2020-2021 Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are some schools, not Rosalind it looks like, doing additional II's after the VITA?
Pretty much all of the ones that use VITA will have a real interview after.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Received an email back.

1) VITA will be the only interview tool, but then more info will be provided if you get an acceptance/ waitlist.
2)” The amount of people interviewed changes from year to year, but they do not forsee that there will be an exporbinately large increase in candidates this year, but they reserve the right to increase or decrease the number of candidates asked to interview during the cycle(which typically is September to February)

Take that what you will

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
how soon should you take vita, once you get the invitation

Reactions: 1 user
2)” The amount of people interviewed changes from year to year, but they do not forsee that there will be an exporbinately large increase in candidates this year, but they reserve the right to increase or decrease the number of candidates asked to interview during the cycle(which typically is September to February)

Take that what you will
Lol so basically a long way to answer “we’re interviewing who we want to interview “

So once you go onto your portal and select "I would like to have my VITA interview considered" - will we eventually receive an invite from AMCAS to take the VITA?

So once you go onto your portal and select "I would like to have my VITA interview considered" - will we eventually receive an invite from AMCAS to take the VITA?

yes, so you say you want to have your VITA considered and then on a Thursday Hirevue(the hosting video thing for VITA) will send you an email link for VITA and AAMC will send you a reminder to take VITA.

Did anyone else who was complete in July not get an interview?

Reactions: 5 users
II received 9/9! I was complete on 7/25.
FWIW, I think its best to complete VITA as early as you can/feel ready for RFU as they do rolling admissions. So the earlier you complete VITA the earlier they'll likely make a decision on your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those whom are also neurotic or even simply curious.

The attempt will be to release the outcome of your interview within 8 weeks of completing VITA. However, this is dependent on a student admissions committee and when they decide to meet.

For those whom are also neurotic or even simply curious.

The attempt will be to release the outcome of your interview within 8 weeks of completing VITA. However, this is dependent on a student admissions committee and when they decide to meet.
Student committee???? Errrrrrr

Student committee???? Errrrrrr
emailed an admissions counselor at RFU because curious and they said that they hope to get back to candidates within 8 weeks after they have completed their VITA, but his will depend on when the Student Admissions Committee meets". I feel like it's normal for medical schools to have a committee to evaluate candidates, especially after the interview stage... correct me if I'm wrong ._.

emailed an admissions counselor at RFU because curious and they said that they hope to get back to candidates within 8 weeks after they have completed their VITA, but his will depend on when the Student Admissions Committee meets". I feel like it's normal for medical schools to have a committee to evaluate candidates, especially after the interview stage... correct me if I'm wrong ._.
I’m guessing it’s probably just a Committee that determines who gets to be a Student, just a fancy title for an Admissions Committee, not a group solely of med students determining who gets to be accepted. They are too busy learning to be doctors anyway:

Did anyone with a II specifically write about academic challenges. Trying to see something lol.

So you DID NOT write about an academic challenge? I am thinking about writing about an academic challenge but I feel like if someone else did and got a II I would feel more confident doing it. I feel like they usually look for NON-academic challenges, but this prompt is pretty broad.

So you DID NOT write about an academic challenge? I am thinking about writing about an academic challenge but I feel like if someone else did and got a II I would feel more confident doing it. I feel like they usually look for NON-academic challenges, but this prompt is pretty broad.
Correct, I received an II but did not write about academic challenges. Maybe someone else has!

I wrote about my academic challenges and got an II. I was lazy in college and didn't take my courses seriously so I wrote about owning up to my hedonistic undergraduate years and reinventing myself in my SMP.

I wrote about my academic challenges and got an II. I was lazy in college and didn't take my courses seriously so I wrote about owning up to my hedonistic undergraduate years and reinventing myself in my SMP.
Along the lines of what I am looking to write about. Thank you.

Do we have to wait to receive an interview invite to complete vita? I’m completely lost as to what VITA is and when and how to complete it.

Do we have to wait to receive an interview invite to complete vita? I’m completely lost as to what VITA is and when and how to complete it.
You will do it the first time a med school that uses it invites you for an interview. It’s not available for you to do in advance, the way CASPer is.
Head over to the main AAMC site and search VITA, you will see a thorough explanation there.

