2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, does anybody know how long the Finantial Aid aoolication essays should be? They don’t really mention any guidelines in the application.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The chance of getting off the UC list at this point I think is <20%, so pretty slim. According to the MSAR, last cycle they interviewed 793 and matriculated 139, which should stay about the same this year. Usually 300-350 A's are given out.
 
The chance of getting off the UC list at this point I think is <20%, so pretty slim. According to the MSAR, last cycle they interviewed 793 and matriculated 139, which should stay about the same this year. Usually 300-350 A's are given out.
Although I tend to agree with your number of <20%, how did you extrapolate that?
 
Although I tend to agree with your number of <20%, how did you extrapolate that?
~200 accepted so far (est from FB), 700 interviewed, leaves 500 undecided/under consideration. 300 generally accepted, 100 estimated spots left. 100/500= 20%

edit: I actually contend that the chances are higher than 20% since this estimate doesn’t account for withdrawals from both the applicants accepted already AND the applicants who will withdraw/be rejected from UC.
 
~200 accepted so far (est from FB), 700 interviewed, leaves 500 undecided/under consideration. 300 generally accepted, 100 estimated spots left. 100/500= 20%

edit: I actually contend that the chances are higher than 20% since this estimate doesn’t account for withdrawals from both the applicants accepted already AND the applicants who will withdraw/be rejected from UC.
Hey give me a 25% chance to get off of UC, and a 15-20% chance to get off the waitlist and I'll live with those odds lol.
 
Interviewed late March. Received the Certiphi email this morning and AMC is now listed on my CYMS tool. My first A!! Can’t wait for the formal email 🙂
Congrats!! Mind saying the exact interview day you had? I also interviewed late March and was wondering if decisions on my day have been made
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I recall correctly, schools will see this and have the right to rescind their admission offers.
Oh man. There is a school that hasn't provided me with any financial aid info and won't until June. I'd like to see how much they are giving before narrowing down my option to just 1 school. But this April 30th deadline wouldn't allow me to do this.
 
Oh man. There is a school that hasn't provided me with any financial aid info and won't until June. I'd like to see how much they are giving before narrowing down my option to just 1 school. But this April 30th deadline wouldn't allow me to do this.
I would probably take this up with the schools in anticipation of this and confirm with them that this is the reason you haven’t decided yet. I’m sure they can be accommodating given the circumstances.
 
I would probably take this up with the schools in anticipation of this and confirm with them that this is the reason you haven’t decided yet. I’m sure they can be accommodating given the circumstances.
My ex-roommate had this situation and the schools did not care. They said that’s the rule across the board no exceptions, she ultimately picked her first choice turned out financial aid was about the same
 
My ex-roommate had this situation and the schools did not care. They said that’s the rule across the board no exceptions, she ultimately picked her first choice turned out financial aid was about the same
How'd your ex-roommate end up knowing about the financial aid if they withdrew their acceptance?