2020-2021 Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any MSTP applicants hear anything? Submitted my secondary in early August (OOS) and it's been silence since then (not even a complete email like the website says they do).

Silence here too - I submitted reallyyy late, but also no complete email which I'm just gonna take as normal given what this thread has said ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed on 10/19 hear anything back yet?

Has anyone gotten an II recently? My state school is killing me out here with this silence lmao, if you're gonna hurt me UCONN just be upfront and break my heart already

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone gotten an II recently? My state school is killing me out here with this silence lmao, if you're gonna hurt me UCONN just be upfront and break my heart already
I got waitlisted at UConn in March and didn't get my rejection letter until a week after they matriculated a new med school class. UConn is all about breaking your heart slowly :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I got waitlisted at UConn in March and didn't get my rejection letter until a week after they matriculated a new med school class. UConn is all about breaking your heart slowly :p

Damn, UCONN starting to sound like my ex lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Are there any current students on this thread? I got into UConn (my state school) and another private school so I’m having trouble deciding which to attend. Any advice you can give me is much appreciated!

So, for regular MD, have any OOS people received II's yet and have any OOS folks been accepted ? Wondering if OOS II's are at the back end.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm late but I was accepted on the 18th. In-state, very strong ties to UConn, LM is ~70.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone have any info on how many people get in off the waitlist? There's nothing on MSAR from what I can see, and I'm wondering if it's an uphill battle for me or there's still hope...

For regular MD, have any OOS people received II's yet and have any OOS folks been accepted ?

Does this school actively reject people throughout the cycle or do they leave you hanging til the end?

Can you list your Stats + ECs if you don’t mind me asking?
Of course! cGPA was 3.67, sGPA 3.51. Had ~ 200 hours of soup kitchen volunteering, 150 hours of physician shadowing, 100 hours of shadowing/volunteering at a psych research facility. Also spent time as a course assistant (where I went on to do research on types of learning + published a paper & presented at a conference). Perhaps what pushed me over the edge (and what I included in my post-interview update) was that I was tutoring underserved students for free + had started a service term with Americorps. Happy to answer any more questions you may have.

Hi all! I see people saying this school is supperrrr in-state focused. Has anyone out of state with no ties to the state or the school been interviewed?
based on the msar data for IS vs OOS interviews, i'd say that's correct...can't speak to your second question though

Does anyone know how many people UConn lets off the waitlist? Just want to see if there's a lot of movement and I shouldn't lose hope or like 1 person gets in and I should prepare myself to move on :(

Yup. 3.6x sGPA and cGPA. Lots of research, clinical and bench (2000+ hours with presentation and publications from a couple of gap years), 100 ish shadowing hours, 250 ish clinical volunteering hours. Worked almost every semester/summer in college in non-medical jobs, most of my EC's were about patient advocacy or mentoring. Interview for me went really really well. Feel free to pm with questions

I feel like UConn hasn't sent out too many IIs since the beginning of November right? :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I feel like UConn hasn't sent out too many IIs since the beginning of November right? :(
They go for a while though. Like last year I got my interview invite in late January for a February date just a week later. We might just have to be really patient...

Just got an II for the MD/PhD 🙏 !!!! They assigned me a date in mid-January. Complete 10/27, stats in signature! I don't have any ties to the state or the school (but also though UConn's MD/PhD website doesn't explicitly say, most MD/PhD programs don't put a lot of weight on IS/OOS).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
So I completed the secondary back in July, but still no updates. I am OOS, has anyone else not heard at all? This is happening to me at a lot of schools

Last edited:
So I completed the secondary back in July, but still no updates. I am OOS, has anyone else not heard at all? This is happening to me at a lot of schools
Just a year ago I was complete in July IS but didn't get an interview invite until late January. With UConn don't count yourself out until you get a rejection letter (though be careful with that too since I didn't officially get rejected from the waitlist until after their first day of classes lol)

+ same here, have not heard anything from UCONN & like 18 others

Reactions: 4 users
Any evidence that UConn is still interviewing? This thread is very short

Does Uconn take updates at all? And if so, how/where to send them?

Can anyone comment on how the interview day is here? Did you like it, etc
Interview day was awesome. Super relaxed, you get a solid hour to interview with a student, and then another hour with a faculty member. Both are very friendly and conversational. You then get to meet Dr. Regan, the dean of admissions, and he's absolutely awesome. And of course you get the whole financial aid and curriculum lectures and what not. They proudly talk about their match results, true pass/fail grading, and how the so strongly emphasize collaboration between students and faculty along with early clinical exposure. By far my favorite interview out of the many I attended.