2020-2021 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted around 2 pm! Interviewed 11/4

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
People please put a time stamp of the email :rofl:

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone still waiting to hear back that interviewed Oct 14?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have a good Valentine’s Day everybody!

• Love
I’ve read a couple of different answers to this question: Will they accept a science letter in lieu of a non-science letter? I emailed to ask about 6 weeks ago but have not heard back yet. If I truly do need a non-science letter I am really going to have
Yes. I submitted an extra science letter and just got the A today!

I interviewed 11/04 and still haven't heard anything 🙁 i'm not super hopeful considering my MCAT is a 504 and my GPA is a 3.6. I am IS so I have that going for me 😂😂 good luck to everyone and congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!

• Care
Accepted today around 2pm! IS and interviewed on 10/7.

It would be lovely if a current student could speak to this, but does anyone know what IU’s financial aid situation looks like? What are the average stats for merit aid recipients at IU?

It would be lovely if a current student could speak to this, but does anyone know what IU’s financial aid situation looks like? What are the average stats for merit aid recipients at IU?
I know for sure that top 15 percent of all applicants get chosen for merit based scholarships based on GPA and MCAT. I believe these students also get their campus choice. Plus there is a financial aid survey you fill out to see if you qualify for any scholarships based on alumni donations in the spring. That stuff all happens before classes officially start.

Then during the first year, you may be called in for additional scholarship opportunities that you fit for that are campus specific. Not sure if Indy has these but regional campuses have scholarships specific for their students. These are all from alumni donations.

I don’t have specific stats as to how many people get “merit” scholarships or how many get scholarships period. You may be able to find these on the official site. But the vast majority of us are financing our education by loans. I hope I cleared up any questions and this is all to the best of my knowledge.

Also, congratulations to all who heard back today. This is a huge accomplishment, so take time to celebrate it! To all who haven’t heard back, take some time for yourself to take a break. I know this cycle - I’ve been there. It’s hard to break away and distance yourself a bit. Don’t stress out too much and know what you’re feeling is normal - and that you’re not alone in this. You got this!

Reactions: 4 users
First of all congrats to all! You truly deserved it and all your hard work has paid off!

Also a question;
How long did it take your Dean's Evaluation to show up in the portal?

Last edited:
I interviewed 11/04 and still haven't heard anything 🙁 i'm not super hopeful considering my MCAT is a 504 and my GPA is a 3.6. I am IS so I have that going for me 😂😂 good luck to everyone and congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!
Interviewed same day, IS with MCAT 506 and GPA 3.85. No luck this round. Let's hope February is our month!

First of all congrats to all! You truly deserved it and all your hard work has payed off!

Also a question;
Mine still hasn't shone up and I've been emailing them about it since October.

First of all congrats to all! You truly deserved it and all your hard work has payed off!

Also a question;
In regards to your question: my Dean's Evaluation showed up on the portal two days after I received email confirmation from my undergrad institution that it had been sent.

Ok! I'm not the only one. I've been freaking out about it because my school has sent it twice and it still hasn't shown up.

Last edited:
So my Interview is at 3 but I see that the financial aid overview takes place at 2 different times and the student panel also takes place at 2 different times. Like do we pick which one we attend?

Ok im gonna have an hour or 2 gap.DO they have us in a zoom room until that time
IU does their interview day a little weird (in my personal opinion). You just click on the zoom link at the appropriate time to attend the session you want. Otherwise, you're free to do whatever. For the actual interview, you'll click on the check-in link 45 mins before your interview, and then you leave the zoom call. At your allotted time, you click a button in your interview tab of your portal to join the interview call.

Hi! I am working on putting together my campus rankings, and I was wondering if anyone knows if all campuses have gross anatomy/cadaver labs?

Hi! I am working on putting together my campus rankings, and I was wondering if anyone knows if all campuses have gross anatomy/cadaver labs?
Yes, all campuses follow the same curriculum which mandates gross anatomy cadaver labs.

We will get an email after our acceptance email about campus ranking?

We will get an email after our acceptance email about campus ranking?
Yes, it comes in a separate email. The ranking occurred through the student portal where you found your interview information last year.

Received an email that my application is now under consideration. Does that mean I wasn’t considered on Jan 15th and will be next month?

Received an email that my application is now under consideration. Does that mean I wasn’t considered on Jan 15th and will be next month?
Dude there are no guarantees to hearing back until June. I interviewed in October and am still waiting.

Dude there are no guarantees to hearing back until June. I interviewed in October and am still waiting.
I was just curious if NOW I am finally under consideration because I also interviewed awhile ago. Not sure why I am just receiving this email.

