2020-2021 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I asked her this and she just said to have it sent to the office; I had mine sent via mail.

I sent 2 electronically and 1 is being sent via mail. I did it today and already got a confirmation email that the 2 electronic ones were received, so I don’t think it really matters.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I saw the file complete email says we can call admissions on thursdays to ask about our application status. has anyone done this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw the file complete email says we can call admissions on thursdays to ask about our application status. has anyone done this?
Yeah, they told me I was complete and under review lol

Lol yeah they didnt even look me up when I called. Just asked me what the last email I received from them said, then told me that was my status. Which is totally fine, I don't expect much more info at this point, but I'm not quite sure what the purpose of inviting people to call inquiring about their status is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I wish they'd "actively" invite me for an interview. Love me please

Reactions: 7 users
any current students feel strongly (or not) and wanna share their thoughts? i got into lsu nola and another school last week and feel very torn. looking for rave reviews at this school, hopefully specifically for giving students lots of opps for research and whatever else you need to get into competitive residencies? TIA!!
Sorry if this response is way overdue! Yes there’s tons of research opportunities! To the point that LSU hosts its own summer research programs that you can apply for so that you get paid + run your own project. It’s also worth mentioning (I didn’t know this until applying through ERAS for residency) that presenting a poster is equal in weight as getting publication, and LSU also takes care of you for that as well. We host our own “Poster day” so that all researching students get a chance to design and print their poster of their project and present it to other students. It’s awesome considering how hard it is to apply nationally for a poster presentation so it’s good to have one in-house to tack that onto your resume .

P.S. Congrats to all the future doctors who have been accepted! And to those waiting and those rejected; don’t let this grueling process break your morale, the only person who can tell you you can’t be a doctor is yourself!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
any current students feel strongly (or not) and wanna share their thoughts? i got into lsu nola and another school last week and feel very torn. looking for rave reviews at this school, hopefully specifically for giving students lots of opps for research and whatever else you need to get into competitive residencies? TIA!!
Current M4. There are plenty of research opportunities, and folks have no issue getting into competitive residencies.

Anybody know when the next committee meeting is supposed to be?

Sorry if this response is way overdue! Yes there’s tons of research opportunities! To the point that LSU hosts its own summer research programs that you can apply for so that you get paid + run your own project. It’s also worth mentioning (I didn’t know this until applying through ERAS for residency) that presenting a poster is equal in weight as getting publication, and LSU also takes care of you for that as well. We host our own “Poster day” so that all researching students get a chance to design and print their poster of their project and present it to other students. It’s awesome considering how hard it is to apply nationally for a poster presentation so it’s good to have one in-house to tack that onto your resume .

P.S. Congrats to all the future doctors who have been accepted! And to those waiting and those rejected; don’t let this grueling process break your morale, the only person who can tell you you can’t be a doctor is yourself!
Thank you so much for this response! I’m feeling more and more confident every day that I’ll commit to LSU :)

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody know when the next committee meeting is supposed to be?
Should be at the very end of January. And then the advocacy meeting for everyone who is NFA’d will be mid February

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview coming up here soon. Any advice from people that have already interviewed? anything you werent expecting?

I have an interview coming up here soon. Any advice from people that have already interviewed? anything you werent expecting?

Just be yourself. Don’t stress. Try not to be anxious. It really is a laid back interview. They just want to hear your story in your own words. It’s very relaxed. They don’t grill you with questions, it’s very much just conversation.

Anyone know how many people are in the FB group?

When does the committee meet again to send out more interviews?

How exactly does one get on the NFA list? Like when your 3 interviewers vote on you, one might say no and the other 2 say yes so that's an automatic NFA b/c one said no? is that how it goes? I hope that made sense haha.

How exactly does one get on the NFA list? Like when your 3 interviewers vote on you, one might say no and the other 2 say yes so that's an automatic NFA b/c one said no? is that how it goes? I hope that made sense haha.

