You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Creighton
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
viszlaking
Full Member
Accepted. LM75. OOS. ORM. 1/15 session. Hype!People who interviewed Jan15 week check da portal
Accepted via portal message just now! 1/8 session 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
outrightornery
Full Member
Accepted via portal and email. 1/8 session!
outrightornery
Full Member
I did not send thank you notes and got accepted. If you thanked each of your interviewers during the interview, its unnecessary imo. But its still a nice thing to do if you have timeDid you write a thank you note after the interview/info session? If so, did you send it to the general admissions email or send it to the faculty member?
outrightornery
Full Member
Is there is an accepted students facebook page? or group me?
idkwhatimdoing77
Full Member
Yep there is a FB page, it was made mid January so they should be sending you an invite so look out for the email!Is there is an accepted students facebook page? or group me?
Hi all Creighton meds and hopefuls!
Does anyone know if Creighton students can do research at Mayo/UofA/ASU? From the Creighton website, It doesn't look there are many Creighton research faculty members down at Phoenix. I was offered a spot at Phoenix back in early October so I'm curious.
This is my first time posting on this forum, so please let me know if I should post the question elsewhere. Thanks!
Does anyone know if Creighton students can do research at Mayo/UofA/ASU? From the Creighton website, It doesn't look there are many Creighton research faculty members down at Phoenix. I was offered a spot at Phoenix back in early October so I'm curious.
This is my first time posting on this forum, so please let me know if I should post the question elsewhere. Thanks!
I don’t know about Mayo or U of A, but I was told specifically by my interviewer that they have research partnerships with ASU. She also said that students who elect to do research usually graduate with multiple first-author pubs.Hi all Creighton meds and hopefuls!
Does anyone know if Creighton students can do research at Mayo/UofA/ASU? From the Creighton website, It doesn't look there are many Creighton research faculty members down at Phoenix. I was offered a spot at Phoenix back in early October so I'm curious.
This is my first time posting on this forum, so please let me know if I should post the question elsewhere. Thanks!
viszlaking
Full Member
Does anyone know if there are apparent downsides of attending the phoenix campus?
Less research opportunities?
Less physical campus?
Less research opportunities?
Less physical campus?
Thanks for the reply! And yes, Dr. Richardson (?) and my faculty interviewer talked about the ASU academic partnership as well. However, ASU itself also doesn't seem to have any clinical research presence apart from the new Mayo/ASU joint programs in Scottsdale. While basic science research opportunities are abundant at ASU, such research requires a greater time commitment and is not always feasible for med students. I asked a friend of mine at Creighton Phoenix and it sounds like some students (not sure the %) have done research at Mayo in the past.I don’t know about Mayo or U of A, but I was told specifically by my interviewer that they have research partnerships with ASU. She also said that students who elect to do research usually graduate with multiple first-author pubs.
FYI I'm asking because Step 1 is going P/F and Step 2 CS is gone, and I believe this puts more pressure on the class of 2025 and beyond to seek more research, ECs, etc. to distinguish ourselves. The service component has been the forte of Creighton so I'm not worried about it.
Does anyone know if there are apparent downsides of attending the phoenix campus?
Less research opportunities?
Less physical campus?
Personally, I think I would enjoy being among the first students to use the new Creighton Heath Sciences Buildings 🙂 The new facility is a plus for me when comparing the two Creighton sites.
viszlaking
Full Member
Have you been to either campus? I have heard the Nebraska campus is beautiful. Whenever I look at the Phoenix campus online I just see a building or 2, so I’m getting the impression it’s less of a Phoenix campus but a set of buildings spread among the city?Thanks for the reply! And yes, Dr. Richardson (?) and my faculty interviewer talked about the ASU academic partnership as well. However, ASU itself also doesn't seem to have any clinical research presence apart from the new Mayo/ASU joint programs in Scottsdale. While basic science research opportunities are abundant at ASU, such research requires a greater time commitment and is not always feasible for med students. I asked a friend of mine at Creighton Phoenix and it sounds like some students (not sure the %) have done research at Mayo in the past.
FYI I'm asking because Step 1 is going P/F and Step 2 CS is gone, and I believe this puts more pressure on the class of 2025 and beyond to seek more research, ECs, etc. to distinguish ourselves. The service component has been the forte of Creighton so I'm not worried about it.
Personally, I think I would enjoy being among the first students to use the new Creighton Heath Sciences Buildings 🙂 The new facility is a plus for me when comparing the two Creighton sites.
I've never been to either campus but my Creighton friend who was there for M1-2 indeed said the Omaha campus is gorgeous. Also, the cost of living there is significantly lower compared to that in Phoenix. Creighton's basketball team is also pretty good if you're into sports.
To me, I want to be in Phoenix because I will be closer to my family in California, and I assume being in a busier/growing city also gives me a better chance at seeing more interesting/acute clinical cases in my clinical/clerkship years.
To me, I want to be in Phoenix because I will be closer to my family in California, and I assume being in a busier/growing city also gives me a better chance at seeing more interesting/acute clinical cases in my clinical/clerkship years.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
viszlaking
Full Member
Ahhh I just want to go there because of the warmth 😭I've never been to either campus but my Creighton friend who was there for M1-2 indeed said the Omaha campus is gorgeous. Also, the cost of living there is significantly lower compared to that in Phoenix. Creighton's basketball team is also pretty good if you're into sports.
To me, I want to be in Phoenix because I will be closer to my family in California, and I assume being in a busier/growing city also gives me a better chance at seeing more interesting/acute clinical cases in my clinical/clerkship years.
They sent out a Mobile Device Program email stating it would be a MacBook Pro. "Participation is mandatory to ensure that all students have equal access to curriculum resources and technical services, and the devices are required for curricular activities and testing throughout our curriculum"Can any current students tell me what model laptop they were issued through Creighton?
