2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same!!! It's kinda hilarious that AMC is going to be the last place to tell us we've been accepted there, but I will obviously take it.
that’s pretty funny, and congrats to you both!! ^_^ do you mind sharing when you interviewed/received the background check email?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if this means everyone from March 8th will be either rejected or put under continued consideration...

Hey! So i got the same thing and was soo confused? My portal hasn't changed and I didn't receive any emails but when I got on my AMCAS choose my Easter basket tool it basically says I've been accepted here! So weird I really hope its not a glitch!!

that’s pretty funny, and congrats to you both!! ^_^ do you mind sharing when you interviewed/received the background check email?
I interviewed on 3/10 and received the background check email 3/31. I check the AAMC choose your med school tool 4/1 and it listed AMC under schools that I was accepted to.

Looks like everyone else who interviewed early March probably got UC/R...

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
So if we see Albany on our CMS page should we be expecting a phone call or something today....?
(Interviewed 3/12)

So if we see Albany on our CMS page should we be expecting a phone call or something today....?
(Interviewed 3/12)
I’d check all your spam filters to see if you were already emailed, then a call or email is appropriate.

I’m pretty disappointed with the way AMC handled decisions this wave. Not at all how I was expecting nor wanting to hear about my decision.

Reactions: 1 user
I know most of us are on UC right now, but how many do we think have been accepted to the school in total so far?

I know most of us are on UC right now, but how many do we think have been accepted to the school in total so far?

My guess would be ~200, about ~100 A’s left to give for UC and later waitlisted folks. Total guess based off 166 people in the class of 2025 FB page and that would make sense based on the point in the cycle, who knows though lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Aye yo I'm just depressed at this point.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Do we know approx how many people usually get UC/WL vs R? Also, will there be more movement this cycle b/c of virtual interviews ?

Do we know approx how many people usually get UC/WL vs R? Also, will there be more movement this cycle b/c of virtual interviews ?
I straight up haven't seen a single post Interview R yet so I think it's either gonna be a bloodbath come WL season, or we all just gonna be in waitlist purgatory :1whistle:

At this point AMC can just send me an acceptance email and then say "April Fools" for me to feel anything.

• Care
  • Haha
UC today--

Can someone explain how exactly UC works? I guess I just don't really understand why they have a ranked UC list if they're going to accept some and waitlist everyone else anyway. Like if not all acceptances have been given out yet, why form a UC list? Why not just have accepted those at the top? Has anyone in this thread actually been accepted from UC at this point?

UC today--

Can someone explain how exactly UC works? I guess I just don't really understand why they have a ranked UC list if they're going to accept some and waitlist everyone else anyway. Like if not all acceptances have been given out yet, why form a UC list? Why not just have accepted those at the top? Has anyone in this thread actually been accepted from UC at this point?
There could be a massive UC acceptance wave coming in soon, where they lower the threshold?

There could be a massive UC acceptance wave coming in soon, where they lower the threshold?
I hope we make the cut. I think this whole UC system is a bit strange but with AMC clutching my future in their hands I'm in no position to criticize.

UC today--

There have been some UC acceptances earlier in the thread, but it has been pretty quiet recently. There may have been people accepted off the UC list that have not posted on SDN. Historically, quite a few accepted students were initially UC at AMC. So UC definitely does not necessarily = WL... but it doesn't necessarily indicate you will likely get the A either lol.

Do they send out a lot of Post II R's here or is it mainly just A's and UC's? So out of the 800 interviews, ~200 get the A right away and the rest are UC?

Got the certiphi email this morning at 7A, then the acceptance email at 2P. Interviewed 3/24. Submited 10/28/2020.

There have been some UC acceptances earlier in the thread, but it has been pretty quiet recently. There may have been people accepted off the UC list that have not posted on SDN. Historically, quite a few accepted students were initially UC at AMC. So UC definitely does not necessarily = WL... but it doesn't necessarily indicate you will likely get the A either lol.
So am I understanding it correctly that as they try to hit their full number of A's, they trickle people off the UC list until interview season is over? And once interviews are concluded, the top part of that list gets turned into a WL?

Got the certiphi email this morning at 7A, then the acceptance email at 2P. Interviewed 3/24. Submited 10/28/2020.
Congrats!!

So am I understanding it correctly that as they try to hit their full number of A's, they trickle people off the UC list until interview season is over? And once interviews are concluded, the top part of that list gets turned into a WL?
Pretty much. It isn't clear at this point whether they will WL pretty much everyone or do a mix of R/WL. For now, we're in purgatory, welcome aboard :D. Hopefully 4/30 will bring some good news

UC as well. Interviewed early march

• Care
Are they still sending out II lol?
As someone who is sitting in the exact same boat, I'm gonna guess that they're not. Just about all MD schools seem to be wrapping things up :(

As someone who is sitting in the exact same boat, I'm gonna guess that they're not. Just about all MD schools seem to be wrapping things up :(
I wish they didn't wait this long just to send the pre-II R. I was complete so early in the cycle.

I wish they didn't wait this long just to send the pre-II R. I was complete so early in the cycle.
Agreed. I was complete fairly early, but am among those who forgot to hit "finalize," then realized it several months later. There were some colorful words...lol

For those of you recently accepted:

Anybody know dress code for second look day? Is it casual or interview clothes?

Is April 30th the day everyone has to narrow down to 1 A, and when expected UC movement will occur?

Is April 30th the day everyone has to narrow down to 1 A, and when expected UC movement will occur?
I saw on last year’s thread that May 1 was when UC applicants started receiving notice that they were transitioned to WL. So I’m assuming the UC->A movement should hopefully occur prior to that.

edit: looked at 2018-2019 thread and people were getting pulled from UC at the end of April (4/24 specifically). Waitlist was formed on 4/29

Last edited:
And after May 1st, there's gonna be roughly 35 ppl coming off of UC for As? (I was looking at some of the AAMC data, not sure I'm understanding it 100% correctly)

To the admissions staff at Albany, can you stop sending me rejection emails? I received my 3rd rejection email today...

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Fridays just traumatize me now.

• Haha