You will do it the first time a med school that uses it invites you for an interview. It’s not available for you to do in advance, the way CASPer is.
Head over to the main AAMC site and search VITA, you will see a thorough explanation there.

Further, and please correct me if I’m wrong, for some schools you will simply get an email from AAMC+HireVue with the vita II and it may not say from which school

But for RFU they emailed before sending out the VITA invite

What’s relieving about VITA but equally nerve racking is that although you don’t have to take It again, it’s now sent to every school that requests one. That would be fine if there was also a virtual interview to complement it, but RFU is only considering this single take vita as your actual interview

Further, and please correct me if I’m wrong, for some schools you will simply get an email from AAMC+HireVue with the vita II and it may not say from which school

But for RFU they emailed before sending out the VITA invite

What’s relieving about VITA but equally nerve racking is that although you don’t have to take It again, it’s now sent to every school that requests one. That would be fine if there was also a virtual interview to complement it, but RFU is only considering this single take vita as your actual interview
You're right, @LetMeINNNNNN but this is all so new this year that there will be endless variations.
The Interview invitation from the school and from HireVue should get to you within a week of each other, but I have seen applicants to one school whose "real" interview date was almost here but they had not received the HireVue notice yet.

You will all do the best you can and if concerned about not getting the HireVue message after a week, contact the relevant school to let them know.
Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin has stated that VITA will be their only interview this year. There are 48 schools planning to use VITA, most of which will also do a remote interview with personal interaction.

How to prepare for VITA?
Prep like you would CASPer or an MMI. Ie be overall prepared to answer traditional questions, describe situational questions, and make points for bioethics. You can prepare with mock interviews and overall just relax

So my question is I never received an email from RFU, but I checked my portal and there was a request to allow RFU to look at the VITA that I had previously done already for another school. Specifically, the portal states, "You've been invited to submit a VITA Interview to the Chicago Medical School." and then I could select for RFU to see the VITA I had done. So, I mean that sounds pretty "II-ish" to me, but again. no email specifically from them. Anyone else had a similar experience or can shed light if this signifies they actually care to look?..

So my question is I never received an email from RFU, but I checked my portal and there was a request to allow RFU to look at the VITA that I had previously done already for another school. Specifically, the portal states, "You've been invited to submit a VITA Interview to the Chicago Medical School." and then I could select for RFU to see the VITA I had done. So, I mean that sounds pretty "II-ish" to me, but again. no email specifically from them. Anyone else had a similar experience or can shed light if this signifies they actually care to look?..
That is their II

Yup thats their II!

Treat this as a traditional II from them

Which portal? Congrats!!!

I received the II invite in the promotions folder in my email so you may want to double check that to be sure it didn't go elsewhere.

I received the II invite in the promotions folder in my email so you may want to double check that to be sure it didn't go elsewhere.
Does the promotions folder only show up if you have an II? I don't see it in my portal

Does the promotions folder only show up if you have an II? I don't see it in my portal
Yeah I mean I got the II invite and instead of going to my primary folder in gmail, it went to my promotions folder. Sometimes I know messages from schools can go to spam folders as well.

Yeah I mean I got the II invite and instead of going to my primary folder in gmail, it went to my promotions folder. Sometimes I know messages from schools can go to spam folders as well.
Oh I misunderstood. Thanks!

Does anyone who submitted the VITA know if it shows up on the RFU connect portal that it's been received?

Prep like you would CASPer or an MMI. Ie be overall prepared to answer traditional questions, describe situational questions, and make points for bioethics. You can prepare with mock interviews and overall just relax
Pretty much. The questions are fairly basic, do the practice VITA and you’ll get the idea.

Personally I think it was pretty hard to give a great answer in a unidirectional interview. I’m not even sure if it is possible to have a “great” VITA, only a satisfactory one. Wondering how difficult it will be for RFU to evaluate applicants from the VITA alone.

did anyone do their Rosalind franklin interview yet?

it's a vita so arent all vitas the same?
From my understanding VITA will have a different question set for each student (likely some overlap of questions between students), but cover the same topics roughly.

Assuming if we submitted the VITA already, earliest we'd hear is Oct 15th? Is that still the first decision day?

Should we aim to submit VITA within 2 weeks of the II?

Some schools have a 2 week deadline but I don't think this school stated any deadline. The only thing is that they have rolling admissions so the earlier you complete it the better.