The mandatory device fee is quite hefty, I'm hoping that the laptop is worth it.
Oh woops, I guess I should have been more specific. Do we know if they issue us the most updated MacBook Pro, or is it usually an older model? The email didn't specify.They sent out a Mobile Device Program email stating it would be a MacBook Pro. "Participation is mandatory to ensure that all students have equal access to curriculum resources and technical services, and the devices are required for curricular activities and testing throughout our curriculum"
II 2/2/2021! Complete in October.
+1! Complete 8/14II 2/2/2021! Complete in October.
Edit: Just declined it, gl to those waiting!
Last edited:
D
deleted1012224
Can any current students in Omaha speak to whether or not it is possible to do research at UNMC? There seem to be more clinical research opportunities there compared to Bergan Mercy, so wondering if this is a possibility.
This is secondhand N = 1 information, but an M2 student presenter on my interview day said she did women’s health(?) research at UNMC. I guess it’s a how bad you want it and what can you offer situation.Can any current students in Omaha speak to whether or not it is possible to do research at UNMC? There seem to be more clinical research opportunities there compared to Bergan Mercy, so wondering if this is a possibility.
D
deleted1065879
Hi.. I am trying to withdraw mine now, but the instructions on the portal aren't super clear. Did you just email admissions?Withdrew my acceptance today - hope it goes to one of you. Best of luck to everyone
My friend (a current M3 at Creighton) says that some of his classmates do research at UNMC. He says you have to be proactive, but Nebraska faculty has typically been receptive.This is secondhand N = 1 information, but an M2 student presenter on my interview day said she did women’s health(?) research at UNMC. I guess it’s a how bad you want it and what can you offer situation.
D
deleted1012224
This is secondhand N = 1 information, but an M2 student presenter on my interview day said she did women’s health(?) research at UNMC. I guess it’s a how bad you want it and what can you offer situation.
My friend (a current M3 at Creighton) says that some of his classmates do research at UNMC. He says you have to be proactive, but Nebraska faculty has typically been receptive.
Sweet, thanks for the insight!
Hello, no I didn't email admissions. There was an option at the end of the checklist on the secondary portal where it gave me a checkbox to either formally accept or withdraw my acceptance. Hope that helpsHi.. I am trying to withdraw mine now, but the instructions on the portal aren't super clear. Did you just email admissions?
Anyone want to speculate on waitlist movement at this school this year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if there will be opportunities to get involved in research at the Barrow Neurological Insitute in Phoenix? I'm thinking if you seek out opportunities there may be, but I'm wondering if anyone has asked/heard anything directly from Creighton?
Secondhand information but the answer is yes. Some M3-M4s do it.
wildcat2222
Full Member
I was at the 1/22 session and just saw I have a portal change!Has anyone from the 1/22 info session seen a portal change indicating whether decisions will be out next week?
YeeHawYeeHawYeeHaw
Full Member
Absolutely love this school.
What makes you say this?? 🙂 I feel the same way
Last edited:
wildcat2222
Full Member
do you get an email with the decision or is it just uploaded to the portal on Mondays?
Both. Usually the portal change happens first though, and then you’ll get an email on either Monday or Tuesday.do you get an email with the decision or is it just uploaded to the portal on Mondays?
viszlaking
Full Member
I got a portal change at 12pm on Mondaydo you get an email with the decision or is it just uploaded to the portal on Mondays?
dancingdoc51
Full Member
For everyone who interviewed, did you answer the questions as if you were applying to only the campus you put as your preference? I put my preference as only PHX, so for example for "Why Creighton" should I not bring up stuff that's offered at the Omaha campus? But there's also relatively little info about what's offered at the Phoenix campus :/ any advice would be appreciated
The interviews are open-file. I can’t give you specific recommendations out of ethical concerns, but I did provide some site-specific answers where applicable.For everyone who interviewed, did you answer the questions as if you were applying to only the campus you put as your preference? I put my preference as only PHX, so for example for "Why Creighton" should I not bring up stuff that's offered at the Omaha campus? But there's also relatively little info about what's offered at the Phoenix campus :/ any advice would be appreciated
Anyone know when financial aid is coming out?
D
deleted1062667
Has anybody with a sub-125 MCAT section heard ANYTHING? I've been completed for more than 6 months without hearing a peep.
yogigirl1997
Full Member
Hi! So I have my interviews today for Creighton. However the information sessions/Q&A are on friday. Has anybody attended these already? If so could you tell me what they are like? Are they interactive or more of a presentation?
viszlaking
Full Member
They are interactive and small group. I thought they were gonna be big abs could skate by with my camera off. Not the case hahaHi! So I have my interviews today for Creighton. However the information sessions/Q&A are on friday. Has anybody attended these already? If so could you tell me what they are like? Are they interactive or more of a presentation?
dancingdoc51
Full Member
got mine last weekIs Creighton still giving out IIs or no?
realDoctorWild
New Member
They told us at the 1/29 info session that we would hear back between 2/8 and 2/15, I haven't heard anything.. What's the typical hear back time?Anyone from info session 01/15 still waiting?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
viszlaking
Full Member
2-3 weeks post info sessionThey told us at the 1/29 info session that we would hear back between 2/8 and 2/15, I haven't heard anything.. What's the typical hear back time?
benignradical
Full Member
How far into the cycle is Creighton with it's interviews?
idkwhatimdoing77
Full Member
How far into the cycle is Creighton with it's interviews?
Website says they interview from September-March.Is Creighton still giving out IIs or no?
benignradical
Full Member
Oh thanks! Do you know how far they are currently booked until?Website says they interview from September-March.