2020-2021 Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It'll be really interesting to see how they extend acceptances using only the VITA as reference.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If we were in the first round of IIs, is the general consensus that the earliest we'll hear back is Oct 15th?

+1 I really hope so. It would be nice to know on oct 15th that I wouldn't need have have anymore existential crises lol

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Are they known to have rejected students prior to or on 10/15 too?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 I really hope so. It would be nice to know on oct 15th that I wouldn't need have have anymore existential crises lol
I actually emailed Zachary and asked and he said it would take 6-8 weeks from the submission of your VITA!

Did anyone who received a II this past week receive a VITA invite today? Or does it take time from when you agree to it through the portal?

I actually emailed Zachary and asked and he said it would take 6-8 weeks from the submission of your VITA!

Me and everyone else waiting those 6-8 weeks lol

1601567626064.png

Reactions: 6 users
Do they do silent Rs here? Complete 8/4 and have heard nothing.

Did anyone who received a II this past week receive a VITA invite today? Or does it take time from when you agree to it through the portal?

I got my II on Monday and received a VITA invite this morning. I agreed to the VITA interview Monday night through Rosalind's portal. Did you agree already and haven't received it?

Does everyone get VITA?? Should I be worried if I haven't received VITA and I was complete on 08/09 ??

Does everyone get VITA?? Should I be worried if I haven't received VITA and I was complete on 08/09 ??

Not everyone gets VITA. VITA is the only interview that Rosalind is giving out this cycle so it's the equivalent of an II. I think there's still time to get VITA! I just got mine earlier this week and was complete in August as well.

Does anyone know if VITA is only sent out in the morning? I know it only gets sent out on Thursdays, but are they sent out throughout the day?

Does anyone know if VITA is only sent out in the morning? I know it only gets sent out on Thursdays, but are they sent out throughout the day?

I think it gets sent out exactly at 8am eastern

I got my II on Monday and received a VITA invite this morning. I agreed to the VITA interview Monday night through Rosalind's portal. Did you agree already and haven't received it?

Yes, I got II on Monday and immediately agreed which was reflected on my portal. Didn’t get VITA though. Did you ever get a confirmation email about agreeing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I got II on Monday and immediately agreed which was reflected on my portal. Didn’t get VITA though. Did you ever get a confirmation email about agreeing?

That's quite odd. I didn't get a confirmation email about agreeing - after I agreed on their portal, that line became a green checkmark but I didn't receive further confirmation.

EDIT: Have you gotten invited to submit VITA before? If you have, then your pre-recorded interview should be sent automatically to Rosalind. Otherwise if this is your first VITA, it may be worth reaching out to AAMC about it potentially? I'm not really sure unfortunately why it didn't arrive today for you.

Do we know what the post-II to A rate is? Though, I know it might be different because its VITA this year..

Do we know what the post-II to A rate is? Though, I know it might be different because its VITA this year..
761 interviews for 189 spots isn’t half bad. (Per MSAR) Probably about 50% if I had to guess. (Considering all the people who are accepted and go somewhere else)

Tbh I am guessing they had more VITA invites than traditional invites, at least a little bit anyway.

761 interviews for 189 spots isn’t half bad. (Per MSAR) Probably about 50% if I had to guess. (Considering all the people who are accepted and go somewhere else)

Tbh I am guessing they had more VITA invites than traditional invites, at least a little bit anyway.

Considering they don't have the people power to do traditional invites, I doubt they would review more applicants than they normally would considering the time it takes to review the apps in general

My best bet is that they'll try to keep it similar

You have to consider the BMS program ( I did the BMS program) and about 60-70 people from the program get a spot in the met school. So it’s more like 100 spots!

That's quite odd. I didn't get a confirmation email about agreeing - after I agreed on their portal, that line became a green checkmark but I didn't receive further confirmation.

EDIT: Have you gotten invited to submit VITA before? If you have, then your pre-recorded interview should be sent automatically to Rosalind. Otherwise if this is your first VITA, it may be worth reaching out to AAMC about it potentially? I'm not really sure unfortunately why it didn't arrive today for you.
For some reason it was totally delayed. I actually just got the invite about an hour ago!

You have to consider the BMS program ( I did the BMS program) and about 60-70 people from the program get a spot in the met school. So it’s more like 100 spots!

Each med school accepts 500+ people

its not 100 spots

How do you know this? I haven't heard this before and have been super curious!

med schools need to accept many more people than they have spots for because people typically have a choice if they are competitive enough to get into med school, so they want to make sure that they don’t have any empty seats

med schools need to accept many more people than they have spots for because people typically have a choice if they are competitive enough to get into med school, so they want to make sure that they don’t have any empty seats

While your point stands, and thankfully so, it depends on the school. Top tier schools only have to accept maybe 1.5-2 people to fill every seat. Other schools, like Rosalind Franklin have to accept more. Data, which I am sure has some imperfections, but still provides a helpful picture, is found on this sheet.

