2020-2021 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats guys :) Happy for you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Glad to see people getting off WL already!! Especially seems like everyone so far were WL'd in the last couple months, so what a great turnaround time. Wonder if any one who was waitlisted in November/December got word back? I was WL'd in December

Members don't see this ad :)
I got off the WL today too! Interviewed 1/26 WL 3/9

to those accepted, have you received the acceptance packet yet?

Reactions: 1 users
How about us October interviewers.... lol. :( please don't forget about me GW I know it was so long ago but please please pleeeeeeasssseeeeeee

Reactions: 5 users
I got WL on 03/09 also. Hopefully, they are still reviewing from that date. GW is my first choice 🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

How about us October interviewers.... lol. :( please don't forget about me GW I know it was so long ago but please please pleeeeeeasssseeeeeee
omg same............LOL i got waitlisted in october :( hope we both get in !

Got off the A and i interviewed in September lmao... This was my alma mater/ dream and I would’ve totally gone if accepted earlier but Im sad to say I will prob withdraw :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Got off the A and i interviewed in September lmao... This was my alma mater/ dream and I would’ve totally gone if accepted earlier but Im sad to say I will prob withdraw :(
Did you get accepted yesterday at noon? It sounds like you got into other great schools, congratulations! You will do great :)

Reactions: 1 user
6 people in this thread were offered A's off the WL yesterday, and this came a full week before there was any confirmed movement from last cycle's waitlist (Apr 27). (Only 11 total reports of WL -> A on last year's thread.) Not to mention we're still a full week and a half away from that Apr 30th landmark. Hard for me not to interpret all of this as a sign of greater WL movement than usual from GW.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Idont know if I'm looking tok much into it, but it seems like everyone that just got accepted off of the waitlist was
6 people in this thread were offered A's off the WL yesterday, and this came a full week before there was any confirmed movement from last cycle's waitlist (Apr 27). (Only 11 total reports of WL -> A on last year's thread.) Not to mention we're still a full week and a half away from that Apr 30th landmark. Hard for me not to interpret all of this as a sign of greater WL movement than usual from GW.
Impressive, I like your thinking! I think this means that us alternates still can't lose hope!

Wait a second. 11 WL —> A ONLY last year? So out of the assumed 200-300 people on the WL there will be a max of, say, 30 this year? Someone pls get me off this cliff of neuroticism.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait a second. 11 WL —> A ONLY last year? So out of the assumed 200-300 people on the WL there will be a max of, say, 30 this year? Someone pls get me off this cliff of neuroticism.
I can’t guarantee but I hope I can make you feel a bit less anxious (although I am a ball of anxiety right now). I am also waitlisted at Wayne State, which the school openly shares their application tracker on their website. Using their number to compare to the sdn thread, I concluded that there are about 10% applicants on the SDN thread compared to the actual applicant pool for WSU specifically. Of course the percentage itself is not accurate and the representativeness of the thread will vary by each school (WSU has one of the most active threads with like 76 pages), but my point is that SDN represents very tiny pool of the total applicant pool overall.

I can’t guarantee but I hope I can make you feel a bit less anxious (although I am a ball of anxiety right now). I am also waitlisted at Wayne State, which the school openly shares their application tracker on their website. Using their number to compare to the sdn thread, I concluded that there are about 10% applicants on the SDN thread compared to the actual applicant pool for WSU specifically. Of course the percentage itself is not accurate and the representativeness of the thread will vary by each school (WSU has one of the most active threads with like 76 pages), but my point is that SDN represents very tiny pool of the total applicant pool overall.
Definitely worth noting this. SDN is a small portion of total applicants. I've heard from many current GW students regarding the waitlist movement. Best suggestion is to hold out hope, but also plan going forward.

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't mean to add any anxiety through my observations -- I was trying to do the opposite. SDN represents a fraction of the whole of the applicant pool. There were only 11 reported WL -> A's last cycle, but there was in actuality a much bigger number of WL -> A's. The question is just how much bigger. In any case, there will always be WL -> A's that go unreported on this thread either because those applicants don't have profiles on here or because they don't end up accepting their A which would maybe decrease the probability that they post about it on here. The best -- and most anxiety-reducing -- takeaway from yesterday is that there could be tons of movement this cycle.

What are your stats? I interviewed in September too and was waitlisted, and I'm hoping to hear good news soon :/ this is my first choice!

I interviewed in November and am on the waitlist. Really hoping us earlier interviewers get some love soon!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
congrats !! i also interviewed in september and am really hoping i can get off the waitlist too :(

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but I was just accepted off the waitlist yesterday, and so I have no idea what date most students move out to DC and/or what Facebook groups students use to find roommates. If anyone would be willing to refer me to *any* of those resources, I would greatly greatly appreciate it!

