You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Geisinger Commonwealth
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ohmggthissux
Full Member
nevermind...I've been deferred since November and haven't heard anything since. Concerned that I received a rejection in the mail that somehow got lost and that it isn't showing up on my portal
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TangoLimaNov
New Member
lmao, the wave of everyone coming in to report their results 🤣
Interview Jan 13, deferred March 3, just got waitlist email as well.
The waiting continues, best of luck everyone! Keep the faith.
Interview Jan 13, deferred March 3, just got waitlist email as well.
The waiting continues, best of luck everyone! Keep the faith.
Same.just got waitlisted, got deferred like 2-3 weeks ago 🥲🥲🥲
redfox9m2hak5v
New Member
I interviewed on 11/13 and got deferred in early January. I just got an email that I was put on the alternate list. I know it seems pretty hopeless right now and all but I think we have to consider that alot more applicants interviewed this cycle around seeing that all interviews were held online. This means that more students probably have multiple acceptances this cycle around as well. I am hoping there will be alot of movement on that alternate list because of it.
D
deleted1076108
+1 AL... this is funFor data purposes:
II: 8/21
I: 9/11
Deferred: 10/15
I’ve heard nothing since and the wait is agonizing, to say the least.
danshnobeo
Full Member
+1Interviewed in November, deferred January, just placed on the alternate list...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HopefulMed123
Full Member
Also got the email that I was put on the alternate list! Congratulations to those that received acceptances!
Jesus, Mary, and Josephine!!!!! You’re a brave soul. Thank you!Withdrew my A and full-tuition scholarship today, hope one of yall get it....feels weird turning down that kind of offer
Interviewed 9/16
Deferred 10/15
Alternate List just now!
I will be withdrawing, best of luck to everyone else!
Same dates, got the alternate list this morning. Staying on it, really want this to be an acceptance
Tell me about it! Thankfully, I have some similar offers!! Hope YOU get it lolJesus, Mary, and Josephine!!!!! You’re a brave soul. Thank you!
lovekawaiiveggies
Full Member
Interview: Late Jan/Early Feb
Deferred in the last batch a few weeks ago
AL today. Seeing how many people are AL, doesn't give me much hope... Mentally preparing to go somewhere else 🙁
Deferred in the last batch a few weeks ago
AL today. Seeing how many people are AL, doesn't give me much hope... Mentally preparing to go somewhere else 🙁
cinnamonroll121
Full Member
Does anyone know when we will start seeing movement? With traffic rules and such, when can accepted students only hold one acceptance?I interviewed on 11/13 and got deferred in early January. I just got an email that I was put on the alternate list. I know it seems pretty hopeless right now and all but I think we have to consider that alot more applicants interviewed this cycle around seeing that all interviews were held online. This means that more students probably have multiple acceptances this cycle around as well. I am hoping there will be alot of movement on that alternate list because of it.
I was deferred in Jan like two weeks after my interview but didn’t hear anything today... bracing myself for the worst lol
lovekawaiiveggies
Full Member
"On or before April 15, narrow your selection(s) to no more than three schools or programs, and withdraw your acceptance(s) from all other schools or programs; andDoes anyone know when we will start seeing movement? With traffic rules and such, when can accepted students only hold one acceptance?
On or before April 30, choose the school or program to which you plan to matriculate and promptly withdraw your acceptances from all other schools or programs." - Application and Acceptance Protocols for Applicants
RE more waitlist movement than last year: This is widely speculated among applicants, but it's likely a hopeful fallacy that there would be more waitlist movement this year than last year. Yes nearly 20% more people applied this year (it was originally speculated that apps would be reduced in 2020, due to the pandemic), and yes, more people may have attended interviews that they otherwise wouldn't have attended due to previous acceptance(s), but schools still only interviewed the most qualified applicants, and they may have even compensated for this interview situation by expanding waitlists (it sure seems like a lot of us are on the AL here). Considering how competitive applications are in a normal cycle, we should have no reason to believe that there would be any more WL moment in this cycle than in any other cycle. At least, that's my opinion.
380 waitlisted last year with 33 accepted at geisinger, so anyone on the alternate list is not in a good position and should start making alternate plans.
Congrats to you! You must be special. And thank you, that’d be a blessing if it went to me given my situation. Have a great day!!Tell me about it! Thankfully, I have some similar offers!! Hope YOU get it lol
D
deleted1066189
interviewed january 13, deferred march 1, sent letter of intent, waitlisted today
though I was expecting this decision, I'm honestly peeved as I wasn't that qualified for an interview invite in the first place (my only MD II). The interview itself was good practice, but it only prevented me from getting outright rejected.
though I was expecting this decision, I'm honestly peeved as I wasn't that qualified for an interview invite in the first place (my only MD II). The interview itself was good practice, but it only prevented me from getting outright rejected.
this. Although I am beyond grateful to have an acceptance anywhere, I am not thrilled about a cross country move. PCOM is my last chance for being able to stay in PA at this point.380 waitlisted last year with 33 accepted at geisinger, so anyone on the alternate list is not in a good position and should start making alternate plans.
