2020-2021 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my NFA letter. Slightly bummed but also expected this. Here’s to hoping for an acceptance down the line!
Same here

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
A!!!! Got my letter yesterday afternoon! It was dated 11/24 :) so beyond happy <3

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Any MD/PhD applicants hear any news yet?
I got the A to the medical school today and it says the MD/PhD committee will review the application to the dual degree program in the near future

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an accepted students Facebook group or anything?

Can I ask what you mean by this?
When I had my interview Dr. Eubanks basically told us to expect to get NFA’d, as it is very hard to get an acceptance without first being NFA’d. He told us most people who are eventually accepted to LSU New Orleans SOM are NFA’d first, so I was not surprised when I got my letter.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone sent in an update letter? The email I got from the admissions office stated, "Any other application updates can be emailed to the Admissions office." But I've emailed the admissions office twice with questions and never received a response. I don't want my update to get lost-- just looking for advice!

Has anyone sent in an update letter? The email I got from the admissions office stated, "Any other application updates can be emailed to the Admissions office." But I've emailed the admissions office twice with questions and never received a response. I don't want my update to get lost-- just looking for advice!
I did after my interview. I sent it to the [email protected] email and got a response pretty quickly after sending. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully they'll follow the every 2 weeks trend and send out a good chunk of interview invites this week! Impatiently waiting to hear from this schoolio

Anybody have any idea when the next committee meeting is?

any OOS II in general?
There was one OOS interviewing on Nov 18 with me. Be patient, though. It’s still very early in the cycle. all of the med students we spoke with said they didn’t get their acceptances until March/April.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m not trying to be dramatic or anything, but if they don’t send out another batch of interview invites with lanyoh’s name in it soon, I’m gonna flip an entire table
Radio silence on my end :(

Marked complete & under active consideration on Oct 6. Radio silence since then. Anyone know if it’s normal to not hear anything in almost 3 months?

Marked complete & under active consideration on Oct 6. Radio silence since then. Anyone know if it’s normal to not hear anything in almost 3 months?
Yes! They interview a lot of people and with COVID I’m sure most schools are taking a bit longer to get to everybody. Don’t panic!

How long did it take those of you who’ve been accepted to get a confirmation that you paid the seat deposit?

I sent a letter of intent after my NFA letter was received. I was just published, can I send another update? Any insight would be very helpful

I sent a letter of intent after my NFA letter was received. I was just published, can I send another update? Any insight would be very helpful
Considering Dr. Eubanks strongly encourages applicants to keep their application up to date, I would say absolutely send them an update.

i got an email a week later!

The envelope was delivered on 12/21, but no email yet. I think it’s because of the holidays, but I’m going to send a quick email to make sure.

The envelope was delivered on 12/21, but no email yet. I think it’s because of the holidays, but I’m going to send a quick email to make sure.
Could you share what they say? I haven’t gotten an email either also sent same day!

For those of you who have gotten the "$100 received" email, is there anything else we have to do now? Just wait until the spring right? I haven't gotten anything from LSU since that e-mail.

For those of you who have gotten the "$100 received" email, is there anything else we have to do now? Just wait until the spring right? I haven't gotten anything from LSU since that e-mail.

That’s my understanding. The letter said we’d here more in the spring. Tbh, I don’t know what to do with myself now!

How should we send an updated transcript to the school for Fall 2020 semester? If I upload to AMCAS will they get it?

How should we send an updated transcript to the school for Fall 2020 semester? If I upload to AMCAS will they get it?
I was told by the admissions office that the best way is to email a copy of the official transcript to the [email protected] email

I’ve sent 2 or 3 updates since I was NFA’d and there hasn’t been any issue!

My deposit got lost in the mail so I went to the office to drop another check off. Ms. Paulette said that all I needed to do now was send all official transcripts to the office. Make sure you don’t forget!

My deposit got lost in the mail so I went to the office to drop another check off. Ms. Paulette said that all I needed to do now was send all official transcripts to the office. Make sure you don’t forget!
I wonder if they want them mailed or emailed.