some time before getting accepted. This is definitely normal.

Did A's even come out today? This page was unusually quiet lol

Congratulations!! Happy to see some movement. When did y’all interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
sooo if we haven't heard anything and interviewed in september do we assume we got the R?

sooo if we haven't heard anything and interviewed in september do we assume we got the R?

Accepted! Congrats to everyone who has received A's so far. I can't wait to start!!!

Also probably not, I wouldn't read too much into not getting in on the first day they sent out A's. Remember that schools accept hundreds more students than than they matriculate

Reactions: 7 users
Under consideration; interviewed 9/23
Fingers crossed that an A is coming my way ):

Not necessarily. I don’t think Albany does silent R’s. If you look at last year’s SDN, people got notifications at different times even if they interviewed the same day!
I interviewed 10/1 and haven’t received anything yet. We can wait together :) Hoping for the best!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Does Albany offer scholarships to first year med students to offset some of the cost of tuition?

just submitted my secondary here, heres to hoping for the best!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I told myself I wouldn't post on SDN school-specific threads this year, but I'm just really bummed out about this school tbh.

Last time I applied, I got an interview invite here and made it to the under consideration list, and then eventually the waitlist. I remember so fervently hoping to get in, and bothering the admissions office a frankly upsetting amount for updates, etc etc etc. After the cycle ended, they were kind enough to give me post-WL feedback.

Since then, I have improved my application massively. I took my MCAT score from the low 510s to the 520s, I quintupled my clinical experience, I added research, I wrote my primary and secondary better, submitted everything on Day 1, and added a bunch of other small things such as more commitment to hobbies as well. Maybe this comes off as arrogant, but I felt like since they liked me enough to waitlist me last cycle and my app is way better now, there was no way I wouldn't be a strong candidate here and get an early II.

Well, it's already late October and still nothing. Admittedly, I did get my II later than October last cycle, so it's not like it's impossible that I'll get one, and I don't know how far they are through sending IIs at this point--but every day my chances of getting one get lower and lower :(

• Care
I told myself I wouldn't post on SDN school-specific threads this year, but I'm just really bummed out about this school tbh.

Last time I applied, I got an interview invite here and made it to the under consideration list, and then eventually the waitlist. I remember so fervently hoping to get in, and bothering the admissions office a frankly upsetting amount for updates, etc etc etc. After the cycle ended, they were kind enough to give me post-WL feedback.

Since then, I have improved my application massively. I took my MCAT score from the low 510s to the 520s, I quintupled my clinical experience, I added research, I wrote my primary and secondary better, submitted everything on Day 1, and added a bunch of other small things such as more commitment to hobbies as well. Maybe this comes off as arrogant, but I felt like since they liked me enough to waitlist me last cycle and my app is way better now, there was no way I wouldn't be a strong candidate here and get an early II.

Well, it's already late October and still nothing. Admittedly, I did get my II later than October last cycle, so it's not like it's impossible that I'll get one, and I don't know how far they are through sending IIs at this point--but every day my chances of getting one get lower and lower :(

Totally valid that you feel that way. However, there is still a lot of time left before the panic phase. Albany has always been a high volume app school. Now that interviews are virtual and folks are applying to more programs with reduced travel expenses, they likely have even more to sort through. Don't think of it as every day chances are decreasing....think of it as every day they're getting closer to seeing your app and going, "WOW. This person REALLY turned it around!"

• Care
@dindjarin87 appreciate the kind words fam, I will try (and probably fail lol) to see it that way <3

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
@dindjarin87 appreciate the kind words fam, I will try (and probably fail lol) to see it that way <3

You stated above that you had a massive improvement in your app, it's way too early to say what your admissions decision is! We have no idea when we'll hear back from a school until we do. Not only is it early, but it's incredibly important to not take admissions decisions personally. We apply to many different schools because no school is a guaranteed acceptance, and we shoot our shot everywhere!

dindjarin87 is completely correct in saying that we are no where near the panic phase.

Chin up :)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
@LetMeINNNNNN I do feel you on that, however with 0 IIs 3+ months after being complete, it is hard to feel like it's still early :( That said I will keep pushing through and hopefully will eventually see something in my inbox

• Care
Reactions: 5 users

I feel you about this situation in general, not with AMC specifically but with schools in general. I pulled my MCAT up from the low 510's to the low 520's too, got more clinical experience, and I haven't heard back from any schools yet! Not even from the 4 schools I was waitlisted at last cycle!

