2020-2021 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does anyone know if we have to include our parents' information on the Health Science Application for Student Financial Assistance even if we don't want to be considered for need based scholarships?
From what I understood it was to get a bigger picture of your financial situation, but I don’t think they said you had to include them or not.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This cycle is very different for a lot of reasons. They’ve even increased the class size this year. If you’re still waiting to hear back I wouldn’t give up hope just yet! Patience is definitely a virtue in this process lol.
 
This cycle is very different for a lot of reasons. They’ve even increased the class size this year. If you’re still waiting to hear back I wouldn’t give up hope just yet! Patience is definitely a virtue in this process lol.
What’s the new class size?
 
I signed up for tomorrow's First Friday about a month ago, but I didn't receive an invite? Just mailed admissions about it (called and no answer); I hope they can provide me the link in time. D:

EDIT: Admissions got back to me; somehow the email I'd used when I signed up for the invite hadn't worked, but they replied to my email with the invite! CRISIS AVERTED.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A bunch of people asked about interviews and info about the remaining cycle in the chat however they didn’t address it AT ALL. Only that there’s 5-6 interview dates left
 
It was just stated that they have about 30 applicants to review out of the 7500 apps in total. Once they finish reviewing, then they will send out their final interview invites. They stated multiple times that this was a highly competitive cycle
 
They said at first friday that they have met the deadline required by amcas to have 125 seats offered by march 1st. Soooo idk if that means that the rest of the seats offered after interviews will be automatically WL?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete in august and the only correspondence I had is on February 17th with that review email. whats going on lol???? no other medical school I applied to has been dragging their feet this slow and not being transparent.
 
Does anyone know if Howard has a hard prerequisite for math? I've only had to take Calculus 1 for my major (3 hours).