2020-2021 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That’s so little spots 😭😭
Awwww no I don’t want you to lose hope! There is still a chance that’s why I posted it.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I planned on attending the first Friday but due to unforeseen circumstances I couldn't make it. Do you think it will count against me? I know they will have one next month and I hope to attend.

I planned on attending the first Friday but due to unforeseen circumstances I couldn't make it. Do you think it will count against me? I know they will have one next month and I hope to attend.
I doubt it. There so many people that show up, I'm sure they're not keeping track of who show up and who didn't

Members don't see this ad :)
I wasn't able to attend one of the first Friday's I scheduled for, but I received an II and an acceptance. You're fine!

Reactions: 1 users
Still 79 people. But remember that 79 comprises of the admin and some current students
And those are just the people who have a FB account. I’m sure there are people who don’t and have been accepted :/

Interview invite received at 11:56 PM 2-7-2021

Primary processed: 7-31-2020
Secondary processed: 8-4-2020

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 21 users
Interview invite received at 11:56 PM 2-7-2021

Primary processed: 7-31-2020
Secondary processed: 8-4-2020
congrats!!! mind sharing stats and when you received your "we reviewed your primary" email - also, out of curiosity are you AA or an ORM? oh ya and last but not least, how far out are they scheduling interview xD lol ok that should be all my questions & probs everyone else's

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
congrats!!! mind sharing stats and when you received your "we reviewed your primary" email - also, out of curiosity are you AA or an ORM? oh ya and last but not least, how far out are they scheduling interview xD lol ok that should be all my questions & probs everyone else's

Congrats! What were your stats?

Thanks! Glad they looked at my app holistically and hope IIs are coming your way too <3

URM (AA) / Non-trad with a lot of experience in clinical research (several pubs and conference oral presentations), community organizing and volunteering, and advocacy.

OOS LizzyM ~63 (not the best but graduated with honors from an MS program so that may help)

Got the "AMCAS Application Reviewed" email on 8-18-2020

As far as scheduling, they showed only a few dates (extended 30 IIs for late Feb and early March), but they are extending ~70 more interviews beyond these dates (they interview through the first week of April)

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
I got an application reviewed email today. I got all excited thinking it was an interview invite at first lol :/

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Thanks! Glad they looked at my app holistically and hope IIs are coming your way too <3

URM (AA) / Non-trad with a lot of experience in clinical research (several pubs and conference oral presentations), community organizing and volunteering, and advocacy.

OOS LizzyM ~63 (not the best but graduated with honors from an MS program so that may help)

As far as scheduling, they showed only a few dates (extended 30 IIs for late Feb and early March), but they are extending ~70 more interviews beyond these dates (they interview through the first week of April)
Congratulations on your interview and good luck! Forgive the noobie question but what does "AA" mean?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who submitted mid-October heard back?
I just got an email today saying the reviewed my primary and secondary application and if selected for an interview they will email about it. But its basically what a lot of people got sent in the thread once their applications were reviewed.

I just got that same email this morning. Does anyone know the turn around time after you receive this email?

Reactions: 1 users
Any intel on how they review applications? I just got the reviewed email too.. Caught me off-guard bc I was complete in August/Sept. Didn't realize they hadn't even reviewed my app yet. For those who just received it, when were you complete?
10/15. Just received the review email last night

Any intel on how they review applications? I just got the reviewed email too.. Caught me off-guard bc I was complete in August/Sept. Didn't realize they hadn't even reviewed my app yet. For those who just received it, when were you complete?
Complete 10/14 I believe (+/- 1 day)

Submitted in September and did not receive the email. Anyone else?

Last edited:
If they have reviewed my primary and secondary, what is the point of telling me if they have not decided on an invite or not. How did they even review?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
If they have reviewed my primary and secondary, what is the point of telling me if they have not decided on an invite or not. How did they even review?
I'm also confused about this, is this meant that they have reviewed it but have not made a decision yet? For those who have received a pre-II/II, how long after the "reviewed your application" email did you get a decision update?

I'm also confused about this, is this meant that they have reviewed it but have not made a decision yet? For those who have received a pre-II/II, how long after the "reviewed your application" email did you get a decision update?
From what I have gathered, they don’t give out rejections until the end of the cycle.

Yeah I was complete in September but haven't received it either. Honestly going through a cycle has taught me that schools have their own way of doing things. It's a fool's game trying to figure it out. I see October folks getting the review email and I haven't heard anything.

I suppose the complete emails are Howard's attempt at more transparency, but it's unnecessary and quite frankly stupid if the review email isn't immediately followed with a "II" or "R." For those asking about timeline, there's no set timeline between reviewed --> II. Someone a couple posts above said they received the review email on August 18th 2020 and he is just now getting a II. Some people still haven't received one and probably never will. In short, I wouldn't read to much into the email. Hope for the best, expect the worst.
It seems random. If I'm thinking of the right e-mail that's being discussed, I received it back in December and I was complete here late August.

What is the review email?
1613072967413.jpeg

Congratulations! Do you know/think everyone will receive an application reviewed email ? I submitted my application late october (close to November).

Place on Waitlist.My interview did not go well as expected! SAD
Good Luck to Everyone.Howard University was my dream school!

Last edited:
  • Care
Place on Waitlist.My interview did not go well as expected! SAD
Aw im sorry!
If you don’t mind, when were you complete and stats? I think there’s a lot of WL so I’m sure you’ll get in!

Aw im sorry!
If you don’t mind, when were you complete and stats? I think there’s a lot of WL so I’m sure you’ll get in!
Its okay.Just ruined my day.I was so bad that it took them less than a week to reject me.lol

• Care
Its okay.Just ruined my day.I was so bad that it took them less than a week to reject me.lol
If you really want to go to this school Id write them a letter of intent if they accept those.

Got waitlisted today. The interview went well so somewhat surprised. According to MSAR 75/125 get off the waitlist, so still hopeful.

Reactions: 3 users
Got waitlisted today. The interview went well so somewhat surprised. According to MSAR 75/125 get off the waitlist, so still hopeful.
Honestly you are in that weird place where classes are full/filling up and schools are waiting for people to drop acceptances. I wouldn't take it personal. If you felt it went well, you will probably be pulled off once May comes around. Send updates/LOI as well.

I am sobbing right Now. The news hit me so hard that my patient that came for PTSD and suicide counseling is consoling me telling me life is worth living.smh

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
It’s not over yet! You have a good chance!
When were you complete and when did you interview? Mind sharing stats?

I am sobbing right Now. The news hit me so hard that my patient that came for PTSD and suicide counseling is consoling me telling me life is worth living.smh
A friend of mine was waitlisted last year and then finally accepted 3 weeks before classes start, so there's hope! Stay positive.

Lol getting a little nervous. Applied late (end of october/early november). Does everyone receive an application reviewed email?

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone hear back a response from the end of January interview dates?

Congratulations! Do you know/think everyone will receive an application reviewed email ? I submitted my application late october (close to November).
I have no idea and also don’t think they are important, may just be a technical, pro forma thing