Edit

Last edited:
I'm sorry for my ignorance, but I was just accepted off the waitlist yesterday, and so I have no idea what date most students move out to DC and/or what Facebook groups students use to find roommates. If anyone would be willing to refer me to *any* of those resources, I would greatly greatly appreciate it!

Edit
First off, congrats!!! I'm not sure when most students move to DC, but for findings roommates, there are several that GW suggests to people. You need a GW email before being able to access one that's through the school. But there are tons of DC roommate pages. Current students have had luck finding roommates through the accept students page from what I've been told. Send me a PM and I can send you some of the other DC housing pages on facebook.

Out of curiosity, are all classes mandatory to attend at GWU Med school? Or are lectures recorded?

Last edited:
Lectures are recorded, but there are some mandatory lectures/events.
Ok, so to clarify, are lectures 8 am-4 pm five days a week mandatory? or just some 1-2 hour lectures here and there are mandatory?

just got off the waitlist today at 12pm ET! Interviewed 2/4 and got waitlisted on 3/9. I sent in a letter of interest, a letter of intent, and even submitted a song I wrote about the school (not sure if the last one contributed to the acceptance in any way.) I'm so excited as this is my top choice. Best of luck to you all!!
I love this!!

Has anyone sent a new LOR after being waitlisted? I told my lor writer to send it to the medadmit email because thats what people said in previous threads but I just realized the portal says "*Please note, additional Letters of Recommendation should be sent using the AMCAS letters service. If you send this letter after your file is complete, please update us via this site to let us know that you have submitted an additional letter for review."

Should I do it through amcas then?

Has anyone sent a new LOR after being waitlisted? I told my lor writer to send it to the medadmit email because thats what people said in previous threads but I just realized the portal says "*Please note, additional Letters of Recommendation should be sent using the AMCAS letters service. If you send this letter after your file is complete, please update us via this site to let us know that you have submitted an additional letter for review."

i think they said to email directly for waitlisted applicants, so you should be fine.

also going off of this question, should we receive the letter from our letter writers and send it ourselves or should our LOR writers just email it to the medadmit email directly...?

also going off of this question, should we receive the letter from our letter writers and send it ourselves or should our LOR writers just email it to the medadmit email directly...?
Make your writer send the letter to GW directly! We are not supposed to see the letters :)

Hi everyone! I am visiting D.C. tomorrow. I will be there until Monday afternoon about 4 pm. I was wondering if anyone is around. I would like to know more about how it feels to live there and being a student at GW. Thank you 😊

Hi everyone! I am visiting D.C. tomorrow. I will be there until Monday afternoon about 4 pm. I was wondering if anyone is around. I would like to know more about how it feels to live there and being a student at GW. Thank you 😊
Please report back! Trying to decide between GWU and another school by Friday 😅

Please report back! Trying to decide between GWU and another school by Friday 😅
If you’re an accepted student, you should post on the fb page. It seems there’s quite a few students around the area!

If you’re an accepted student, you should post on the fb page. It seems there’s quite a few students around the area!

they'll send you an email with all this info (w/ access to admitted student webpage); but here's the link to the admitted FB page: Facebook 小组
I haven't received ANY of this info which tbh is a little frustrating

For those who are on the WL/alternate pool: Anyone else get an email saying it is likely they'll be offered a seat after April 30th? Found this a little odd and don't want to get my hopes up.

For those who are on the WL/alternate pool: Anyone else get an email saying it is likely they'll be offered a seat after April 30th? Found this a little odd and don't want to get my hopes up.
No, I didn't get one of those. Well now I'm definitely overthinking it.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I would assume that they sent you this because you are pretty high up on the waitlist. Regardless I would also assume they don't send a lot of those out to everyone. Good luck, maybe I'll see you here in August lol!

I just got this email as well!

Damn I thought I’d be excited to see some WL movwment but now I don’t feel well since I’m not getting those emails 🥲

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
I got the email!

I would assume that they sent you this because you are pretty high up on the waitlist. Regardless I would also assume they don't send a lot of those out to everyone. Good luck, maybe I'll see you here in August lol!
Thank you! I hope so.

I got the email too! Hopefully it means something! Gotta keep the expectations low tho😭

No email, well this is a depressing end to my Monday 😭

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Should we reply to the email? or do they just expect a reply if we've already committed somewhere else?

Should we reply to the email? or do they just expect a reply if we've already committed somewhere else?
I think we should regardless! My subject line said "please reply".

Just wondering, was the letter like the ones from previous cycles which asked if you guys are interested in attending? Or is this a brand new email with different wording?