2020-2021 Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thats odd cuz my interviewer told me October 15 but also said "who knows it might be later cuz of covid"
I’m thinking the m
I was also told in my interview that decisions typically come out 10/15, but later on during the Q&A panel I heard the same thing about late November/early December as a possible timeframe to hear any decisions.
I wonder why so late. It seemed like decisions are made a few days after the interview anyways too

Members don't see this ad.

Omg no way!!! Did they give a reason as to why?
No reason was given, but Dr. Daniels himself was the one that told us so it's legit

P.S. If I'm proven wrong and we all get accepted today, drinks after our first exam are on me :)

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
n e 1 receive an A yet after ur II? lol ion wanna wait no mo

How does one get an II from here? Complete in mid August

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if Buffalo is receptive to updates? Can't find any info on this and there's nowhere to upload on the portal

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today as well!!! Interviewed 9/21

• Love
Accepted today!!!!!!!! Interviewed 9/8. SOO happy to be able to stay here :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
In the student panel yesterday they said they're not releasing any decisions until around thanksgiving :/. I interviewed the first week of September for reference

wow, suuuuuuuuper stoked that this was not completely true. On the bright side, what a nice surprise!

Anyone else not hear today?

Same. Interviewed on the first week of this month. From what I understand about the process, I'm pretty sure that they first admit people they REALLY want in their school. Those with the highest overall "admissions score" that they give to applicants to determine admission. So someone that interviewed last week that has a really high "score" that they use for admissions could get an acceptance faster than someone with a lower overall "score" that interviewed much earlier. Not necessarily due to GPA/MCAT and stuff, just whatever they score your overall application as.

This might've been obvious to you but I just felt like sharing lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Same. Interviewed on the first week of this month. From what I understand about the process, I'm pretty sure that they first admit people they REALLY want in their school. Those with the highest overall "admissions score" that they give to applicants to determine admission. So someone that interviewed last week that has a really high "score" that they use for admissions could get an acceptance faster than someone with a lower overall "score" that interviewed much earlier. Not necessarily due to GPA/MCAT and stuff, just whatever they score your overall application as.

Username does NOT check out

• Haha

so you’re saying today was the top tier buffalo applicants or the top tiers will be this whole week?

so you’re saying today was the top tier buffalo applicants or the top tiers will be this whole week?

Well I don't know if they're gonna continue accepting people this whole week, but in general schools accept applicants they consider top tier/best fit for their school first. I know people who've gotten into schools that they interviewed at like 2 weeks ago whereas people who interviewed a month or more ago didn't hear anything yet.

Today was a mixed bag with a wide range of MCAT scores.
Though one thing is certain complete date for most must've been in July.
Nah my one friend was complete in september and interviewed only like 3 weeks ago and got in yesterday too. They had a low mcat but are an older nontrad with like 7 years working as a mental health counselor so thats a huge plus

Reactions: 2 users
Nah my one friend was complete in september and interviewed only like 3 weeks ago and got in yesterday too. They had a low mcat but are an older nontrad with like 7 years working as a mental health counselor so thats a huge plus
Wow congrats to your friend. But this further tells me that there is no order to these acceptances. P wild.

Alright, I’m assuming if you interviewed in September and didn’t get an acceptance on Friday then you did not get accepted right?

Wow congrats to your friend. But this further tells me that there is no order to these acceptances. P wild.
Yeah. There is still a ton of time left for them to send acceptances to people that have already interviewed but it does appear that they sent them first to people based on what they think they want. Buffalo tends to really like University at Buffalo undergrads so that plays a part too

Received II invite 10/29. IS complete late September. Does anyone know if it will reflect poorly on my app if I can't attend the Q&A session?

Has any OOS student received a interview or acceptance?

Are we thinking they will continue to send acceptances this week? I interviewed 9/16 and thought it went really well. Getting nervous.

Are we thinking they will continue to send acceptances this week? I interviewed 9/16 and thought it went really well. Getting nervous.
I interviewed a week before and also feel like it went very well. Starting to think interviews don’t matter as much as I thought.

Reactions: 1 users
Just placed on waitlist. Absolutely baffled as to why. My suspicion about interviews was confirmed.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just placed on waitlist. Absolutely baffled as to why. My suspicion about interviews was confirmed.
I think they place a majority of their interviewees on the waitlist. I talked to a current student who said ~60% of class came from waitlist

Reactions: 3 users
I think they place a majority of their interviewees on the waitlist. I talked to a current student who said ~60% of class came from waitlist
Thank you for that. I appreciate it. My app just couldn’t have been more geared towards them so it’s a sad day for me. Thank you for the stat though

waitlisted right now :/ sigh

• Care
they just sent me an email for their graduate program after waitlisting me insult to injury haha
ive heard their WL movement is crazy but still we wont hear back till late in the cycle :/

Curious if anyone might know the answer to this: The post II A rate listed on the Google Doc at the top of this forum (and every forum), does that number include those that were waitlisted and then accepted?

Curious if anyone might know the answer to this: The post II A rate listed on the Google Doc at the top of this forum (and every forum), does that number include those that were waitlisted and then accepted?
Yes, waitlist is included