-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Creighton
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nontraddddds
Full Member
It is definitely a good sign. Every school has a different body of students they look for, and they review apps based on how desirable those applicangs are at their school. Obviously, you are highly desirable at Creighton given the lightning fast II. Just sit back and relax. You might receive IIs from other schools tomorrow or months from now. Who knows.How long did it take you guys to get a II? I submitted my secondary on 10/6 and got a II on 10/12. I hope it is a good sign because they are my top choice but it made me worried for the other apps I submitted earlier...
PS. I just saw your stats: URM, decent stats, and excellent ECs. Girl, you got this!
Thank you for this! I really appreciate it. I was unsure what to do cause I only completed 11/24 secondaries (I work full time and burned out after my 8/1 mcat) Creighton is a top choice so if I got in I just might call this cycle done and start the party!It is definitely a good sign. Every school has a different body of students they look for, and they review apps based on how desirable those applicangs are at their school. Obviously, you are highly desirable at Creighton given the lightning fast II. Just sit back and relax. You might receive IIs from other schools tomorrow or months from now. Who knows.
PS. I just saw your stats: URM, decent stats, and excellent ECs. Girl, you got this!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
InsipidConch
Full Member
Thank you for this! I really appreciate it. I was unsure what to do cause I only completed 11/24 secondaries (I work full time and burned out after my 8/1 mcat) Creighton is a top choice so if I got in I just might call this cycle done and start the party!
hey I definitely hear you on that! only completed 13/26 lol and also URM.. got a lightning fast II as well! Hopefully we can be classmates together 🙂
I got the payment email, but not the confirmation email. If I go to my portal where I took the acceptance, it still says I should be waiting for an email. So maybe it's just taking a little bit.did anyone who got accepted get a confirmation email after making the deposit and filling out the acceptance form on the portal? it says that we will get a confirmation email once all the requirements for acceptance are verified but i never got one. wondering if i missed something to confirm my acceptance- do we just have to make the deposit and do the online acceptance form?
Will you do the rest?hey I definitely hear you on that! only completed 13/26 lol and also URM.. got a lightning fast II as well! Hopefully we can be classmates together 🙂
InsipidConch
Full Member
Will you do the rest?
no, I will not be completing the rest due to money issues (already 1600 in the hole-- on my credit card) and overdrafted on my bank account lol.. I reviewed all the schools and chose the top 10 I wanted to attend and put 3 safety. My primary was verified on 09/27 by the way. I was very stressed and sleep deprived for these secondaries... I also work full-time so I wish you the best of luck for the rest of the cycle 🙂
How long did it take you guys to get a II? I submitted my secondary on 10/6 and got a II on 10/12. I hope it is a good sign because they are my top choice but it made me worried for the other apps I submitted earlier...
That's exactly when I submitted mine and got my II too! Fingers crossed. I interviewed on Monday
+1 this happened to my portal alsoWhen the status on my portal changes from the thanks for interviewing to nothing, does that mean they made a decision?
When the status on my portal changes from the thanks for interviewing to nothing, does that mean they made a decision?
Edit: I checked last year’s forum and it means they’ve made a decision.
Curious when y'all interviewed? I'm jumping the gun since I only interviewed on Monday, but it'd be great to have a rough estimate+1 this happened to my portal also
10/7Curious when y'all interviewed? I'm jumping the gun since I only interviewed on Monday, but it'd be great to have a rough estimate
interview week of 10/12Curious when y'all interviewed? I'm jumping the gun since I only interviewed on Monday, but it'd be great to have a rough estimate
D
deleted1017718
+2, interview week of 10/9+1 this happened to my portal also
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Saganomics
Full Member
I believe their adcom committee meets on 3rd Thursday of the month. If your portal changed, than they have made a decsion on you. I believe you will hear next Monday morning. GL
What does the updated portal look like? Not really seeing anything within the Creighton portal... Just going off the paragraph at the top?
Under the check status tab at the top of the page, it would say something like thank you for interviewing at Creighton, your decision will be out in 4-6 weeks. After they make a decision, that message will disappear according to previous posters.What does the updated portal look like? Not really seeing anything within the Creighton portal... Just going off the paragraph at the top?
D
deleted1017718
ACCEPTED!!!!!
