2020-2021 Geisinger Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got my R in the mail today good luck everyone else!
Were you deferred? They’re not sending Rs too people on the alternate list are they?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
It's almost been a week since I got the A and my CYMS tool still hasn't shown up (this is my first A)... Should I call someone about this or is this somewhat normal?

It's almost been a week since I got the A and my CYMS tool still hasn't shown up (this is my first A)... Should I call someone about this or is this somewhat normal?
I would call and ask. You already got an A. It wouldn't hurt. Congrats btw

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who sent a LOI, did you send it as an email and attach the letter as a pdf or did you send it through the portal? For some reason I can't find a way to attach a PDF on the portal...

Thanks!!

For those who sent a LOI, did you send it as an email and attach the letter as a pdf or did you send it through the portal? For some reason I can't find a way to attach a PDF on the portal...

Thanks!!
It’s done via email and someone from the admissions will confirm that they received it! They will also remind you how many updates you have sent etc

Hopefully some movement starting tomorrow...!?

Has everyone who interviewed heard back already?

Last edited:
I just withdrew my A; GCSOM is a great school, but I have other options that are more fit for me. I hope one of you gets my spot!!

Reactions: 7 users
I just withdrew my A; GCSOM is a great school, but I have other options that are more fit for me. I hope one of you gets my spot!!
IS/OOS? Thanks and good luck on your journey!

Hey y'all figured I'd add to the data here:
Interviewed on 2/22 and was WL on 4/12 (I think that's the date).

Will be withdrawing-- hopefully that works out for somebody!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
interview 12/4
update 1/8
deferred 1/25
update/intent 3/15
waitlist 4/8

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone! I received my scholarship results from Geisinger, and I have decided to go somewhere cheaper. I withdrew my application, and I hope my acceptance goes out to someone on the waitlist - you guys will make great doctors - keep your head up, stay strong, and stay positive my friends :)

OOS Student - Brown University
First-Gen College
Public Health - BA
3.68c/3.60s
511 MCAT (129/127/127/128)
1 Publication, 1 Conference Presentation
Lot's of hours doing a bunch of cool stuff lol

Application Complete: Sept 3, 2020
Interview Invite: Sept 15
Interview: November 9
Acceptance: January 25, 2021
(did not send LOI or Update)

Feel free to DM if you need anything. Good Luck!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Hey everyone! I received my scholarship results from Geisinger, and I have decided to go somewhere cheaper. I withdrew my application, and I hope my acceptance goes out to someone on the waitlist - you guys will make great doctors - keep your head up, stay strong, and stay positive my friends :)

OOS Student - Brown University
First-Gen College
Public Health - BA
3.68c/3.60s
511 MCAT (129/127/127/128)
1 Publication, 1 Conference Presentation
Lot's of hours doing a bunch of cool stuff lol

Application Complete: Sept 3, 2020
Interview Invite: Sept 15
Interview: November 9
Acceptance: January 25, 2021
(did not send LOI or Update)

Feel free to DM if you need anything. Good Luck!
your profile pic is so cute @Jello Mello

• Care
I wish we could know how many people are on waitlist and where we are. Waiting is so stressful.

Reactions: 6 users
I wish we could know how many people are on waitlist and where we are. Waiting is so stressful.
I feel! I notice myself getting more anxious as the days go by! I definitely think we will get more clarity April 30th onwards though. Just a little more longer :) We waited for months on end, only a few more weeks and we are there!

I was WL at Geisinger, but I will be withdrawing. Good luck to all of you!

I feel! I notice myself getting more anxious as the days go by! I definitely think we will get more clarity April 30th onwards though. Just a little more longer :) We waited for months on end, only a few more weeks and we are there!
Do you think if we dont hear back very shortly after April 30th, theres a less chance? Like you said you think we will get more clarity after April 30th ( I assume thats when people need to make final decisions), so do you think there will be a lot of movement quickly, then very little?

I was WL at Geisinger, but I will be withdrawing. Good luck to all of you!
1 down, 300+ to go! Almost there guys! Thanks @Chimera417 :lol:
Do you think if we dont hear back very shortly after April 30th, theres a less chance? Like you said you think we will get more clarity after April 30th ( I assume thats when people need to make final decisions), so do you think there will be a lot of movement quickly, then very little?
This school has very little movement in general bc they waitlist everyone and refuse to tell you where you are on the waitlist so you can plan accordingly... They won't have much movement at all :/

This school has very little movement in general bc they waitlist everyone and refuse to tell you where you are on the waitlist so you can plan accordingly... They won't have much movement at all :/
yep...I'm keeping my spot on the waitlist but with my GPA as an ORM, it's not gonna work out. at this point I'm not looking back! Secured my apartment in Nevada :)

All we can do is wait and see at this point. We can't possibly predict how many people they are going to take off the waitlist. Just gotta hang in there for a few more weeks! :)

• Care
Also withdrew my A... well wishes, everyone!

• Care
I know multiple people who have gotten off the waitlist at the 11th hour, in like early June to different schools including Temple and Georgetown. I know the waiting game sucks and I'm right there with you, but you never know what will happen! Don't stress too much over numbers and metrics at this point, keep the faith.

Reactions: 3 users
Its not even just Geisinger, I feel like everywhere is super silent today... weird.
Is it that schools traditionally send out acceptances to waitlisted folks right after 5/1?

I figured to give it through the end of May, early June.

Its not even just Geisinger, I feel like everywhere is super silent today... weird.
It kinda makes sense to be silent today for schools that had movements during last weekend or yesterday, but Geisinger has been just....silent? I mean, there is no way for us to not know about the movement if it happened right...?
Is it that schools traditionally send out acceptances to waitlisted folks right after 5/1?
at least for geisinger, they did have movement right after 5/1

edit: nvm, it seems like geisinger took some time after 5/1 so i'd say later this week or early next week is when geisinger should reach out to WL applicants

Last edited:
Got the call about an hour ago!!!! This is my first A from three waitlists!!!! I’m in state and local but moved away for college, I’m so excited!!!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
Got the call about an hour ago!!!! This is my first A from three waitlists!!!! I’m in state and local but moved away for college, I’m so excited!!!!
Congratulations! That is amazing :)

I wonder if they only call once a day when they call to accept people off the waitlist. Or if they do it at different times per day lol. Been checking my phone constantly!

Received the call to pull me off the “bench!” Very excited. Keep the hope alive guys, the movement is real.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
Received the call to pull me off the “bench!” Very excited. Keep the hope alive guys, the movement is real.
When did you both interview? Thanks!

When did you receive the call? Congrats!
Initially at 9:40am PST… missed it because I thought it was someone I didn’t want to talk to lol (they usually call with no caller ID). Then she called back about 10:10am PST.

gah, do you guys think they are still making calls? :oops:
I think so! Just gotta stay positive. Fortunately I’ve been busy with work and personal matters so I haven’t paid much attention to the wait, but apparently GCSOM takes action quickly after 5/1

• Care
I think so! Just gotta stay positive. Fortunately I’ve been busy with work and personal matters so I haven’t paid much attention to the wait, but apparently GCSOM takes action quickly after 5/1
Haha really trying to stay positive, but I am going a biiiit crazy. Anyway, seems like we interviewed on the same day! We might have seen each other somehow, hehe.