You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Buffalo
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
BeepboopCosmic2019
Full Member
Hello, does anyone know if they accept pre-II update letters? I am IS, secondary complete 7/13, 516, 3.93 gpa and I still haven't heard anything after completing the secondary app.
I have been working full time since submitting my primary app and have accumulated 700 hours of clinical experience and I would like to share that with this school. What should I do?
I have been working full time since submitting my primary app and have accumulated 700 hours of clinical experience and I would like to share that with this school. What should I do?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Zulka
Full Member
Yes, they do!Hello, does anyone know if they accept pre-II update letters? I am IS, secondary complete 7/13, 516, 3.93 gpa and I still haven't heard anything after completing the secondary app.
I have been working full time since submitting my primary app and have accumulated 700 hours of clinical experience and I would like to share that with this school. What should I do?
I emailed Laura Yusick and she said you can submit it to her in a pdf format and she'll attach it to your file.
WL just now. Interviewed 8/27
edit: I know in the past they’ve pulled people off the waitlist as early as like 3 weeks after placing them on it. But considering they took 13+ weeks to give me a response, I’m not too hopeful. Is it worth an update (I have two new jobs)?
edit: I know in the past they’ve pulled people off the waitlist as early as like 3 weeks after placing them on it. But considering they took 13+ weeks to give me a response, I’m not too hopeful. Is it worth an update (I have two new jobs)?
Last edited:
flyinglotus12
Full Member
WL Interviewed 11/24
A this morning!! My first one 🙂 Interviewed 11/12.
qwertyjuice
Full Member
Waitlisted, interviewed in September.
RosieRose924
Full Member
Waitlisted this morning as well, interviewed 9/21
D
deleted1054798
Waitlisted. Whats crazy to me is that they have 6 k applicants this year already when they had 4k last year. A lot more people applied wow.
Interesting, where did you get this information from? Also do you know if they plan on only interviewing the same number of applicants as usual ~600?Waitlisted. Whats crazy to me is that they have 6 k applicants this year already when they had 4k last year. A lot more people applied wow.
D
deleted1054798
the waitlist email said they had 6k applicants and msar has last years data which is around 4k. No clue how many they interviewed tho. Id assume a little more.Interesting, where did you get this information from? Also do you know if they plan on only interviewing the same number of applicants as usual ~600?
Thank you for the information, as someone who interviewed last year and hasn't been invited yet this scares me lolthe waitlist email said they had 6k applicants and msar has last years data which is around 4k. No clue how many they interviewed tho. Id assume a little more.
D
deleted1054798
Best of luck to ya man. It’s just crazy to me how even with covid more people applyingThank you for the information, as someone who interviewed last year and hasn't been invited yet this scares me lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten a sense if they are handing out fewer A's at this point this year than in past years? It seems like they are being pretty conservative with letting people in?
Is there a facebook group for accepted students yet?
Hi there! M1 here, we didn’t have a Facebook page until mid-March last year. I think it’s creation is up to the Orientation Committee (which to my knowledge hasn’t been formed yet).Is there a facebook group for accepted students yet?
hello m1.... what % of ur class would u say came from the WL?Hi there! M1 here, we didn’t have a Facebook page until mid-March last year. I think it’s creation is up to the Orientation Committee (which to my knowledge hasn’t been formed yet).
Thank you!!Hi there! M1 here, we didn’t have a Facebook page until mid-March last year. I think it’s creation is up to the Orientation Committee (which to my knowledge hasn’t been formed yet).
Well n=1 but last year, my friend got her II in mid-Feb at Buffalo and the A a few days later.jacobs said that they are accepting Jan. mcat cuz of covid. With that in mind, what are the chances of getting an II and an A after Feb?
A large amount of our class comes from the waitlist! And they usually start pulling people around now with the majority being pulled in the spring.hello m1.... what % of ur class would u say came from the WL?
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Any OOS complete mid-August with no communication yet? Still no R, WL, or II.
not a word!Any OOS complete mid-August with no communication yet? Still no R, WL, or II.
hoping to receive II from buff as an IS applicant 😳...I haven't received any IS II so I am just a bit sad hahah. I know Buff rather has a long interview season, does anyone know when they stop sending IIs?
Honey_BeeMD
Full Member
Anyone know if this school (md-PhD program) accepts update letters?
wpneuro
Full Member
Yeah, they do! Just email them to Dr. Taylor and Ms. Sandor.Anyone know if this school (md-PhD program) accepts update letters?
Honey_BeeMD
Full Member
Amazing, thank you!Yeah, they do! Just email them to Dr. Taylor and Ms. Sandor.
Anyone on the WL try sending a letter of intent? And if you did who to?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
inked.cuse
Full Member
Does anyone know if they are giving updates on where you stand on the waitlist ?
premedxpremed
Full Member
+1! radio silent!Any OOS complete mid-August with no communication yet? Still no R, WL, or II.
retro2021
Full Member
+2+1! radio silent!
Last edited:
D
deleted649998
Accepted just now!!! I interviewed December 5th, literally in tears! This is my first acceptance!
Congratulations!Accepted just now!!! I interviewed December 5th, literally in tears! This is my first acceptance!
D
deleted1083350
Accepted this morning!
For those who will ask: interviewed 11/27, non-trad (worked at Roswell Park for 4 months this summer), IS, 508, and 3.73 cumulative! My husband is going to UB law school so we’re thrilled to be able to set our roots down finally!
For those who will ask: interviewed 11/27, non-trad (worked at Roswell Park for 4 months this summer), IS, 508, and 3.73 cumulative! My husband is going to UB law school so we’re thrilled to be able to set our roots down finally!
inked.cuse
Full Member
When did you interview ?Accepted off the waitlist today!!
Mayor_Chano
Full Member
Congrats to everyone that got accepted!! I'm a little salty about not hearing back yet given the fact that I did my undergrad here and have competitive stats/ECs. I know they review apps in a random order, but it still hurts because I am very much in love this city. It's starting to make me favor the other IS schools more. 🙁
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Do you know when they stop sending IIs here? Same position, still haven't heard back after submitting secondary mid-August. OOS.Congrats to everyone that got accepted!! I'm a little salty about not hearing back yet given the fact that I did my undergrad here and have competitive stats/ECs. I know they review apps in a random order, but it still hurts because I am very much in love this city. It's starting to make me favor the other IS schools more. 🙁
BillsM024
New Member
Mid AugustWhen did you interview ?
inked.cuse
Full Member
Follow up Q lol, when were you put on the waitlist?Mid August
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It sure does feel like it. Been complete for a while and silence. 😭Does buffalo do silent Rs?
Anyone know when the last interview for December is scheduled?
D
deleted880065
Received my II on 12/4, I had my interview on 12/14Anyone received an interview recently, since start of November, know when they are scheduled out till? Interviewed last year and silent for me so far
Thanks for this information, makes me feel a lot better! Best of luck going forwardReceived my II on 12/4, I had my interview on 12/14