2020-2021 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I sent one and got the early A. It can’t hurt and they seem to like them so might as well
Just to clarify, did you mean early as in December? Or recently in January? I thought they only do December and March decisions

Members don't see this ad.

is it worth it to send a second update? i sent one end of October after my interview about a COVID-related report i did. my new update will include the fact that the city actually used the report to inform their public health policies and asked me to do another report to further inform their policies. is this significant enough to send or should i hold off?

Reactions: 1 user
is it worth it to send a second update? i sent one end of October after my interview about a COVID-related report i did. my new update will include the fact that the city actually used the report to inform their public health policies and asked me to do another report to further inform their policies. is this significant enough to send or should i hold off?
I interviewed in mid November and I was debating of sending another update. I don’t have anything too significant to add though

Members don't see this ad :)
I’d hold off unless you had something else in addition, that’s cool but idk if it’s significant enough on its own

So I guess those of us who haven't received R's or II's should just wait around for the mass end of cycle R at this point?

Reactions: 1 users
I would send it, if I were you! It sounds significant enough to me.

And even if it weren't significant, the very least it could do is show them that you're interested, which BUSM seems to appreciate. Basically, it can't hurt and there's a chance that it could help. Good luck! :)

For people that have a new LOR to upload: did you do so through the AMCAS letter system?

does anyone know if it is expected that you have a new letter of rec if you interviewed recently like within the last month?

does anyone know if it is expected that you have a new letter of rec if you interviewed recently like within the last month?
In the follow up email they state that “if you are involved in employment, research, or other significant work that is new, we would like to receive a letter from your research mentor or supervisor.”

Does anyone know if the open house will be in person or virtual? Also, is it scheduled for April 10th or 11th? The portal says 11th but for some reason I wrote down the 10th on my notes - just want to make sure I have the date right.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the open house will be in person or virtual? Also, is it scheduled for April 10th or 11th? The portal says 11th but for some reason I wrote down the 10th on my notes - just want to make sure I have the date right.

I'm pretty sure they said April 10th on the acceptance e-mails. At that time, they stated that they were unsure whether it would be in-person or virtual. AFAIK, no official decision has been released.

Any conspiracy theories about when we will hear in March? I am so anxious to hear back and the wait is killing me (both excitement and nerves). My guess is March 10

Any conspiracy theories about when we will hear in March? I am so anxious to hear back and the wait is killing me (both excitement and nerves). My guess is March 10

The reason they wait is so they can see how many people chose them on the choose my medical school tool. It comes out 19th this year same as last year meaning acceptances will likely come out around same week as last year. So it will most likely be the week of the tenth

I personally did not. I wonder at what point they review all the apps before sending out decisions in March...
At my interview in January, all they said was they reviewed all apps some time in February, with decisions coming early March (i.e. before March 15).

Does anyone know what the 'CITIZENSHIP MATCH' item is on the financial aid portal? i can't find info on what they want us to upload for that

Based on the email they sent out, second look will be virtual on April 10 :(

Thank you!
I can't even find a number for their financial aid office, I called the main admissions line but went to voicemail immediately. I left them a message, so we'll see when they get back to me.

just got a pre-II R, complete in august. expecting it but still hurts lol

• Care
Got deferred in December, let’s hope we all can finally hear some good news. I hope the chances of A are high🙂

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Why do you think it will be Thursday? I wish they just said the date so we could localize our anxiety to 1 day rather than diffusely lol

I think it’s tomorrow. It came on a wendsday last year

Did the date this year for the first round of acceptances match up to the last few years?
Just a way to judge if they’re on track or if the second round is going to come out later than usual.

Did the date this year for the first round of acceptances match up to the last few years?
Just a way to judge if they’re on track or if the second round is going to come out later than usual.
That’s a lot of work to check. I do know they already met.

• Okay...
I think it was exactly the same date for 2020 and 2019 (December 11 for calls) but feel free to correct me if my sleuthing was off. So I think it's reasonable to expect a decision this week.

Reactions: 1 users
Are we thinking today or tomorrow? What time did decisions start coming out last year?

sorry if this has been answered before but do calls or emails go out first?