2020-2021 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think we should regardless! My subject line said "please reply".
That's true! Sorry my heart literally races and I get nervous every time I get an email from GW :rofl:

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering, was the letter like the ones from previous cycles which asked if you guys are interested in attending? Or is this a brand new email with different wording?
On previous threads I’ve seen people receive emails asking if they are still interested as well as emails stating they are likely to be accepted.
The email I received today said the latter.

When did you all interview? Curious because it seemed like everyone who was accepted last week had a late interview date.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the people who got the ‘likely to be offered a seat’ emails, what were your stats if you don’t me asking?

Reactions: 1 user
I’m starting to think my interview invite was sent as a mistake, a glitch in the system hahahaha :(

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
While of course it's disapointing not to have gotten an email, I think this is good for those of us still on the waitlist as well. I can't imagine GW not being very conservative about who they send emails like that to. They've already had more waitlist movement at this point than last year, and I think this is a good sign we're going to see a lot more in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
For the people who got the ‘likely to be offered a seat’ emails, what were your stats if you don’t me asking?
My LizzyM is 68.9 but I think my ECs are what made me even the slightest bit competitive since I spent a lot of my time on community health related activities

Does anyone know if the classes will be online or in person? How many in person sessions should we attend during the week?

Does anyone know if the classes will be online or in person? How many in person sessions should we attend during the week?
In the email that was sent out today to alternates, they said "We plan on as normal a year as possible and students will need to obtain local housing." So I am hoping that means classes will be mostly if not all in person.

Members don't see this ad :)
In the email that was sent out today to alternates, they said "We plan on as normal a year as possible and students will need to obtain local housing." So I am hoping that means classes will be mostly if not all in person.
Did any alternates not get this email? I am on the alternate list and have not received any emails from GW since like March.

Reactions: 17 users
Did any alternates not get this email? I am on the alternate list and have not received any emails from GW since like March.
the majority should have not gotten this email. I am hoping that more emails will roll out after 4/30!

Reactions: 4 users
I think someone said GW is a bit unclear about having some sort of internal rankings, but unsure if that’s for clinicals or preclinicals
Pre clinical is P/F as long as you get >67% average on all of the exams in a given block.

Reactions: 1 users
I know looking at the number of Facebook group members isn't a good method of estimating how many students have committed. But compared to last year around this time there were ~145 people in the group vs the ~186 now..is that bad news for those of us on the WL..? Anyone have any theories about that?

I know looking at the number of Facebook group members isn't a good method of estimating how many students have committed. But compared to last year around this time there were ~145 people in the group vs the ~186 now..is that bad news for those of us on the WL..? Anyone have any theories about that?
The number was from a comment in the 2019-2020 thread around apr-may last year

It’s not a bad news simply because it’s too unreliable. Especially because we weren’t able to visit DC, the only way to interact with accepted students and other faculty/student members of GW is through the fb group. I think it’s pretty normal to see an increase around April and early May, and number will change again when people start to drop As at GW and leave the fb group

It’s not a bad news simply because it’s too unreliable. Especially because we weren’t able to visit DC, the only way to interact with accepted students and other faculty/student members of GW is through the fb group. I think it’s pretty normal to see an increase around April and early May, and number will change again when people start to drop As at GW and leave the fb group
Good point👍🏼 Thanks for the positivity. It’s been a long and harsh cycle :/

• Care
Good point👍🏼 Thanks for the positivity. It’s been a long and harsh cycle :/
it really has been! i'm hoping GW's waitlist moves a lot this cycle, but I guess there is no way for us to really know other than the fact that the movement itself started a bit earlier. let's stay hopeful!

For anyone who has been accepted, I have a few DC housing Facebook groups I can send links to. Send me a PM and I'll send you what I've sent to a few other people! I moved here around 2 years ago so I know the struggle of finding housing in DC. Figured I'd help out while I wait for waitlist movement.

I'm on the waitlist and did not get the email either. Do you think this has anything to do with people deciding between schools and the April 30th deadline?

I'm on the waitlist and did not get the email either. Do you think this has anything to do with people deciding between schools and the April 30th deadline?
On the email it says “Should we be able to offer an acceptance, it would likely be offered after April 30.” I’m guessing they are anticipating some seats to open up after the 30th, and this is their way for yield control by only accepting students who are going to commit

On the email it says “Should we be able to offer an acceptance, it would likely be offered after April 30.” I’m guessing they are anticipating some seats to open up after the 30th, and this is their way for yield control by only accepting students who are going to commit
I'm not sure about that! because I didn't get an email and I made it clear several times that I'm going to commit to GW if accepted haha

I'm not sure about that! because I didn't get an email and I made it clear several times that I'm going to commit to GW if accepted haha
Oh I meant like GW Is sending emails before accepting Bc they wanna make sure the people they wanna accept will actually commit😂 not like in general

Does anyone know if lectures are mandatory to attend? Also, are lectures gonna be online or in person?

I am not sure if anyone else has already asked this question. Is grading system pass/fail for the first two years? Do we also get honors or not?

Does anyone know if lectures are mandatory to attend? Also, are lectures gonna be online or in person?
I am not sure if anyone else has already asked this question. Is grading system pass/fail for the first two years? Do we also get honors or not?
Lectures are all recorded. There are some things that are required or heavily recommended like small group sessions and a few other things. From my knowledge, it's just P/F for preclinical. Maybe someone can hop on and verify?

Lectures are all recorded. There are some things that are required or heavily recommended like small group sessions and a few other things. From my knowledge, it's just P/F for preclinical. Maybe someone can hop on and verify?
You're correct! The vast majority of large lectures for your core organ system blocks are recorded and not required. Small group sessions in the Practice of Medicine Course are required, as are a few sessions in Patients, Populations, and Systems (mainly classes that include panels and the Public Health Summits). The pre-clinical courses are all Pass/Fail with no Honors/High Pass. Once you get to the clinical period and are on rotations it then switches to an Honors/High Pass/Pass/Conditional/Fail system. Hope this helps to clarify! Best of luck to all of you!

Alright who’s tryna throw hands for these two seats??? I took one kickboxing class once, I’m ready to duel.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Accepted this morning!!! I received the likely letter last week. Will very likely be attending!

Reactions: 5 users
A question for the accepted off the WL folks: have you been given a date by which you must accept?

received the “likely to be accepted” email last week, and just got my FIRST A 😭!! I literally worried this entire last week that I no longer feel the excitement LOL just a feeling of relief.. still a surreal feeling though, I’m going to become a doctor everyone!!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 17 users
Congrats to those who received As today!!!! Hoping GW sends out more ‘likely to be accepted’ emails soon!

Reactions: 7 users
has anyone who also received that email not gotten an acceptance yet :|

• Care
has anyone who also received that email not gotten an acceptance yet :|
If you got the email it at least means you're really high up on the WL! Your acceptance is On the way! don't lose hope!!

• Care