2020-2021 Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if Buffalo is True P/F and whether or not they have internal rankings? I know they participate in AOA, which factors in some sort of ranking, but are there explicit rankings that will be put on residency letters and such?
There are internal rankings, I talked with admissions about this. They are P/F. The only way you can really track your grades is if you keep a spreadsheet of them. Residency letters will have some level of ranking mention

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there anyone that has been, or knows anyone who has been, rejected from Jacobs this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope not yet. I did submit an update/interest letter since I have been complete since August with no communication.
Hold up, is Jacobs not telling anyone if they were rejected or not? Silent Rs?

II today:):::::: MY FIRST MD INTERVIEW I AM SO EXCITED WOW

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Members don't see this ad :)
would you mind sharing which email you sent the update letter to? I would really appreciate it.
not OP but I sent an update to Donna Ball. Unfortunately the committee doesn’t review post interview updates bust she said she added it to my application anyway

Did anyone else who received a recent interview invite, email Donna for confirmation and get an automated out of office reply?

not OP but I sent an update to Donna Ball. Unfortunately the committee doesn’t review post interview updates bust she said she added it to my application anyway
Do you mind sharing who said they don’t review post interview updates? I’ve been told multiple times they are very welcoming of updates...seems odd they’d go to the trouble of adding them to files if they won’t even review them.

Do you mind sharing who said they don’t review post interview updates? I’ve been told multiple times they are very welcoming of updates...seems odd they’d go to the trouble of adding them to files if they won’t even review them.
was also told to send updates during my interview. Emailed Ms. Donna Ball but was told the adcom can’t view those. if you know anywhere else I’d be able to send updates that’d be great but I guess it’s just a waiting game for me at least

Glad to see II are still going out. Sent an update letter in December and other than the "we will add this to your application", I've gotten radio silence :(

Reactions: 2 users
Glad to see II are still going out. Sent an update letter in December and other than the "we will add this to your application", I've gotten radio silence :(
MSAR states IIs are being sent till the end of march btw

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
sameee, got the same reply in december. do you guys thinks its a good idea to send a letter of interest rn if we've already sent an update letter anyways?

Anyone know when we can see waitlist movement based on previous cycles?

Anyone know when we can see waitlist movement based on previous cycles?
Unfortunately, I don't think using previous cycles is appropriate this year. In previous cycles, they started waitlist movement as soon as a week after placing students on the waitlist...even starting in Nov/Dec. This cycle is just so different, I don't think there is really any accurate way to predict. At the very least, they should start in late April/early May like "most" schools. They did accept a few off the waitlist in December and then silence since. Hang in there.

Yeah, I don't think they'll be sending out as much IIs this late in the cycle

Wow. Congrats! Please share stats, dietary choices, astrological sign, etc. Thanks
lol, this is my 4th interview (all NY schools so far)
3.55 cGPA 3.37 sGPA, 517 MCAT, 2 gap years spent as a 5th grade teacher, and my qualifications for buffalo are that I love the snow. Completed in late August, sent an update letter around January. This was the first I'd heard back from Buffalo since August.

Reactions: 5 users
lol, this is my 4th interview (all NY schools so far)
3.55 cGPA 3.37 sGPA, 517 MCAT, 2 gap years spent as a 5th grade teacher, and my qualifications for buffalo are that I love the snow. Completed in late August, sent an update letter around January. This was the first I'd heard back from Buffalo since August.
Thanks for sharing! Way to go!

Withdrew today pre-II. Best of luck to those still in the running, and congratulations to those who are accepted and going to Jacobs!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Congrats! Do you know what the available II dates were?
All I was told was that it would take place between this Thursday and next Wednesday. NGL, it's actually super frustrating that I can't choose a date/time; I'm a teacher and I can't really take time off without telling my supervisor.

Anyone know when they'll tell me when my interviews will be?

All I was told was that it would take place between this Thursday and next Wednesday. NGL, it's actually super frustrating that I can't choose a date/time; I'm a teacher and I can't really take time off without telling my supervisor.

Its usually the tuesday before, but its only a 45 minute block if that helps

For what it’s worth they were very receptive to my request for a specific time when I interviewed in November. I had recently started a new job and had no PTO so they were able to schedule me the Friday after Thanksgiving when my office was closed. They did send an email back saying they couldn’t “guarantee it” because of faculty availability for interviews, but I’m certain they would be just as understanding of your schedule and work commitments. So I’d just email the interview coordinator back ASAP to let them know when you’re available.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm wondering if anyone has received rejection letter from the school yet. I haven't heard anything back from August. :(

I'm wondering if anyone has received rejection letter from the school yet. I haven't heard anything back from August. :(
Same boat, complete August. I believe they interview through April but at this point, it's very unlikely (but not impossible) to receive an II here.

Does anyone know how many seats are still open?

• Care
Are II's all done at this point?
Although I can't say with 100% confidence, I objectively do not think buff is done with IIs yet. 1) Buff interviews til late April I believe. 2) It seems like Buff likes to schedule interviews for 1-2 weeks ahead, so if I am correct, they should be scheduling for mid/late March slots currently. Considering the two points, Buff should not be done with IIs just yet

• Care
Although I can't say with 100% confidence, I objectively do not think buff is done with IIs yet. 1) Buff interviews til late April I believe. 2) It seems like Buff likes to schedule interviews for 1-2 weeks ahead, so if I am correct, they should be scheduling for mid/late March slots currently. Considering the two points, Buff should not be done with IIs just yet
They said on the website that their last interview is end of March

• Sad
They said on the website that their last interview is end of March
where did you find that? I just checked and they say "We invite approximately 600 candidates to interview and conduct interviews from August through April."

where did you find that? I just checked and they say "We invite approximately 600 candidates to interview and conduct interviews from August through April."
huh, I could've sworn I saw it say that somewhere. I might be mistaken, sorry for that mate

huh, I could've sworn I saw it say that somewhere. I might be mistaken, sorry for that mate
No you are good! Honestly I don’t think we will ever know the real truth, but Buff does have a super long interview season

can anyone speak on the interview process for this cycle? I know the email says we have 2 interviews with 2 different adcom members but is each interview the same types of questions or did they vastly differ? any advice on how to prep?