Carpenter30
Full Member
Alternative list, interviewed 2/26 :/
lovekawaiiveggies
Full Member
lol are you me? I'm in such a similar situation and still waiting to hear back from a last minute interview at PCOM! (but tbh my interviewers at PCOM gave me a really bad impression).interviewed january 13, deferred march 1, sent letter of intent, waitlisted today
though I was expecting this decision, I'm honestly peeved as I wasn't that qualified for an interview invite in the first place (my only MD II). The interview itself was good practice, but it only prevented me from getting outright rejected.
this. Although I am beyond grateful to have an acceptance anywhere, I am not thrilled about a cross country move. PCOM is my last chance for being able to stay in PA at this point.
Oh well, I wanted to stay in the area, but on the bright side, a cross country move will give us "connections" to a whole other area of the country for applying to residency! RIP Geisinger, I barely knew you </3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They are one of the schools that does post-II rejections. Rejections are just under reportedDoes Geisinger actually reject anyone post interview? I feel like they are just WLing everyone... I wish they’d at least tell us our ranking so that we knew if we had any shot of getting in at this point.
D
deleted1066189
this is the one thing I respect about those new expensive for profit DO schools like Noorda and ICOM...they at least tell you your "tier" on the waitlistI wish they’d at least tell us our ranking so that we knew if we had any shot of getting in at this point.
Yeah, I just feel like they are avoiding giving people answers. Like they deferred everyone post interview and now they’re just WL everyone. What’s the point of putting 380 people on WL? I’m just sick of waiting and this was one of two schools interviewed at and have yet to get a real decision...this is the one thing I respect about those new expensive for profit DO schools like Noorda and ICOM...they at least tell you your "tier" on the waitlist
I agree, I don't think us waitlisted people can really expect anything positive at this point, especially according to last year's 8% chance of coming off the waitlist. I've seen last year's thread receiving phone calls up to July, but I'm not sure if I can mentally shift gears at that point lol380 waitlisted last year with 33 accepted at geisinger, so anyone on the alternate list is not in a good position and should start making alternate plans.
D
deleted1066189
as long as it's up to july and not up to august, that's fine i suppose. My 1st semester tuition is due late july at my schoollast year's thread receiving phone calls up to July, but I'm not sure if I can mentally shift gears at that point lol
I could shift into any gear if it meant receiving a full ride! 🤷🏻♂️😅I agree, I don't think us waitlisted people can really expect anything positive at this point, especially according to last year's 8% chance of coming off the waitlist. I've seen last year's thread receiving phone calls up to July, but I'm not sure if I can mentally shift gears at that point lol
Alive_Orange_8169
Full Member
I would state it in the subject line as I’ve heard that some medical admissions office staff auto delete thank you emails upon receipt 🙂does anyone know if a LOI must be stated in subject line or within email or if it could be in a thank you for updating me on my application (replying to the one I got)
MedSchoolApplicantFromFL
New Member
Interviewed 3/1. Letter of update sent in 3/15. Accepted 4/8!
Good luck to all!
Good luck to all!
Congratulations!!! Are you IS or OOS?Interviewed 3/1. Letter of update sent in 3/15. Accepted 4/8!
Good luck to all!
edit: haha just saw your username, I assume you are from FL?
MedSchoolApplicantFromFL
New Member
Congratulations!!! Are you IS or OOS?
edit: haha just saw your username, I assume you are from FL?
Thank you!! Was my first acceptance, very stoked.
OOS, yea from Florida haha XD
PM me if you have any other questions!
I'm sure this was asked before but I had trouble finding it in the thread, but when can accepted applicants expect to hear whether they were also accepted into the Primary Care Scholars Program? I feel like I remember reading somewhere that the decision would come about a week after acceptance to the regular program, can anyone confirm this or am I remembering things wrong?
chippers17
Full Member
Congrats! Was the update also a letter of interest or intent?Interviewed 3/1. Letter of update sent in 3/15. Accepted 4/8!
Good luck to all!
MedSchoolApplicantFromFL
New Member
The Update letter definitely expressed my specific interest in the program as well. Hope that helps!Congrats! Was the update also a letter of interest or intent?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ITrustInHimAlone
Full Member
Thanks
So I assume geisinger’s waitlist does not move til May? Just wondering if we can expect any news right after 4/15
just got my R in the mail today good luck everyone else!
HopefulMed123
Full Member
Yeah, don't think we will hear anything until after 4/30! Atleast that is how it was for the previous years.So I assume geisinger’s waitlist does not move til May? Just wondering if we can expect any news right after 4/15