2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah, i did! i called and but wasn't able to get through but hopefully they'll get back to me next week
Did you get a reply after sending a withdrawal email?

Members don't see this ad.

I noticed a few people withdrawing acceptances, can I ask why?
I’m broke and got more scholarship $ from another school lol. Also wanted to narrow down As to 3 by the 15th.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
I still place my bet on Friday. It’s really only been one business day since 4/15.

Also, does anybody know how long the Finantial Aid aoolication essays should be? They don’t really mention any guidelines in the application.

so im just curious if anyone else never got their pre-ii R from here?

Reactions: 4 users
I think just assume it's an R at this point if you havent gotten an II. Once people withdraw their A, they'll have plenty of people on the UC list to pick from.

Reactions: 1 user
Still have not received anything. Not sure if I should be expecting an interview once people withdraw their acceptance or just assume it is a rejection.
theyre saving us for if all the people on the UC drop out

• Haha
imagine the feeling of opening up an email from Albany and seeing "Congratulations" on the subject line...
"Congratulations we saw you recently applied to our MD program but we think you'd be a great fit for our masters in public health instead!"

• Haha
Seems like people are withdrawing their acceptances
Right, but now it depends on the quantity of people withdrawing their acceptances and whether or not AMC has correctly accounted for the acceptances being withdrawn?

Right, but now it depends on the quantity of people withdrawing their acceptances and whether or not AMC has correctly accounted for the acceptances being withdrawn?
You can bet your a$$ they’ll correctly fill the missing seats. They want that tuition money.

The chance of getting off the UC list at this point I think is <20%, so pretty slim. According to the MSAR, last cycle they interviewed 793 and matriculated 139, which should stay about the same this year. Usually 300-350 A's are given out.

The chance of getting off the UC list at this point I think is <20%, so pretty slim. According to the MSAR, last cycle they interviewed 793 and matriculated 139, which should stay about the same this year. Usually 300-350 A's are given out.
Although I tend to agree with your number of <20%, how did you extrapolate that?

There's always a shot until there is no shot. I've heard of them calling people 3 weeks before classes start.

Although I tend to agree with your number of <20%, how did you extrapolate that?
~200 accepted so far (est from FB), 700 interviewed, leaves 500 undecided/under consideration. 300 generally accepted, 100 estimated spots left. 100/500= 20%

edit: I actually contend that the chances are higher than 20% since this estimate doesn’t account for withdrawals from both the applicants accepted already AND the applicants who will withdraw/be rejected from UC.

Reactions: 2 users
^ Yeah, that's what I did except I used 800 for the number of total interviewed ( based off of last years 793 Interviews and I think that's what they told us on Interview day too)

~200 accepted so far (est from FB), 700 interviewed, leaves 500 undecided/under consideration. 300 generally accepted, 100 estimated spots left. 100/500= 20%

edit: I actually contend that the chances are higher than 20% since this estimate doesn’t account for withdrawals from both the applicants accepted already AND the applicants who will withdraw/be rejected from UC.
Hey give me a 25% chance to get off of UC, and a 15-20% chance to get off the waitlist and I'll live with those odds lol.

Has anyone been rejected after interviewing? Or has everyone been put on the UC list?

Has anyone been rejected after interviewing? Or has everyone been put on the UC list?
I'm sure there have been. They said so during the interview days. Also, ppl are less likely to post II Rs

Interviewed late March. Received the Certiphi email this morning and AMC is now listed on my CYMS tool. My first A!! Can’t wait for the formal email :)

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Interviewed late March. Received the Certiphi email this morning and AMC is now listed on my CYMS tool. My first A!! Can’t wait for the formal email :)
Congrats!! Mind saying the exact interview day you had? I also interviewed late March and was wondering if decisions on my day have been made

Does anyone know what will happen if we do not narrow our choices down to 1 school, once it is April 30th?

Does anyone know what will happen if we do not narrow our choices down to 1 school, once it is April 30th?
If I recall correctly, schools will see this and have the right to rescind their admission offers.

If I recall correctly, schools will see this and have the right to rescind their admission offers.
Oh man. There is a school that hasn't provided me with any financial aid info and won't until June. I'd like to see how much they are giving before narrowing down my option to just 1 school. But this April 30th deadline wouldn't allow me to do this.

Oh man. There is a school that hasn't provided me with any financial aid info and won't until June. I'd like to see how much they are giving before narrowing down my option to just 1 school. But this April 30th deadline wouldn't allow me to do this.
I would probably take this up with the schools in anticipation of this and confirm with them that this is the reason you haven’t decided yet. I’m sure they can be accommodating given the circumstances.

I would probably take this up with the schools in anticipation of this and confirm with them that this is the reason you haven’t decided yet. I’m sure they can be accommodating given the circumstances.
My ex-roommate had this situation and the schools did not care. They said that’s the rule across the board no exceptions, she ultimately picked her first choice turned out financial aid was about the same

My ex-roommate had this situation and the schools did not care. They said that’s the rule across the board no exceptions, she ultimately picked her first choice turned out financial aid was about the same
That’s a damn shame :(