2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's a relief. I wasn't expecting much anyway so late in the cycle but nice to know I would technically still be considered.

They should really spell that out clearly on that FAQ page. For all the trouble they go to explaining this extra step and the materials deadlines, they never actually state that 'pending,' is okay for their deadline.

They could argue that serious applicants would have had these items in already, and they would be right. Obviously, they (and us, the applicants) want everything submitted and finalized well before the deadline, but still... clearly write these things out for stressed-out premeds.

This finalize button nonsense is almost as bad as Ohio State's application system.
Update! They emailed me back and said they see my app was finalized and that it's in line for review. So it sounds like as long as you hit that finalize button you should be good! Try reaching out to them via email if you're worried about it, they responded in 2 days which was way faster than I was expecting!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
has anyone called to understand when UC movement occurs? from my understanding it can occur any time but also seems like it hasn't happened very much

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone called to understand when UC movement occurs? from my understanding it can occur any time but also seems like it hasn't happened very much
From looking at last years forum it seems that people came off of the UC list pretty frequently and the first person came off in late october/early nov (if I remember correctly.) That obvi doesn't seem to be the case this year, so I am somewhat anticipating a big wave of people to come off of the UC list sometime soon(ish). idk tho, just hopeful speculation on my part.

From looking at last years forum it seems that people came off of the UC list pretty frequently and the first person came off in late october/early nov (if I remember correctly.) That obvi doesn't seem to be the case this year, so I am somewhat anticipating a big wave of people to come off of the UC list sometime soon(ish). idk tho, just hopeful speculation on my part.
i would really like that to happen :')

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who interviewed around 11/16 hear a decision yet?
Still waiting! The decisions should be out this week. I was hoping it would be today because it marks the 5 weeks from the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Still waiting! The decisions should be out this week. I was hoping it would be today because it marks the 5 weeks from the interview.
I'm also still waiting! Did they tell you we'd hear back 5 weeks from the interview? They just mentioned maybe December but I was thinking holidays would delay that.

I'm also still waiting! Did they tell you we'd hear back 5 weeks from the interview? They just mentioned maybe December but I was thinking holidays would delay that.
When I interviewed early December they said to give about 6 weeks because of the Holidays. I'm getting so anxious:rofl:

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
They said to wait 4 to 5 weeks or after the holidays :/

A just now!! Interviewed 11/9. They really kept me in the dark lol. I was getting nervous.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
A this morning! Interviewed 11/13 :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Just received an II! OOS, LizzyM of 70. Wish me luck. Complete date August 1st.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
After acceptance, is it necessary to submit FAFSA for 2020-2021? Since first year of class would be for the 2021-2022 year?

Accepted this morning via email!! OOS, interviewed 11/16

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
When submitting the deposit, do we put anything else in the envelope? Wasn't sure if we needed to print out and sign Honor Code?

When submitting the deposit, do we put anything else in the envelope? Wasn't sure if we needed to print out and sign Honor Code?
i sent the check alone! i sent it through priority mail just to have a tracking number (for my own sanity)

Hi everyone, II today, finished application 7/22, didn't realize finalize button existed (10/2 actually submitted like a dumb butt), LM 70, OOS, Interview Scheduled for 1/15

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
II today!! My first one! Finalized 11/16

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 19 users
Deleted, posted on the wrong school page haha.

Last edited:
  • Haha
if you have clicked "finalize" will you still have this message in your portal?

"Please note: This category will be updated once we receive all requirements listed above and you have hit the "Finalize" button below."

I thought I pressed it. it is all grayed out and not clickable anymore. but this message makes it seem like I haven't clicked it yet

if you have clicked "finalize" will you still have this message in your portal?

"Please note: This category will be updated once we receive all requirements listed above and you have hit the "Finalize" button below."

I thought I pressed it. it is all grayed out and not clickable anymore. but this message makes it seem like I haven't clicked it yet

You’re good. It says that forever. I’ve already interviewed and mine still says it. If it says “yes” by “your file is complete and ready for review” then you’re all good