From what we were told, they made it seem like most people get NFA’d; however, I don’t know if goes down exactly like that.

From what I gathered it's not just your three interviewers voting, it's the entire committee. They basically put your picture up and all talk about you lol. They made it sound like a lot of people get NFA'd I guess because they aren't quite ready to make a decision.

do you think LSU still is sending out interviews? I still have not heard from the school (OOS).

Reactions: 4 users
do you think LSU still is sending out interviews? I still have not heard from the school (OOS).
Same boat. Maybe it’s just my experience but the oos public schools have almost unanimously been silent. I’ve got like 7 I haven’t heard anything from. Scared they are just silent rejections as time stretches on.

stats: LM 70, 515 MCAT, 3.62 GPA biosystems engineering

I had a friend interview in March last year and didn’t find out til like late feb about the interview so i think they still are. I don’t believe they conduct any interviews during February because they have the advocacy meeting for those of us who are NFA’d. Once they make those decisions it sounds like they send out more interviews.

Just talked to Kimberly in the admissions office and she said they are not conducting interviews in Feb and will resume in March. She continued and said my interview will be scheduled for sometime in Mar or April...Anyone else heard this/can confirm or was she mistaken? Ms. Paulette never mentioned this to me, if that is of any consequence....

For ref: OOS and will share other stats if needed.

Just talked to Kimberly in the admissions office and she said they are not conducting interviews in Feb and will resume in March. She continued and said my interview will be scheduled for sometime in Mar or April...Anyone else heard this/can confirm or was she mistaken? Ms. Paulette never mentioned this to me, if that is of any consequence....

When did you get an interview invite and when were you under review? And stats

it seems that the committee spends feb going over the NFA list and sends out a big batch of acceptances which is probably why they don’t have any interviews this month? Since so many get NFA

Last edited:

I remember when I scheduled my interview there were only dates available in January and March. They do have the first advocacy meeting for everyone on NFA in February so maybe that’s why. Or maybe they are just taking a Mardi Gras break lol

Anyone know exactly when the big advocacy meeting is and when NFA people can expect another letter?

Anyone know exactly when the big advocacy meeting is and when NFA people can expect another letter?
I don't know. I was NFA'd today. I received my letter in the mail. I would also like to know.

I saw people comment below but the reason they don’t do interviews in Feb is to go over the NFA list at the advocacy meeting and send out a large amount of acceptances out of that. They then resume in March once they have a better idea of how many spots and such they have

They said mid to late February. It’s Thursday maybe someone could call and ask. For some reason I thought someone said February 19th which is a Friday but I’m not totally sure.

Just got my NFA letter. Interviewed on the 1/27

So after the advocay meeting, does everyone on the NFA list get accepted or rejected? or can you still remain on the NFA list after the meeting?

So after the advocay meeting, does everyone on the NFA list get accepted or rejected? or can you still remain on the NFA list after the meeting?
You can still stay on the NFA list after the big meeting unfortunately. Happened to me a few cycles ago when I interviewed in Jan

Last edited:
If anyone calls and asks which day the advocacy meeting is and when NFA people should expect a letter, please share with us!

II earlier today! First available date was March 9th.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Any idea how many interview dates remain?
I actually didn't look at the entire list because I was keen on scheduling asap, but there were plenty of dates to choose from. From memory, I want to say a majority of the M, T, and Ws in March were available.

Are you OOS? My gateway didn't have dates available that early. Wonder if there's a difference there as I would've scheduled earlier if I could.

Are you OOS? My gateway didn't have dates available that early. Wonder if there's a difference there as I would've scheduled earlier if I could.
I’m IS and had dates starting from March 8th.

I'm IS. How early did you try to schedule after the email was sent? The earlier dates could have filled up by the time you went to make your selection.

Congrats! what was your complete date?
Complete on 08/20. "Complete and under active consideration" email received on 08/31. I've been waiting a while! haha

Does anyone have any advice for the MPH interview ?