You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Georgetown
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dcceelo
Full Member
Congrats. This is one of my top choices. When you were complete? So nervousII for the MD/PhD program!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1041819
II for MD/PhD today. Complete in the first week of August.
When did you interview? I interviewed last month and they told me 8-10 weeksWhen Georgetown said 10-12 weeks do we count the week of the 25th and the 31st??? or these not considered???? wondering if one could hear news during those weeks.
seamilk
Full Member
mid julyCongrats. This is one of my top choices. When you were complete? So nervous
10/21When did you interview? I interviewed last month and they told me 8-10 weeks
Do we know if GU is receptive to additional letters of recommendation from the waitlist? I already sent an update letter after the initial WL decision but I can't really find any info on it. Thanks!
puddingpistachio
New Member
Finally caught the pre-II R, complete 9/16
Justtryintomedschool
Full Member
Not surprised but still a little bummed! Pre-II R, complete 09/16. LM 72
Do we know if GU is receptive to additional letters of recommendation from the waitlist? I already sent an update letter after the initial WL decision but I can't really find any info on it. Thanks!
Do you accept post-submission updates (including transcripts)?
Post-submission updates will be limited to text updates submitted via the online Secondary Application portal. Mailed or emailed correspondence – including transcripts and thank-you notes – will not be uploaded to your application. Applicants who have interviewed will have the opportunity to upload a thank-you note in PDF format (which may be typed or hand-written/scanned by the applicant) to the Secondary Application.Pre II R, good luck all! Complete 9/20
Pre II R this morning, complete 9/6
Have these Rs been rolling in all day or did they all come in the AM? Not sure how much longer I'll last lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations!! Out of curiosity, did you happen to submit an update letter or LOI prior to your A, post-interview?A! Interviewed 10/1 🙂
cacaonibs
Full Member
Thanks!Congratulations!! Out of curiosity, did you happen to submit an update letter or LOI prior to your A, post-interview?
Yes, I sent an update through the portal three weeks before getting the A. I didn't send a LOI though.
how long is interview season until for Georgetown ?
Pre-II R as well, complete 10/18. A little disappointed but it is what it is. Good luck everyone!
Last edited:
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Just got an R. Complete late Sept. Second rejection today. Thinking I should stop paying attention to SDN and just assume the worst outcome for this application cycle.
Don't lose hope! I'm not counting myself out from the schools I haven't heard from until at least February. We still have time!Just got an R. Complete late Sept. Second rejection today. Thinking I should stop paying attention to SDN and just assume the worst outcome for this application cycle.
ISOgoodjuju
Full Member
Pre-II R today
+1Pre-II R as well, complete 10/18. A little disappointed because I thought this was a pretty solid target school, but it is what it is. Good luck everyone!
complete 9/19
Axed.. pre-II R complete 09/16
Lady Tsunade
Full Member
Just got that fat WL bright and early 🙁
Good luck to everyone!!
Good luck to everyone!!
Oh no, when did you interview if you don’t mind me asking?Just got that fat WL bright and early 🙁
Good luck to everyone!!
Lady Tsunade
Full Member
Oh, sorry! I probably should have mentioned that. 10/7Oh no, when did you interview if you don’t mind me asking?
Lady Tsunade
Full Member
Hey! So I have a very specific question.
I already sent a letter of intent to the school in that 8-10 week waiting period. However now since I am on the waitlist I need/want to send another (they provide a new and very specific spot for LOIs on the WL portion of the portal) but I honestly don’t know what else to say that isn’t repeating myself from my initial LOI. For those who have written multiple Letters of Interest before, how did you keep it fresh each time? Lol. I could really use some advice! Thank you so much in advance.
I already sent a letter of intent to the school in that 8-10 week waiting period. However now since I am on the waitlist I need/want to send another (they provide a new and very specific spot for LOIs on the WL portion of the portal) but I honestly don’t know what else to say that isn’t repeating myself from my initial LOI. For those who have written multiple Letters of Interest before, how did you keep it fresh each time? Lol. I could really use some advice! Thank you so much in advance.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also got WL'ed today. Interviewed 10/7.
The same thing happened to me and I imagine to lots of other people. Really sucks and have been trying to think of something myself :/ I hope someone else can chime in on this to help us both lolHey! So I have a very specific question.
I already sent a letter of intent to the school in that 8-10 week waiting period. However now since I am on the waitlist I need/want to send another (they provide a new and very specific spot for LOIs on the WL portion of the portal) but I honestly don’t know what else to say that isn’t repeating myself from my initial LOI. For those who have written multiple LOIs before, how did you keep it fresh each time? Lol. I could really use some advice! Thank you so much in advance.
benzeniality
Full Member
Waitlisted. Interviewed 10/6. Anyone know what the waitlist movement is like with a letter of intent?
Anecdotally, they have good wait list movement. However, they didn't report it to MSAR, so we don't have any hard numbers.Waitlisted. Interviewed 10/6. Anyone know what the waitlist movement is like with a letter of intent?
I think the best info available would be reading through last years and previous years’ threadWaitlisted. Interviewed 10/6. Anyone know what the waitlist movement is like with a letter of intent?
Interviewed 10/14. Any idea if I'll be hearing before the holiday? looks not like it 🙁
ducks_are _the best
Full Member
interviewed same week -- hoping for the best, expecting the worseInterviewed 10/14. Any idea if I'll be hearing before the holiday? looks not like it 🙁
Same :-(Interviewed 10/14. Any idea if I'll be hearing before the holiday? looks not like it 🙁
I feel like you’ll probably hear the week of Jan 4 which is when most things return from break.Same :-(
Sigh, I figuredI feel like you’ll probably hear the week of Jan 4 which is when most things return from break.
D
deleted1041819
Are the interviews open or closed file?
If anyone is taking part in the special policy that Gtown has for students doing SMP's/grad programs at other schools, could you shed some light on the additional LOR they talk about? It says you can send an additional letter to the school from your current program director to the school and it wouldn't be counted under the official letters, so does this just mean you can have someone email the letter to medadmissions?
My understanding and experience is that they are partially open -- they have access to things like your personal statement, activities, and secondary essay, but they don't have access to your stats (GPA, MCAT, etc.).Are the interviews open or closed file?
ITrustInHimAlone
Full Member
How long is the Interview Day Presentation? It starts at 10:45 AM EST but when does it end? Also what do you do during this time? Do you just listen or do you speak?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
helloeverybody123
Full Member
Have decisions/calls gone out for anyone that interviewed later than 10/6?
ducks_are _the best
Full Member
I dont think so... anyone know when next round of As go out?Have decisions/calls gone out for anyone that interviewed later than 10/6?
Does anyone know the WL movement and when we might start expecting notifications? I tried reading previous threads and couldn't get a good idea (also because COVID-19 I'm not sure if things might be delayed).
Most of it will probably happen March/April. I think it started last year late Feb. I predict it'll probably be drastically different this year due to COVID with more movement - maybe earlier.Does anyone know the WL movement and when we might start expecting notifications? I tried reading previous threads and couldn't get a good idea (also because COVID-19 I'm not sure if things might be delayed).
I’m anxious to find out as well! Should be this week. Honestly was expecting to see some movement today.I dont think so... anyone know when next round of As go out?