2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone, so I submitted my secondary and everything is checked off as complete on my portal. However, I received an email saying my app has been moved for screening after submitting my secondary and I'm not sure if this means if my application is complete or not. Has anyone who submitted secondaries gotten an email that says they're complete?
+1

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, so I submitted my secondary and everything is checked off as complete on my portal. However, I received an email saying my app has been moved for screening after submitting my secondary and I'm not sure if this means if my application is complete or not. Has anyone who submitted secondaries gotten an email that says they're complete?
I submitted earlier today and have not received an email.

Are your letters & MCAT in? Because mine are currently not.

They are incredibly responsive. I emailed them asking if they received my LOR and they responded same day that they were moving my app forward.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also wondering if anyone else got an email saying they are complete? I submitted my secondary weeks ago. There is a green check next to everything on the portal. Never got a confirmation that I was complete though.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! did anyone get a discount on their II? I got my II two days after my I was verified and I was just wondering if this is good news or not? they said if i submit my II within three weeks I get a discount on the app TYIA!

Hi everyone! did anyone get a discount on their II? I got my II two days after my I was verified and I was just wondering if this is good news or not? they said if i submit my II within three weeks I get a discount on the app TYIA!
I got the discount on my secondary application, is that what you are referring to? I believe it was dropped to $25 from $50 if I recall correctly.

Am I the only one who has not gotten a complete email?
I finished my secondary about 2 weeks ago, still didn't get the complete email so emailed them Wednesday. They said after you send secondaries they have verifiers go over the app and then they send out a complete email and that mine was going to be marked complete soon. Still haven't gotten one yet tho

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I was just wondering if anyone had a preference of virginia vs auburn. I've heard good things about both and wasn't sure how to go about ranking them? I put virigina as my top choice and then auburn, but I was wondering if anyone had any other thoughts about the campuses? thanks!

Has anyone who's on "hold" prior to receiving a secondary heard from them? I still haven't, tried calling but they didn't answer. They didn't answer my last email asking about MCAT score (which was a few weeks ago) so I'm not sure if I should try emailing again??

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the discount on my secondary application, is that what you are referring to? I believe it was dropped to $25 from $50 if I recall correctly.
yes! I was hoping this is a good sign

I finished my secondary about 2 weeks ago, still didn't get the complete email so emailed them Wednesday. They said after you send secondaries they have verifiers go over the app and then they send out a complete email and that mine was going to be marked complete soon. Still haven't gotten one yet tho
Thanks! I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me

When I try and submit my secondary I don't see a 'submit' button at all ... did anyone else have this problem? App fee is already paid and everything. I've tried emailing but haven't gotten any responses

Has anyone else still not received a secondary? I got the email saying they will review my app on 6/24, but haven’t heard anything since. I don’t have my MCAT scores yet and am OOS, is that why?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else still not received a secondary? I got the email saying they will review my app on 6/24, but haven’t heard anything since. I don’t have my MCAT scores yet and am OOS, is that why?

I haven't received a secondary either, and I think a couple others on here as well. For me, I think it's because my sGPA is 0.02 below their cutoff -but I've heard in the past they've been lenient about it. I originally applied without my MCAT score and am OOS, but my score was released to AACOMAS on 7/9 so I imagine they have it by now. I was maybe going to call them today or tomorrow. I tried calling last week and they didn't answer.

There is just one application fro all the VCOM schools...right?

Has anyone who's on "hold" prior to receiving a secondary heard from them? I still haven't, tried calling but they didn't answer. They didn't answer my last email asking about MCAT score (which was a few weeks ago) so I'm not sure if I should try emailing again??
Yeah i was on hold and then got a secondary 2 days later

Sweet, thanks! So I guess they will just kind of choose which campus we interview at? or can we possibly interview at multiple campuses like LECOM?

When I emailed they told me you will be assigned to one campus for an interview

I know an admin there very well, he told me usually you are interviewed to the campus closest to you unless you have a strong reason to go to a different campus (Strong connections to Auburn or something) or if you apply later it will be what campus has more spots open.

How long should each CV description be, I have come to interpret "short description" as 3 sentences?

How long should each CV description be, I have come to interpret "short description" as 3 sentences?
The way I interpreted it is that you just have to put down the title of the experience and not any sentences, since it says "list college name, work, etc" and "only a short title/description is needed." I'm not positive if that's the way to do it but that's what it seems to me

My apologies if this has already been posted!

Is anyone else having issues with editing their secondary app? I have not entered my essays yet but when I pull up the page, it is showing incomplete with a red exclamation point. However, I can't enter any text into the box. Anyone else had this issue?

I'm surprised they won't be online.

I think they are probably going to be online but they meant you get an interview at one campus and can’t interview for multiple. That’s how I took it anyway

Hey guys, has anyone else not received their secondary yet?

Hi everyone, is there any update on anyone recieving a complete email after submitting their secondary? thank you!

Hi everyone, is there any update on anyone recieving a complete email after submitting their secondary? thank you!

I got an email from them after I submitted my secondary saying that they didn't have my letters. I replied and told them that they would be sent soon, and once they arrived they told me they had "moved my application forward".

Idk if this is normal or just because I replied to their initial email that stated that they didn't have my letters.

I still haven't gotten a secondary, should I try emailing them on Monday?

I got an email from them after I submitted my secondary saying that they didn't have my letters. I replied and told them that they would be sent soon, and once they arrived they told me they had "moved my application forward".

Idk if this is normal or just because I replied to their initial email that stated that they didn't have my letters.
The exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago

Secondary submitted on July 24th.. any updates on interviews for you earlier applicants?

How much trouble, if possible at all, do you think it would be to switch campuses? I applied Auburn but would love SC and have strong ties.

Last edited:
Has anyone received a complete email? I submitted my secondary on 7/19 and it says complete in my portal but I haven't gotten an email.

Has anyone received a complete email? I submitted my secondary on 7/19 and it says complete in my portal but I haven't gotten an email.

I received this email 3 days after secondary submission.

"Thank you so much for submitting your Secondary Application.

We are pleased to learn of your continued interest in the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine."

And then it goes on to say over the next coupe of weeks the app will be reviewed for completeness, blah blah.

I received this email 3 days after secondary submission.

"Thank you so much for submitting your Secondary Application.

We are pleased to learn of your continued interest in the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine."

And then it goes on to say over the next coupe of weeks the app will be reviewed for completeness, blah blah.
I got that too the day after I submitted my app! I think that's just to notify us that they received the secondary and will begin reviewing it over the next few weeks.

I got that too the day after I submitted my app! I think that's just to notify us that they received the secondary and will begin reviewing it over the next few weeks.
Ok, yeah that makes sense.. I submitted a few days after you so still in the cue I suppose.

I also have everything checked off in portal but no complete email. Im not sure if it is worth emailing to ask if I am actually complete or just leave it be?

So I received that and thought that was the complete email but I just received the complete email and it was in my junk mail but it says: “
We are pleased to learn of your continued interest in the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. I can confirm your application is complete and we are in receipt of your Secondary Application, processing fee, and all required letters of recommendation.

We will continue to interview into spring 2021. Once your application is reviewed, we will be certain to provide you with an update on your status.

Considering we utilize a rolling admissions process....,”