Hello Everyone, I'm writing here because I am extremely confused and its really freaking me out. I was completed on September 17th and I made sure to press the finalize button. I've been lurking on this forum and noticing how people who completed in November have gotten II or responses or Rejections but I have heard NOTHING. I made sure to press finalize, the application year is 2021, is that correct ? At this point I am second guessing everything. Anyway I also have a 3.96 gpa, biochem major, 512 MCAT and am in-state. I am hesitant to call the admissions committee because I've heard they don't want us bothering them. So I'm just really confused as to why I have not received any responses from them. Maybe I did something wrong? The application year maybe? Or maybe they just have not gotten to me. Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hello Everyone, I'm writing here because I am extremely confused and its really freaking me out. I was completed on September 17th and I made sure to press the finalize button. I've been lurking on this forum and noticing how people who completed in November have gotten II or responses or Rejections but I have heard NOTHING. I made sure to press finalize, the application year is 2021, is that correct ? At this point I am second guessing everything. Anyway I also have a 3.96 gpa, biochem major, 512 MCAT and am in-state. I am hesitant to call the admissions committee because I've heard they don't want us bothering them. So I'm just really confused as to why I have not received any responses from them. Maybe I did something wrong? The application year maybe? Or maybe they just have not gotten to me. Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.
there's no telling why they havent contacted you specifically, but if it helps you feel better, I was complete in early august and have also not heard back. they dont necessarily review applications in chronological order. 2021 is the right year because we would start school in 2021. don't overthink it. most likely they just havent prioritized the review of your application (and mine). there's no telling why. but it could be any number of variables. as long as you hit finalize im sure your app will be reviewed. I would take it easy for now, give it maybe 3-4 weeks and then if you still dont hear back and you're anxious about it, you can always follow up with them and mention that you just want to be sure your app was complete on their end.

there's no telling why they havent contacted you specifically, but if it helps you feel better, I was complete in early august and have also not heard back. they dont necessarily review applications in chronological order. 2021 is the right year because we would start school in 2021. don't overthink it. most likely they just havent prioritized the review of your application (and mine). there's no telling why. but it could be any number of variables. as long as you hit finalize im sure your app will be reviewed. I would take it easy for now, give it maybe 3-4 weeks and then if you still dont hear back and you're anxious about it, you can always follow up with them and mention that you just want to be sure your app was complete on their end.
+1 complete in August, silence.

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah my anxiety just gets the better of me sometimes. Thanks for responding though!

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew the address the check needs to be sent to and who the check needs to be made out to? Did you put your AMCAS ID in the memo section of the check? Not finding a lot of information about how to send this deposit check. Thank you for your help!
i sent the check alone! i sent it through priority mail just to have a tracking number (for my own sanity)

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew the address the check needs to be sent to and who the check needs to be made out to? Did you put your AMCAS ID in the memo section of the check? Not finding a lot of information about how to send this deposit check. Thank you for your help!
3. Submit Deposit. A $100.00 deposit is required. A personal check or money order should be made payable to the Albany Medical College to reserve a place in the class. Your deposit must be received by the Admissions Office within a week of the submission of your completed documents. Please remit your deposit to:

Albany Medical College
Office of Admissions, Mail Code 3
47 New Scotland Avenue
Albany, NY 12208-3479

Write your AMCAS ID on the check.

Congrats as well! It was low stress for me, kind of conversational, and overall a really great overall experience, I really like this school and everyone I met was SUPER nice. I also highly recommend going to the student panel thing, it’s really great and informative.
Curious over here: What did you wear for the student panel event? Were most in suits/blazers?

Soooo when do we think the next round of decisions will drop lol.

Soooo when do we think the next round of decisions will drop lol.
Soon™, after our holistic review.

Ah good to know guys! I am still waiting for my button to appear haha...everything else says yes besides the ready for review which says no... :/

I emailed them before the deadline, no response. Then it appeared three days later, and I clicked it. Then about a week after finalizing, admissions finally emailed me back and said no further action is needed because the records said I clicked finalized.👨‍💻

• Haha
Curious over here: What did you wear for the student panel event? Were most in suits/blazers?
Yes!!! Everyone was in “interview clothes” so suit/tie etc. The med students answering questions though were in regular clothes. I recommend just wearing “interview clothes” since youd def wanna dress to impress haha

Anyone happen to receive an A from the UC list recently? I was placed on it on 11/4 and haven't heard much movement.

anyone else complete in July and complete silence so far?
do they accept update letters?

anyone else complete in July and complete silence so far?
do they accept update letters?
The FAQ on their website says they do not accept update letters, though they will accept grade updates.

I believe based on the thread if you receive an II you have the opportunity to provide a short update at the point, though I am not sure about that.

The FAQ on their website says they do not accept update letters, though they will accept grade updates.

I believe based on the thread if you receive an II you have the opportunity to provide a short update at the point, though I am not sure about that.
This is true. When you go to sign up for an interview date, they provide a space for a short update for anything you’ve done since applying.

This is true. When you go to sign up for an interview date, they provide a space for a short update for anything you’ve done since applying.
thank u!

The finalize your application schtick is so stupid. I had initially forgotten to finalize my app in August because I assumed payment was the final step. Which is really my bad since they make it clear in the emails prior of what to do. So I actually finalized my app in September - Octover after being made aware of it on the Premed subreddit. Or so I thought... because I am now getting a message in December reminding me once more to finalize my app.

If I didnt get acceptances and interviews elsewhere I would be rather upset. I have no idea why you would design an application process to be so peculiar. I truly dont understand AMC whatsoever
that happened to me too. it is so annoying that they designed it this way. I know they said it in the instructions but when applying to so many schools like we do it can be easy to miss stuff like this. I did not make this mistake last year.