Maybe we really just have to be patient given how the pandemic has changed things. The problem is that I don't know when not having any II's this year begins to be a very bad sign. Traditionally, Thanksgiving is the usual time to start worrying. I have no idea when to start panicking and funnily enough, that's what's making me anxious about this process!

I feel you about this situation in general, not with AMC specifically but with schools in general. I pulled my MCAT up from the low 510's to the low 520's too, got more clinical experience, and I haven't heard back from any schools yet! Not even from the 4 schools I was waitlisted at last cycle!

Maybe we really just have to be patient given how the pandemic has changed things. The problem is that I don't know when not having any II's this year begins to be a very bad sign. Traditionally, Thanksgiving is the usual time to start worrying. I have no idea when to start panicking and funnily enough, that's what's making me anxious about this process!

Even though most medical schools are proceeding as if it is "business as usual" (as students on here say constantly). They are absolutely not. They can't be. The two-week delay in AMCAS transmission creates an inherent bottleneck in the process. Think of how many applicants submit in that two period. There are that many more applications the admissions office is inundated with in their first month of processing.

Additionally, as previously mentioned, applicants are submitting to more schools because of reduced travel expenses. However, admissions offices have not expanded their teams to accommodate the increase in volume.

Even if their timelines reflect a similar schedule to previous years, the number of applications and timing of when they review that has changed. My guess is that Thanksgiving is like scratch the surface week and no word by New Years might be panic time. As the admins on here always say....proceed as if you have the R...because until you have the A....you do have the R. Which I know that you know @BeingForItself. So much respect for you to be here for round four. Hopeful for you, friend. That is a massive MCAT improvement and I am confident it will pay off for you!

Accepted! Congrats to everyone who has received A's so far. I can't wait to start!!!

Also probably not, I wouldn't read too much into not getting in on the first day they sent out A's. Remember that schools accept hundreds more students than than they matriculate

Congratulations on your acceptance.
I have a question. My interview is on a Monday and the welcome sessions I believe are on a Tuesday/Wednesday. Are the sessions mandatory, I am having a hard time calling out from work? Do you know if it is possible to have the interview, and then go to the session.

Thanks (I am also emailing Adcom).

I have a question. My interview is on a Monday and the welcome sessions I believe are on a Tuesday/Wednesday. Are the sessions mandatory, I am having a hard time calling out from work? Do you know if it is possible to have the interview, and then go to the session.

Thank you! iirc the sessions are not mandatory but wasnt the wording in the email that it is highly encouraged that you go? I’m sure that if you email them they will be understanding given the pandemic and all.

Best of luck on your interview you’re going to crush it!!

Last edited:
Welpppp I just realized I never hit the finalized button :( I'm doomed now

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Welpppp I just realized I never hit the finalized button :( I'm doomed now

Sorry about that mate. I was neurotic for 3 days after I submitted my app, due to that ridiculous button.

I was unable to attend the welcome session as well due to work. I didn't contact the school or anything about it and I received an acceptance. So, while it is obviously beneficial to attend, it probably won't be the thing that prevents you from getting an A if you don't.

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations LetMeINNNNNN!!! How great do you feel?

Walking on clouds is an understatement, after getting 5 Rs this cycle so far, 1 post II, it was definitely welcomed

Thank you for all the support :')

OMG SAME!!!!! and I submitted my app on 10/5. better late than never i guess? :bang:
My finalize button has been greyed out for months. All of my stuff says "yes" next to is, no pendings at all. Not sure if I clicked finalize a while ago or if its just always been this way. Sent an email to admissions a few weeks ago and got an automated response, nothing personalized yet.

Did your button go grey after you finalized?

My finalize button has been greyed out for months. All of my stuff says "yes" next to is, no pendings at all. Not sure if I clicked finalize a while ago or if its just always been this way. Sent an email to admissions a few weeks ago and got an automated response, nothing personalized yet.

If your finalize button is greyed out and has been for months then you completed the app!

Last edited:
Is there anyway to get ahold of anyone from the school? I have emailed with no luck. My Mcat scores have not been received and it’s been about 6 weeks

Accepted just now! Interviewed 10/7/2020!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Accepted!!! OMG. I’m shaking. I interviewed 10/1

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Accepted this morning! They’re in the vicinity!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users

I think you already finalized but probably forgot haha all my stuff now says "yes" and my finalize button is greyed out as well. it became greyed out after i clicked on it yesterday to officially submit my application. you can always email/call the office just to double check though!