Does anyone know if there is a place to see Indiana's most recent residency match list? I've seen some links on SDN but most of them are broken. The best i could find was an outdated map that someone made, and I don't know if its trust worthy.

I was just curious if NOW I am finally under consideration because I also interviewed awhile ago. Not sure why I am just receiving this email.
Yeah I got that email 13 days after my interview. You can assume you'll be up for consideration now at their end-of-month committee meetings. But don't necessarily expect anything mid-February.

IU does their interview day a little weird (in my personal opinion). You just click on the zoom link at the appropriate time to attend the session you want. Otherwise, you're free to do whatever. For the actual interview, you'll click on the check-in link 45 mins before your interview, and then you leave the zoom call. At your allotted time, you click a button in your interview tab of your portal to join the interview call.
is my camera on during finacial aid and student panel thing

For those that interviewed already, what is some last minute advise you have to offer ? (maybe how it was doing 2 on 1, was it conversational, more ethical ?)

Does anyone know if there is a place to see Indiana's most recent residency match list? I've seen some links on SDN but most of them are broken. The best i could find was an outdated map that someone made, and I don't know if its trust worthy.
Here you go! My understanding is that they don't typically publish the match list but what with graduation being virtual this year and all, the graduation program/match list was put on their website.

Attachments

• 2020 IU School of Medicine Graduation Program and Match List.pdf
    211.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Love
For those that interviewed already, what is some last minute advise you have to offer ? (maybe how it was doing 2 on 1, was it conversational, more ethical ?)
For me one person did most of the talking and the other person would occasionally chime in. It wasn’t very conversational, they had a list of questions they had to get through. And they will throw in some ethical questions but they’re pretty straight forward. I was asked very typical questions, nothing hard at all. Good luck!!

Here you go! My understanding is that they don't typically publish the match list but what with graduation being virtual this year and all, the graduation program/match list was put on their website.
If i could award you the GOAT status, i def would 😂😂

• Haha
Don’t get your hopes down yet. I got my A in Nov (interview 10/7) and I have a 505 MCAT with a 3.5 GPA. I am also IS. You can do this. I believe in you

I didn't see anyone with their camera off, so I'd personally say it's best to have it on. If nothing else, it's the polite thing to do.
I found my interview to be a lot more conversational than I was lead to believe it would be. One person did the majority of the talking, with the other asking me a few questions in the middle. The questions didn't seem scripted, though they very well may have been and the interviewer was just very good at making things less stressful. In either case, good luck!

Someone shut off their camera during mine and we were immediately told that cameras must remain on at all times.
It must depend on the interviewers? They have set questions they have to ask everyone and they don't comment until you are done with your answer, but they did comment once I was done before moving on to the next one. In addition, the first 10 or so minutes it was very conversational, as well as the time at the end. I was worried when I saw on here that they had set questions and it felt impersonal, but I did feel like mine was pretty conversational and they asked many other questions outside of the required ones and asked/talked about what activities they loved on my primary and how unique it was. At the end, they were very personable and we were talking and laughing until time was up.

Edit:. The software is limited to 40 minutes and then it boots you all out, so keep that in mind. We were all kicked out while my interviewer was chatting lol. The time shows on the screen toward the end (and may have been there the whole time but I didn't notice, probably due to nerves).

Someone shut off their camera during mine and we were immediately told that cameras must remain on at all times.

It must depend on the interviewers? They have set questions they have to ask everyone and they don't comment until you are done with your answer, but they did comment once I was done before moving on to the next one. In addition, the first 10 or so minutes it was very conversational, as well as the time at the end. I was worried when I saw on here that they had set questions and it felt impersonal, but I did feel like mine was pretty conversational and they asked many other questions outside of the required ones and asked/talked about what activities they loved on my primary and how unique it was. At the end, they were very personable and we were talking and laughing until time was up.

Edit:. The software is limited to 40 minutes and then it boots you all out, so keep that in mind. We were all kicked out while my interviewer was chatting lol. The time shows on the screen toward the end (and may have been there the whole time but I didn't notice, probably due to nerves).
I will add, I felt as it was a little awkward during my interview when they were providing me with their comments. It always felt like the interview was over and then they'd always add more questions.

Just wanted to say I got an II in July, Interviewed on 10/7 and was accepted last week so hang in there everyone! I know its super stressful and easy to analyze everything more than you need to but everything works out how its supposed to!! good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 5 users
For accepted students, is there a way to read the handbook and other information without a iu met net ID? or do we just wait for an email that provides this information? thanks!