Reactions: 5 users
While your point stands, and thankfully so, it depends on the school. Top tier schools only have to accept maybe 1.5-2 people to fill every seat. Other schools, like Rosalind Franklin have to accept more. Data, which I am sure has some imperfections, but still provides a helpful picture, is found on this sheet.

omggg thats so helpful ^^ LOL pre-meds are so wild: is there a link to this?

Anyone know how we check that RFU received our completed VITA? Also how are people sending Thank You notes, just making them out to the general admissions email account?

Anyone know how we check that RFU received our completed VITA? Also how are people sending Thank You notes, just making them out to the general admissions email account?

why would you send a thank you note for vita lol, no one personally interviewed you

also no just the confirmation that you wanted to take it, aamc will take care of the rest

omggg thats so helpful ^^ LOL pre-meds are so wild: is there a link to this?
I put the link in my comment, and it just inserts the entire sheet. Sorry for my technological ineptness. I bet if you just googled it you would find it

Does anyone know if they accept application update letters? I have a feeling they don't....

Me realizing that hearing back in 6-8 weeks could be close to the end of November O_O

sorry everyone i didnt mean to be negative. but they have been silent on me and i bet a lot of other people too. and rosy is known for doing this silent thing and then at the end of II season sending you an email saying "sorry, thank you for applying but, we never even read your application. good luck"

sorry everyone i didnt mean to be negative. but they have been silent on me and i bet a lot of other people too. and rosy is known for doing this silent thing and then at the end of II season sending you an email saying "sorry, thank you for applying but, we never even read your application. good luck"
Oooh yeah. RFU is super bad at communications. I think the original poster was referring to the timeframe 6-8 weeks to hear back after doing your interview.

Third Time Re-applicant II last week!

Reactions: 18 users
Finally got to finishing VITA today...I seem to got pretty doable questions. Was pretty busy so I wasn't able to turn it in until 3 weeks or so later lol. I'm really curious as to how much the interview is weighed for decisions.

How likely do you all think we'll hear back from RFU on the 15th?
Not very. Someone posted that admissions Zach said it would be 6-8 weeks from when you do your VITA. I did mine right when I got the II, and six weeks would be Oct 23rd, so I think that’s the earliest? But last year they accepted some on the 15th so who knooooows.

Not very. Someone posted that admissions Zach said it would be 6-8 weeks from when you do your VITA. I did mine right when I got the II, and six weeks would be Oct 23rd, so I think that’s the earliest? But last year they accepted some on the 15th so who knooooows.

In the same boat as you then, thanks for the info/clarification!

Just did the VITA! Hopefully those 6-8 weeks fly by to hear back.

Could one of you please post prompts? Waiting for my primary to get verified so I’m trying to pre-write as much as possible!!
I didn't submit my secondary and received a 'thank you for starting your app to our school" with title there's still time to finish your app. I didn't sumit after then I received another one today stating that in reviewing my file they noticed my missing supplementals and to submit them as soon as possible. GOod sign? lol

I didn't submit my secondary and received a 'thank you for starting your app to our school" with title there's still time to finish your app. I didn't sumit after then I received another one today stating that in reviewing my file they noticed my missing supplementals and to submit them as soon as possible. GOod sign? lol
I mean, not doing the secondary is 100% going to lead to a rejection so might as well if you're interested?

this email sounds more personal correct?
Who knows. Was it a formal looking email (like an image) or was it just written text? They might just send out a reminder email for people who haven't submitted their secondaries because isn't their secondary fee like $125? Gotta get that money.

Who knows. Was it a formal looking email (like an image) or was it just written text? They might just send out a reminder email for people who haven't submitted their secondaries because isn't their secondary fee like $125? Gotta get that money.

Below is the email with their logo at the top.

Time to complete your application is running out.

Dear A___,

Thank you again for beginning the application process for the Allopathic Medicine program at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFU). In reviewing your file, we noticed that we’re still missing supplemental materials.

Please log in to view your application checklist to see what application materials have not been received. If you have not already established your account, you can find your PIN to establish your account as follows: ____. All supplemental materials must be submitted and received before we can review your file and consider you for admission.

You’ve already taken an important step for your future by starting the application process to RFU, a university that’s focused solely on preparing students to shape and serve the future of healthcare. But we can’t process your application until all required materials are received, so we encourage you to submit the remaining application items as soon as possible.

If there is anything we can do to assist you in this process, please contact us in the Office of Admissions and Enrollment.