Edit: Interviewed week of 10/9 and LM is 74.
Edit: Interviewed week of 10/9 and LM is 74.
Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!ACCEPTED!!! ahhhhhhhh!! my first acceptance this is unreal
Thank you so much!!!Congratulations!
Accepted an hour ago!!!! Was expecting it cause the interview went really well but I'm still shook!!
D
deleted1017718
Anyone having trouble with the acceptance packet not showing up in the secondary portal?
yes! admissions said it will show up on MondayAnyone having trouble with the acceptance packet not showing up in the secondary portal?
Same!Anyone having trouble with the acceptance packet not showing up in the secondary portal?
kbarrin
Full Member
After paying the $100 deposit online, does it take a while to update on the status of required materials page on the portal?? I paid my deposit 5 days ago and got the confirmation email but there's still a red exclamation point next to the class deposit on my portal page. I have also not gotten the final confirmation email either for those who mentioned that worry too
In the same boat - plan on calling admissions this week if I have toAfter paying the $100 deposit online, does it take a while to update on the status of required materials page on the portal?? I paid my deposit 5 days ago and got the confirmation email but there's still a red exclamation point next to the class deposit on my portal page. I have also not gotten the final confirmation email either for those who mentioned that worry too
grizz411
Full Member
I paid the 19th and the class deposit on my portal page went away but I still have not received a final confirmation that all my acceptance stuff is inAfter paying the $100 deposit online, does it take a while to update on the status of required materials page on the portal?? I paid my deposit 5 days ago and got the confirmation email but there's still a red exclamation point next to the class deposit on my portal page. I have also not gotten the final confirmation email either for those who mentioned that worry too
FallGuy1867
Full Member
to current/accepted students: how many non-clinical service hours did you have?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B/w 500-700to current/accepted students: how many non-clinical service hours did you have?
D
deleted739272
Do y’all think fostering dogs is non clinical service
I think that qualifiesDo y’all think fostering dogs is non clinical service
acceptme123
Full Member
Because I am still in Anatomy, I had to submit my syllabus and plan for completing it. I uploaded it under the update forms but haven't heard anything since.did anyone who got accepted get a confirmation email after making the deposit and filling out the acceptance form on the portal? it says that we will get a confirmation email once all the requirements for acceptance are verified but i never got one. wondering if i missed something to confirm my acceptance- do we just have to make the deposit and do the online acceptance form?
acceptme123
Full Member
I had only 60ishto current/accepted students: how many non-clinical service hours did you have?
MeddyMedicine
Full Member
Does anyone know the grading policy at creighton? Is it letter grades or pass/fail?
MSAR says H/P/F - seems pretty idealDoes anyone know the grading policy at creighton? Is it letter grades or pass/fail?
kbarrin
Full Member
to current/accepted students: how many non-clinical service hours did you have?
about 100
Nontraddddds
Full Member
Although Creighton loves service, I don't think they put too much weight on that if you shine in other areas. I think the only schools that underscores service are Rush and Loyola. There may be other schools too. 60 or 100 hours of service won't fly with them. Then again, with COVID, they might be more lenient with service hours this year than previous years.
I paid the deposit and got the confirmation email but my portal never updated to accepted throughout the process. Aren't we supposed to see the acceptance package online to "review" it like they said in the email?
yes Im having the same problem! was able to pay the deposit but my portal hasn't changed yet to allow me to accept the decisionI paid the deposit and got the confirmation email but my portal never updated to accepted throughout the process. Aren't we supposed to see the acceptance package online to "review" it like they said in the email?
acceptme123
Full Member
My portal changed immediately and showed that a decision had been made. It then had 5 steps listed to go through and look at all the documents.For those who got accepted did your portals change yet with your acceptance packet? those from Friday
+1yes Im having the same problem! was able to pay the deposit but my portal hasn't changed yet to allow me to accept the decision
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuremedstudent?
New Member
Just to confirm, even if we aren't 100% sure we are going to Creighton, we are still supposed to accept at this point?
acceptme123
Full Member
Yes I wouldJust to confirm, even if we aren't 100% sure we are going to Creighton, we are still supposed to accept at this point?
whiteraspberry
Full Member
just got the ii!! complete middle of July and i attended this school for undergrad