2020-2021 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any waitlist movement from KCU yet? I've seen a lot of people withdrawing their acceptances and am wondering if WL has moved at all from it? Any info about WL would be appreciated!
You'll hear back from mid-May until the 1st day of classes.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not that I know of! Everyone says that end of May onwards is when we will hear back. From last year's thread, there were a few waitlist decisions that went out on May 26th so here's to hoping for tomorrow!! 🤞
Do you happen to know if there’s mass movement- like multiple people come off at the same time? Or is it more likely a few people constantly trickling in over the next 2 months? I’m dying here lol

Members don't see this ad :)
You are the MVP! Did they say when they were going to start accepting off the waitlist?
Nope, just the generic "it depends on when people give up their seats, so there's no telling an exact date". I suspect it'll start moving in the next 2 weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
If anyone does get off the WL, please do share! Hoping for good news soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
so im guessing they would HAVE TO start their waitlist movement next monday-tuesday... right?

I'm sure COVID has made this quite the year for admissions. I can tell from the match threads over in the MD/DO medical student forums that COVID has throw a huge wrench in almost everyone's plan including PDs and rising residents. I'm sure it's the same for adcoms and this cohort of incoming students and those on the waitlists

That being said I geniunely mean this when I say you all have my upmost respect for going through this while the pandemic has ravaged our collective society. I couldn't imagine my already wrought nerves with this being an additional giant burden while I was applying a year ago

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I asked admissions and there hasn’t been WL movement yet.
I sent them an email end of April and they said they wouldn’t get to it until end of May to early June. Since it’s literally the end of May I’m assuming early June then? Idk lol I’m tired and stressed out

Reactions: 4 users
I sent them an email end of April and they said they wouldn’t get to it until end of May to early June. Since it’s literally the end of May I’m assuming early June then? Idk lol I’m tired and stressed out
Ditto!! I was also told the same thing as well as that the waitlist is not ranked. So that’s a positive for everyone I’d say!

Does anyone know when the last day is for someone to forfeit their seat at KCU?

Does anyone know how they decide who gets pulled first off the list then?
They try to match the applicant with the person who declined their acceptance. So if someone turns down their spot and they had a 505/3.6 and were Asian, they'll look for a similar candidate off the wait-list.

Reactions: 3 users
They try to match the applicant with the person who declined their acceptance. So if someone turns down their spot and they had a 505/3.6 and were Asian, they'll look for a similar candidate off the wait-list.
Did you personally experience this or how did you find out this information? If you don’t mind me asking.

But do you think things will change at all given the pandemic and the impact it’s had on this cycle?
I dont really see how or why COVID would change the way they pull off the waitlist

I don’t like this. Makes it almost impossible to get off the WL

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding my application to Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine.

How do I answer their question on the primary application? The question asks which campus, Joplin or Kansas City or both, I prefer and why. "Please provide a brief explanation for your campus location selection."

Is there a specific way to answer this question? Do I flatter them by saying that one campus is better than the other?

Any feedback is appreciated!
Don't say one is better than the other, but I only applied to the KC campus and said its because I'm from a city and would like to be in a familiar setting when starting medical school.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you personally experience this or how did you find out this information? If you don’t mind me asking.
I did not (I wasn't on the wait list). It's what I've always hard is how they do it though.

I don’t like this. Makes it almost impossible to get off the WL
I know KCU has huge WL movement in June. It’s happened in past years and current Med students there have said the same thing. So don’t get disheartened yet. I understand though- I’m in the same boat and waiting is brutal, especially when it’s your future career on the line.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Been waiting on WL since March, trying to follow up randomly and give them updates etc, but it's been crickets. I wish I knew how many spots were open vs people on the waitlist. My stats weren't the best so I don't even know if I have a chance.

To maybe ease your fears of no waitlist movement, the waitlist might actually have already moved. The people who have come off the waitlist might not be on sdn though. My heart goes out to y’all. Waiting is torture.

To maybe ease your fears of no waitlist movement, the waitlist might actually have already moved. The people who have come off the waitlist might not be on sdn though. My heart goes out to y’all. Waiting is torture.
I can't decide if that makes me feel better or worse... lol

• Haha
Ahhh yeah, comfort a bunch of stressed out individuals on the verge of actualizing their childhood dreams by giving them an unverifiable hypothetical that would suck out any hope that they cling to. Bravo, I feel great.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Ahhh yeah, comfort a bunch of stressed out individuals on the verge of actualizing their childhood dreams by giving them an unverifiable hypothetical that would suck out any hope that they cling to. Bravo, I feel great.
the intent was to actually GIVE hope that waitlist was moving/ going to move on sdn in the near future. Intent clearly missed lol. Because I gave an unverifiable hypothetical it gives you a reason to not believe me yes? Keep clinging onto that hope and use gorilla glue or something to make sure it doesn't leave again. My apologies for inciting more panic 😅

Does anyone know anything about a student portal? I’ve seen old posts about people seeing their status change on it & when I asked admissions about it, they said there wasn’t a portal.

You guys I just got a phone call I got off the waitlist and I got accepted to the Joplin campus!! I’m freaking out. I feel like I have so much to do now I don’t even know where to start.

Reactions: 25 users
You guys I just got a phone call I got off the waitlist and I got accepted to the Joplin campus!! I’m freaking out. I feel like I have so much to do now I don’t even know where to start.
Congratulations!!!💃start by partying all weekend

Does anyone know anything about a student portal? I’ve seen old posts about people seeing their status change on it & when I asked admissions about it, they said there wasn’t a portal.
They’re talking about the workday account that you set up after interviewing