2020-2021 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted. I'm sad. Is there good movement on the waitlist? Can someone make me feel better? Lol

I also just got waitlisted. Sad Monday feels

I spoke to an M2 yesterday who said "damn near everybody gets waitlisted" and told me a lot of the people in her class were waitlisted 🙂 I believe they're considered a "low yield school", so my hypothesis is that it's part of their yield protection.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I spoke to an M2 yesterday who said "damn near everybody gets waitlisted" and told me a lot of the people in her class were waitlisted 🙂 I believe they're considered a "low yield school", so my hypothesis is that it's part of their yield protection.
what is a low yield school
 
Ugh interviewed early October and I’m so antsy for a decision but probs won’t hear back until December :whistle:
 
what is a low yield school
I think people on here say it to mean schools that receive a lot of applications, but the percentage of accepted people who matriculate is low. If I remember correctly, they said their yield was about 53%. No clue what is average or what other schools have.
 
i always thought low yield meant low chance of any success since low yield schools like GW, Gtown, Drexel, etc. receive a bunch of apps. Their total acceptance rates are like 1-2%. most schools have a matriculant yield of 50%.
@babygreenbeans and @drscorpio this "Low Yield" of which you speak depends entirely on the perspective.

A school which states its yield means: "How many of the students we offer admission to actually matriculate?"

An applicant may look at it as: "This school has 17,000 applicants and only 100 spots in he class. It is low-yield for me."
 
I was waitlisted last week and I’m under the impression that it’s best to send updates/a letter of interest or intent closer to Feb/Mar/Apr when there’s bound to be more WL movement. Thoughts?
 
I was waitlisted last week and I’m under the impression that it’s best to send updates/a letter of interest or intent closer to Feb/Mar/Apr when there’s bound to be more WL movement. Thoughts?
I think one letter now, and one letter around that time is probably best.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
was it with a med student? did they say anything about the process?
Mine actually was with a student and the gist was hey I’m just here to make sure you’re normal lol. Got asked some standard interview questions and had some good conversation so I’m hoping it works out but it wasn’t stressful
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad