2020-2021 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi what does it mean when they say amcas reviewed
Just a courtesy email to inform you they've went through your file.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if we have to include our parents' information on the Health Science Application for Student Financial Assistance even if we don't want to be considered for need based scholarships?
From what I understood it was to get a bigger picture of your financial situation, but I don’t think they said you had to include them or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if we have to include our parents' information on the Health Science Application for Student Financial Assistance even if we don't want to be considered for need based scholarships?
do we need to fill out any financial aid forms if we haven't yet been accepted?

I believe it’s every Monday. All I know it’s that a few went out today since the Facebook group increased by 5+
I see. I looked back in the thread a little and I see that some applicants heard back on Tuesdays and Fridays as well. hmmm

Howard start sending out rejections in March right?

Yea, from what I’ve heard March is the beginning of the rejection cycle but they aren’t formally required to reject students until the cycle is fully complete

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
so much for it taking "4-6 weeks for your full application to be reviewed and processed". I just withdrew my application... I submitted in July, yet got 4 interviews for schools that I preferred anyway.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
honestly same. submitted July, had 4 interviews and 2 acceptances but really really sad Howard ghosted me lmao.

so much for it taking "4-6 weeks for your full application to be reviewed and processed". I just withdrew my application... I submitted in July, yet got 4 interviews for schools that I preferred anyway.

Reactions: 1 users
honestly same. submitted July, had 4 interviews and 2 acceptances but really really sad Howard ghosted me lmao.
def prob for the best. wish i could get a refund haha. its prob for the best anyway

There are a lot of schools I’m not applying to next cycle. I’m glad I know now there are a lot of schools that consider payments to be donations. But I’m still holding out for Howard. Sending good energy to people/Howard admissions lol.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
This cycle is very different for a lot of reasons. They’ve even increased the class size this year. If you’re still waiting to hear back I wouldn’t give up hope just yet! Patience is definitely a virtue in this process lol.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
This cycle is very different for a lot of reasons. They’ve even increased the class size this year. If you’re still waiting to hear back I wouldn’t give up hope just yet! Patience is definitely a virtue in this process lol.
What’s the new class size?

I signed up for tomorrow's First Friday about a month ago, but I didn't receive an invite? Just mailed admissions about it (called and no answer); I hope they can provide me the link in time. D:

EDIT: Admissions got back to me; somehow the email I'd used when I signed up for the invite hadn't worked, but they replied to my email with the invite! CRISIS AVERTED.

Last edited:
what does the priority deadline mean?
You get considered for more money. The deadline was February 1st. But you can still apply for FAFSA regularly but may not be considered for as much money. But now we know for the following years

You get considered for more money. The deadline was February 1st. But you can still apply for FAFSA regularly but may not be considered for as much money. But now we know for the following years
Ok, they re-evaluate every year? Do I still stand a chance for scholarships?

For those attending first Friday today, any insight on how many seats left to be filled for this cycle?

At first friday right now. Dr. Rose said there are 5-6 more interview days left. Does anyone know how many ppl are at each interview day?

Reactions: 3 users
A bunch of people asked about interviews and info about the remaining cycle in the chat however they didn’t address it AT ALL. Only that there’s 5-6 interview dates left

It was just stated that they have about 30 applicants to review out of the 7500 apps in total. Once they finish reviewing, then they will send out their final interview invites. They stated multiple times that this was a highly competitive cycle

They said at first friday that they have met the deadline required by amcas to have 125 seats offered by march 1st. Soooo idk if that means that the rest of the seats offered after interviews will be automatically WL?

They said at first friday that they have met the deadline required by amcas to have 125 seats offered by march 1st. Soooo idk if that means that the rest of the seats offered after interviews will be automatically WL?
That’s offers but people decline so who knows!

Ms. Celia willaims - fowlkes said on first friday that we can expect the hear about rejections starting march 15th. She also said that interview invites for the last 3 interview days have not been sent out yet.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Is there anyone who interviewed in February still waiting on an admissions decision? I still haven’t heard back yet

I was complete in august and the only correspondence I had is on February 17th with that review email. whats going on lol???? no other medical school I applied to has been dragging their feet this slow and not being transparent.

• Sad
I heard you're sending me an interview invite today, thanks in advance Howard!

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Does anyone know if Howard has a hard prerequisite for math? I've only had to take Calculus 1 for my major (3 hours).