You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Creighton
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
yeah my friend got the A from 1/22Did decisions come out for anyone who had an info session 1/22?
On Monday?yeah my friend got the A from 1/22
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
idkwhatimdoing77
Full Member
No clue! :/ maybe someone else can answer or you can try emailing admissions. They’re really niceOh thanks! Do you know how far they are currently booked until?
II as well! complete in July
II for me as well!! complete in july
Nontraddddds
Full Member
Creighton, where is my II? Please dont forget about me.
II a few hours ago!!! OOS complete mid july
edit: declining the invite today, as I've been accepted to another school I love - Hope my interview goes to one of you!
edit: declining the invite today, as I've been accepted to another school I love - Hope my interview goes to one of you!
Last edited:
thecloverdoc
Full Member
Psst psst...tell them to send it to me 🙂II a few hours ago!!! OOS complete mid july
edit: declining the invite today, as I've been accepted to another school I love - Hope my interview goes to one of you!
They take them! I packaged one in with an update!Thoughts on sending an interest letter pre-II? I was WL there last year, addressed their biggest concern with my application, and I went to a Jesuit undergrad so I feel like I would be a good fit.
-Fellow Jesuit grad
Did your portal change and your acceptance was posted at the same time? Or Did your portal change a day or so earlier?Accepted! Interviewed late January. Fast decision turnaround time, much appreciated 😃
Last edited:
Where do you send a general LOI? They have multiple spots to upload letters under different categories.They take them! I packaged one in with an update!
-Fellow Jesuit grad
I didn't really brand it strictly as an LOI. My recommendation would be to think of an update, and just to package it in with that. They're also super helpful if you call them!Where do you send a general LOI? They have multiple spots to upload letters under different categories.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
viszlaking
Full Member
Pretty sure it goes portal change to thanks for interviewing and then a couple days later u get the decision has been made and then the emailDid your portal change and your acceptance was posted at the same time? Or Did your portal change a day or so earlier?
Hi! Sorry, but can you clarify please. So did you not send an actual Letter of Interest then? You mean you sent in an update, let's say in the Nonclinical Volunteering tab, and sprinkled in how you are very interested in the school?I didn't really brand it strictly as an LOI. My recommendation would be to think of an update, and just to package it in with that. They're also super helpful if you call them!
Yep, that's it. Ultimately it came out to be about 50-50 interest-update, but yeah.Hi! Sorry, but can you clarify please. So did you not send an actual Letter of Interest then? You mean you sent in an update, let's say in the Nonclinical Volunteering tab, and sprinkled in how you are very interested in the school?
D
deleted1012224
Has Admissions mentioned if/when there will be a Second Look Day?
YeeHawYeeHawYeeHaw
Full Member
Do any current medical students know if PA students take classes with Med students? I know some schools allow it.
poptarts5921
Full Member
So nervous for decisions tomorrow. The thank you for interviewing message disappeared from my portal a few days ago, so I think it’s coming. I’d love to go to Creighton!
premedbanana
Full Member
Does anyone know around what time of day post-II decisions are sent out
blondedoctor22
Full Member
Do we think they’ll release them on a holiday?
premedbanana
Full Member
As far as I know theyre still doing interviews today so I don't see why notDo we think they’ll release them on a holiday?
premedbanana
Full Member
Alternate list. Super disappointed about this one...love the school and felt like the interview went really well + great fit.
Sorry🙁. Did you receive an email or was it on your portal?Alternate list. Super disappointed about this one...love the school and felt like the interview went really well + great fit.
premedbanana
Full Member
Email...my portal is still not updated with the statusSorry🙁. Did you receive an email or was it on your portal?
poptarts5921
Full Member
+1. Really hoping for it to turn into an A!Alternate list. Super disappointed about this one...love the school and felt like the interview went really well + great fit.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wildcat2222
Full Member
is there a place on the portal to upload a Letter of Interest/Interest post-II?
Last edited:
My decision came within 2 weeks, but that was back in October.Interview today. How long usually it takes get the decision?
It seems like a lot of people waited much longer.
They told us at my interview that we should send updates if we have significant ECs. I've about doubled my overall EC strength since May. Should I send an update letter or a full-on LoI?
I would highly recommend giving an update post interview. Even if it’s just saying that you are continuing to do the things you already listed on your app. If Creighton is your #1 school then you could also dress it up as a LOInterest/intentThey told us at my interview that we should send updates if we have significant ECs. I've about doubled my overall EC strength since May. Should I send an update letter or a full-on LoI?
just received II today! 🙂 completed in july
lofi-beats
Full Member
does anyone know if they're allowing accepted students to tour campus?
I'm sure it is open file. At least this time. My interview details email said two open file interviews so it is.Sorry if this been asked, but are both the student and faculty Interviews open-file? The sdn page is like 1/3 saying closed-file but I saw somewhere b4 on here that it was open-file.
Yeah I asked that question after interview and they said send it to admissions email. They forwarded them for meI am sure this has been asked, but are we allowed to send Thank Yous post II? Thank you!
viszlaking
Full Member
Hey does anyone know if Creighton is Pass/Fail in preclinical years? Also does anyone know if the exams are based on NBME questions ?
idkwhatimdoing77
Full Member
Same.Has anyone else accepted to Creighton accessed the choose your medical school tool on AMCAS and not seen Creighton listed as an option or is it just me
M1 and M2 years are pass/fail! There is an "honors" category for the top 10% of students in each block but people don't make too big of a deal about it.Hey does anyone know if Creighton is Pass/Fail in preclinical years? Also does anyone know if the exams are based on NBME questions ?
Our first couple block exams were in-house written questions with most resembling NBME style. The block we are current in will have a final exam that is solely composed of previous NBME questions. I've heard that they will do this with several different blocks to ensure students are on the right track with studying. Creighton re-vamped their curriculum last year so there is still a lot of changes happening with course content and exams.
D
deleted1012224
+1Same.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
viszlaking
Full Member
Thank you so much !M1 and M2 years are pass/fail! There is an "honors" category for the top 10% of students in each block but people don't make too big of a deal about it.
Our first couple block exams were in-house written questions with most resembling NBME style. The block we are current in will have a final exam that is solely composed of previous NBME questions. I've heard that they will do this with several different blocks to ensure students are on the right track with studying. Creighton re-vamped their curriculum last year so there is still a lot of changes happening with course content and exams.
So I opened up the AMCAS choose your medical school tool today and didn't see my acceptance from Creighton listed. Accepted in the first batch back in October. Anybody else see Creighton listed?
acceptme123
Full Member
same heresame I dont see Creighton listed and I got accepted in October
Okay I thought I had missed a deadline or something and had lost my seat 😂 glad to see im not the only one with that issueSo I opened up the AMCAS choose your medical school tool today and didn't see my acceptance from Creighton listed. Accepted in the first batch back in October. Anybody else see Creighton listed?