2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! So i got the same thing and was soo confused? My portal hasn't changed and I didn't receive any emails but when I got on my AMCAS choose my Easter basket tool it basically says I've been accepted here! So weird I really hope its not a glitch!!

that’s pretty funny, and congrats to you both!! ^_^ do you mind sharing when you interviewed/received the background check email?
I interviewed on 3/10 and received the background check email 3/31. I check the AAMC choose your med school tool 4/1 and it listed AMC under schools that I was accepted to.
 
I know most of us are on UC right now, but how many do we think have been accepted to the school in total so far?

My guess would be ~200, about ~100 A’s left to give for UC and later waitlisted folks. Total guess based off 166 people in the class of 2025 FB page and that would make sense based on the point in the cycle, who knows though lol
 
Do we know approx how many people usually get UC/WL vs R? Also, will there be more movement this cycle b/c of virtual interviews ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do we know approx how many people usually get UC/WL vs R? Also, will there be more movement this cycle b/c of virtual interviews ?
I straight up haven't seen a single post Interview R yet so I think it's either gonna be a bloodbath come WL season, or we all just gonna be in waitlist purgatory 😗
 
UC today--

Can someone explain how exactly UC works? I guess I just don't really understand why they have a ranked UC list if they're going to accept some and waitlist everyone else anyway. Like if not all acceptances have been given out yet, why form a UC list? Why not just have accepted those at the top? Has anyone in this thread actually been accepted from UC at this point?
 
UC today--

Can someone explain how exactly UC works? I guess I just don't really understand why they have a ranked UC list if they're going to accept some and waitlist everyone else anyway. Like if not all acceptances have been given out yet, why form a UC list? Why not just have accepted those at the top? Has anyone in this thread actually been accepted from UC at this point?
There could be a massive UC acceptance wave coming in soon, where they lower the threshold?
 
UC today--

Can someone explain how exactly UC works? I guess I just don't really understand why they have a ranked UC list if they're going to accept some and waitlist everyone else anyway. Like if not all acceptances have been given out yet, why form a UC list? Why not just have accepted those at the top? Has anyone in this thread actually been accepted from UC at this point?

There could be a massive UC acceptance wave coming in soon, where they lower the threshold?
There have been some UC acceptances earlier in the thread, but it has been pretty quiet recently. There may have been people accepted off the UC list that have not posted on SDN. Historically, quite a few accepted students were initially UC at AMC. So UC definitely does not necessarily = WL... but it doesn't necessarily indicate you will likely get the A either lol.
 
Do they send out a lot of Post II R's here or is it mainly just A's and UC's? So out of the 800 interviews, ~200 get the A right away and the rest are UC?
 
There have been some UC acceptances earlier in the thread, but it has been pretty quiet recently. There may have been people accepted off the UC list that have not posted on SDN. Historically, quite a few accepted students were initially UC at AMC. So UC definitely does not necessarily = WL... but it doesn't necessarily indicate you will likely get the A either lol.
So am I understanding it correctly that as they try to hit their full number of A's, they trickle people off the UC list until interview season is over? And once interviews are concluded, the top part of that list gets turned into a WL?
 
Got the certiphi email this morning at 7A, then the acceptance email at 2P. Interviewed 3/24. Submited 10/28/2020.
Congrats!!

So am I understanding it correctly that as they try to hit their full number of A's, they trickle people off the UC list until interview season is over? And once interviews are concluded, the top part of that list gets turned into a WL?
Pretty much. It isn't clear at this point whether they will WL pretty much everyone or do a mix of R/WL. For now, we're in purgatory, welcome aboard 😀. Hopefully 4/30 will bring some good news
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is April 30th the day everyone has to narrow down to 1 A, and when expected UC movement will occur?
I saw on last year’s thread that May 1 was when UC applicants started receiving notice that they were transitioned to WL. So I’m assuming the UC->A movement should hopefully occur prior to that.

edit: looked at 2018-2019 thread and people were getting pulled from UC at the end of April (4/24 specifically). Waitlist was formed on 4/29
 
Last edited:
And after May 1st, there's gonna be roughly 35 ppl coming off of UC for As? (I was looking at some of the AAMC data, not sure I'm understanding it 100% correctly)