2020-2021 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete on 08/20. "Complete and under active consideration" email received on 08/31. I've been waiting a while! haha
Oh ok I was complete much later that may have something to do with it. When I went to the gateway it looked like there was only 3 dates available. I'm IS and my first available was early April. When I clicked the drop-down menu those 3 popped up. When y'all clicked the drop-down, the first dates that popped up were early March? I'm hoping I didn't mess up and schedule a month later than I could have!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh ok I was complete much later that may have something to do with it. When I went to the gateway it looked like there was only 3 dates available. I'm IS and my first available was early April. When I clicked the drop-down menu those 3 popped up. When y'all clicked the drop-down, the first dates that popped up were early March? I'm hoping I didn't mess up and schedule a month later than I could have!
I got the email at 11:16 AM and immediately went to schedule since I was on my computer. Yes, when I clicked the drop-down menu there were several choices, with my first dates being early March. Assuming everyone got the email around the same time, I can only imagine that other people just scheduled before you, and as those dates filled up, they disappeared from your list of options.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if this means that it was the last batch of interviews they’re going to send out? Because they interview through April.

That's at least somewhat good to hear! Wish I could've gotten a better time, though. Good luck on your interview!

Does anyone have any advice for the MPH interview ?
One of my interviewers was from the school of public health, it honestly just felt like my other 2 interviews wasn't bad at all.

Reactions: 1 user
Just called to ask about my admissions status as I've been complete since October. The lady mentioned last interview will be held at the end of April.

Reactions: 2 users
to people who got accepted via mail was it a packet or just a letter in like a normal size enevelope?and what was it like for waitlist/rejections

When I scheduled my interview back in November there were only dates for January and March, so I’m pretty sure you didn’t miss anything!

to people who got accepted via mail was it a packet or just a letter in like a normal size enevelope?and what was it like for waitlist/rejections

It was a normal sized envelope, but it was thick because it had multiple pages in it. I knew instantly when I too it out of the mailbox that it was an acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone here have any insight/thoughts on LSU-New Orleans vs LSU-Shreveport? Pros / cons etc. Thanks!

Does anyone here have any insight/thoughts on LSU-New Orleans vs LSU-Shreveport? Pros / cons etc. Thanks!
Shreveport is a fine school. Some say they even prefer the smaller class size and the fact that they spread gross anatomy over the course of a year instead of a semester if my memory serves me correctly. I also have some friends that say that there is hardly ever any traffic and the lack of other city distractions helps them focus on school. The biggest con is it's in Shreveport if north LA isn't your cup of tea.

Thanks for the advocacy meeting update. I'm glad to know I won't be needing to run to my mailbox every 5 seconds in the middle of the week.

Shreveport is a fine school. Some say they even prefer the smaller class size and the fact that they spread gross anatomy over the course of a year instead of a semester if my memory serves me correctly. I also have some friends that say that there is hardly ever any traffic and the lack of other city distractions helps them focus on school. The biggest con is it's in Shreveport if north LA isn't your cup of tea.

Thanks for the advocacy meeting update. I'm glad to know I won't be needing to run to my mailbox every 5 seconds in the middle of the week.
Make sure you get USPS informed delivery to know when your letter is coming!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have any experience with the biochem prep course offered by Tulane?

It seems to be targeted towards incoming first years to LSU and Tulane. I vaguely remember hearing good things about it years ago, but I'm not sure if it an actual "thing" among LSU students.

Does anyone have any experience with the biochem prep course offered by Tulane?

It seems to be targeted towards incoming first years to LSU and Tulane. I vaguely remember hearing good things about it years ago, but I'm not sure if it an actual "thing" among LSU students.
There is usually a summer prep opportunity at LSU as well, but honestly if you’re worried about biochem you could go ahead and purchase the Lippencott Biochemistry review book. It’s the one you’ll use first semester and everything in it is pretty self explanatory.

Does the advocacy meeting usually fill up the class? Don't they need to offer 200 acceptances by mid March?

Do we think there are still interviews to be sent out? I haven't heard a peep from them since being under review :(

Reactions: 2 users
Are you instate? They interview through April i thought. It’s Thursday so you could call this afternoon and ask!
I called and was told that that my file was still "under review." I have been under review for the past 5 months.

I think there is an advocacy meeting tomorrow for the people that are on the waitlist and I am sure there will be more interview invites sent out after that for March and April interviews. I had an interview last year at the end of March and I got an email invite March 11.

I did not, but I did come across a post on here stating that interviews will be sent out in March/April
After the advocacy meeting tomorrow I would think they would have a better idea of how many interviews they still need to give out so I would assume people would hear something in the next few weeks!

For NFA people: Should we be receiving letters tomorrow from the advocacy meeting today?

Has anyone heard anything about letters being sent out?

USPS informed delivery shows that my letter will be arriving today so everyone be on the lookout!

I got knots in my stomach. Good luck to all!

Anyone have the ‘choose your medical school’ option that did not previously have it?

Anyone have the ‘choose your medical school’ option that did not previously have it?
Just checked and it’s not updated. My letter is also coming today. My guess is that it updates once you pay the seat deposit. But who knows

Just checked and it’s not updated. My letter is also coming today. My guess is that it updates once you pay the seat deposit. But who knows
Has anyone actually received a letter? My informed delivery did not show my letter and when I called the admission office she made it sound like they did not even send out letters yet.

Has anyone actually received a letter? My informed delivery did not show my letter and when I called the admission office she made it sound like they did not even send out letters yet.
I have informed delivery and it was mailed out 3/1/21