2020-2021 Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
huh, I could've sworn I saw it say that somewhere. I might be mistaken, sorry for that mate
The website says they send interviews till the end of March, so they likely interview through April.

Members don't see this ad.

can anyone speak on the interview process for this cycle? I know the email says we have 2 interviews with 2 different adcom members but is each interview the same types of questions or did they vastly differ? any advice on how to prep?
i had one student and one faculty interviewer. both like 50-60 mins.

Still waiting. No news from them :/

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last interview of the year will be on 4/28/2021, stated in their file completion email! They review applications until 3/31/2021.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
II today after sending an update in mid January! 505 MCACT, 3.0 uGPA & 3.7 masters GPA and URM. If anybody has advice from their interivews, it would be much appreciated!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Interviewed early Feb, got the acceptance email today!!! First acceptance I’m so happy 😭

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
A today(interviewed last week)!!!!!! I am so beyond happy and excited( ::::::::: time to buy a real winter jacket

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone speak on the interview process for this cycle? I know the email says we have 2 interviews with 2 different adcom members but is each interview the same types of questions or did they vastly differ? any advice on how to prep?
Thank you! LM 62.9, re-applicant, URM, IS. I can jam to anything with a good beat haha

I'm a virgo if that helps
Outstanding on all accounts!! Thanks! Congratulations!!

Reactions: 1 users
First acceptance!! Super happy! Received acceptance on March 12. Interviewed on March 4. URM, 3.7 gpa, 500 MCAT, strong ECs and recommendation letters! I hope this helps anyone else!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Hello everyone, I’m new to sdn. Been on the waitlist at UB for months now. Anyone have any clue on how many more acceptances are going to be sent out?

depends on who’s doing the interviews really, I had two physicians/faculty. Both asked general med interview questions but while one really drilled me about my application, the other turned into a conversation about my background and students like me that they’d had.

II last Friday. What days do they do interviews? I received a broad range... which is in just a couple days. I want to make sure I can take off work.

Reactions: 1 user
II last Friday. What days do they do interviews? I received a broad range... which is in just a couple days. I want to make sure I can take off work.
They'll let you know when. I let them know which days worked best for me and they worked with me to make it work. They're super quick with emails so get on it asap so they can try to accommodate you.

Any current students @ Buffalo that could talk about student life? Also, can you apply to MD/MPH after matriculating?

How long does it take them to send the zoom link for the interview and assigned date/time? They said I'd hear back no later than today, but I haven't heard anything yet.

How long does it take them to send the zoom link for the interview and assigned date/time? They said I'd hear back no later than today, but I haven't heard anything yet.
I got it on the night of the last day. You should probably hear back by tonight

Does anyone know how many seats are still available and/or IIs left?

• Hmm
Does anyone know if both the student and faculty interviewer have open access to our file, or is this blind for just the student

Does anyone know if both the student and faculty interviewer have open access to our file, or is this blind for just the student
I had 2 faculty interviews, didn’t have a student interview. I would assume all interviewers have access.

Any current students @ Buffalo that could talk about student life? Also, can you apply to MD/MPH after matriculating?
Hi! Feel free to PM me specific student life questions I'd be happy to answer (I'm an M1). I'm not sure about MD/MPH but I think I remember hearing this is possible. According to School of Public Health and Health Professions website, they have webpages for MD/MPH combined programs and they seem to say once accepted talk with a dean, and apply to MPH during second year.

Open for both at least activities-wise. My student interviewer even saw my update letter.

I have the Student Q&A label today, what's the dress code, and are we going to have to do anything beyond ask some questions?

You can apply to the MD/PhD program after your first semester of M1 year

I have the Student Q&A label today, what's the dress code, and are we going to have to do anything beyond ask some questions?
It's very informal with M1s & M2s, so no real dress code. It's your opportunity to ask any questions you have about the school, student life, etc. Also fun to see your fellow applicants who may be classmates in the near future! Very low stress for the applicants.

Yup for preclinical years, then it is H/HS/S/U for the clinical years
Not exactly. We are pass fail but they keep track of quintiles and they said if a residency asks for that information then they are obligated to tell them.

It seems like UB has been gradually accepting people off the WL recently. Should we still accept a large wave of acceptances in April/May?

At which point do you give up hope of getting off the WL?

It seems like UB has been gradually accepting people off the WL recently. Should we still accept a large wave of acceptances in April/May?

I have a friend who got off the WL the first day of classes...a rarity but it does happen

Where are you seeing they have started pulling people off the waitlist? Just curious

Based on what people are reporting on this page. I’m assuming a lot more people got accepted than what is posted here.

All people who received A’s on here recently (since around mid-winter if I recall) indicated that they had an interview within week or two prior to their A. I don’t think they are WL movement, just outright A’s, so it may not indicate that there has been any movement in the past few months. There is no way to know.

Reactions: 2 users
All people who received A’s on here recently (since around mid-winter if I recall) indicated that they had an interview within week or two prior to their A. I don’t think they are WL movement, just outright A’s, so it may not indicate that there has been any movement in the past few months. There is no way to know.
That’s what I have been seeing. They had a few pulled of the WL in December right before holiday break, which they historically do. Other than that, there has been no WL movement mentioned on this page. Obviously that’s not completely representative of their applicants, just saying.

That’s what I have been seeing. They had a few pulled of the WL in December right before holiday break, which they historically do. Other than that, there has been no WL movement mentioned on this page. Obviously that’s not completely representative of their applicants, just saying.
Yeah I guess you’re right. The wait is just getting to me. 2nd time applicant, really want to avoid a 3rd round.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Had one of my interviews and my interviewer said "good luck on your journey" instead of "I hope to see your here" Let the overthinking begin lol

• Care
Reactions: 4 users