2020-2021 Geisinger Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 I just sent one in last week ~ figured it couldn’t hurt 🤷🏼‍♀️
I interviewed late January haven't heard a thing, do we think it is too late to send a LOI?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed late January haven't heard a thing, do we think it is too late to send a LOI?
I don’t think it could hurt if you send one! I got deferred, so I wanted to send one since I got a new research job. I figure if I get waitlisted I’ll send a second one.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys think we might hear back tomorrow? Judging from the previous posts, many heard back 3/2 which was a Tuesday. If the committee really meets twice a month, do you think they might meet this week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think we might hear back tomorrow? Judging from the previous posts, many heard back 3/2 which was a Tuesday. If the committee really meets twice a month, do you think they might meet this week?I
I hope so :oops:

Does Geisinger usually take past 8 weeks to get their post-interview decision to you?
Earliest I have read is 4 weeks. Latest I have read is 12 weeks. Average would then be 8 weeks, but I'd say more people have heard closer to 4-8 weeks than 8-12 weeks.

Last edited:
Any current Abigail Geisinger Scholars out there? Trying to decide whether to accept and have some questions about the program.

Finally got that pre-II R

• Care
How many Feb interview dates were there? I'm wondering if they'll try to get Feb-March interview results back sooner because their accepted students day is in early april

Members don't see this ad :)
How many Feb interview dates were there? I'm wondering if they'll try to get Feb-March interview results back sooner because their accepted students day is in early april
The in-person accepted students day was cancelled, if that is what you're referencing.

Based on decisions released in previous years, everyone, regardless of when they interviewed/were deferred, will hear back in the first week of April!

Reactions: 10 users
Oh man, so you think we won't hear anything until then?
This is 100% speculation, so take it with a grain of salt, but COVID hit right around this time last year, and i guarantee it delayed admissions timelines. All that to say, maybe we hear back a bit sooner this year, but who really knows except the GCSOM AdCom!

Withdrew my acceptance. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
Based on decisions released in previous years, everyone, regardless of when they interviewed/were deferred, will hear back in the first week of April!
Wait so I have a question based on that: does this mean they will release a huge batch of decisions in early April or will the decisions be trickling in little by little up until April? Because they have the end of Jan, all of Feb and March interviewees to go through and there's only like 2 weeks left. Can they do all this in that time?

Wait so I have a question based on that: does this mean they will release a huge batch of decisions in early April or will the decisions be trickling in little by little up until April? Because they have the end of Jan, all of Feb and March interviewees to go through and there's only like 2 weeks left. Can they do all this in that time?
Tbh, I don't think anyone knows and we will never know until Geisinger actually drops those decisions. It seems like the school is meeting and making decisions though, especially since rejection letters (post-II) have been sent out on different dates. BUT if I guessed, I'd say we may get a decision date in March for late Jan and early Feb interviewees then the final final drop in april for rest and deferred applicants.

What's something that feels illegal but isn't? Getting rejected on my birthday :D Sending all the good vibes to everyone still in the running, I believe in you!!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 16 users
Interviewed feb 1, given it’s late in the cycle to have been interviewed and many have been accepted already, is it unlikely to be accepted? Didn’t score well on mcat but they gave me an interview so should I be hopeful or is that score still likely to result in a no?

Interviewed feb 1, given it’s late in the cycle to have been interviewed and many have been accepted already, is it unlikely to be accepted? Didn’t score well on mcat but they gave me an interview so should I be hopeful or is that score still likely to result in a no?

It's not late! They spaced their interviews out. Don't assume because it's March that you won't get in! Have hope! That's all you have in life!

Reactions: 1 users
People who interviewed in late January and have been accepteded, do you mind sharing stats? Do you think it’s possible for them to look past a low mcat score?

Last edited:
People who interviewed in late January and have been accepteded, do you mind sharing stats? Do you think it’s possible for them to look past a low mcat score?
I view this as you earned an interview, which means your score isn't an automatic deal breaker.

I had a low MCAT and was accepted. I agree with the previous reply, you received an interview so they already like you with your score. It is definitely possible.

I had a low MCAT and was accepted. I agree with the previous reply, you received an interview so they already like you with your score. It is definitely possible.
I appreciate it. It’s so nerve racking

I appreciate it. It’s so nerve racking
No worries. I know it's easier said than done but try to relax as much as you can. Your application and stats got you through the door. I'm sure you nailed your interview! Hopefully, you hear a response soon.

Would you guys say that most deferred applicants will get put on the alternate list?

• Hmm
hi all, just a little confused has the 1/27 interview date heard back yet? I’m seeing some have some haven’t but not sure.

does anyone know how often/when the committee meets and/or sends out decisions? I know that the school does not release this info, and am wondering if anyone has noticed a pattern through this and previous years' threads.

hi all, just a little confused has the 1/27 interview date heard back yet? I’m seeing some have some haven’t but not sure.
I interviewed on 1/18 and still haven’t heard back:/ Does anyone know when the next decision drop date is?

I interviewed 1/27 and have not heard back! Looks like they have previously released decisions on Tuesday, so here's hoping for some news tomorrow...

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed 1/27 and have not heard back! Looks like they have previously released decisions on Tuesday, so here's hoping for some news tomorrow...

I interviewed same day and have not heard back

smh, was hoping decisions came out today, probably gonna have to wait until next Tuesday

Interviewed in Sept, got deferred in October and still nothing... 6 months of silence

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know stats on how many rejections they send out after interviews?

Did anyone else get the Department of Medical Education 2019-2020 Year in Review book in the mail recently? I'm assuming they just sent it to everyone but I interviewed in early February and overanalyze everything

Did anyone else get the Department of Medical Education 2019-2020 Year in Review book in the mail recently? I'm assuming they just sent it to everyone but I interviewed in early February and overanalyze everything
yeah i received it...not sure why the school is using Physician assistants and nurse practitioners to teach clinical skills to med students...

I didnt haha maybe it’s still on the way

Were you accepted?